It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Divinity II: Ego Draconis 
Minor Diety

Post Divinity II: Ego Draconis
Larian studios announced the sequel to Divine Divinity, their previous (critically acclaimed) RPG game. It will be release on both PC and Xbox 360. First screens + video (on the right side of the page) here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=192049

Looks good, like a mix between Oblivion and The Witcher. Let's hope they keep the atmosphere and the depth of the original. :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:44 am
Minor Diety

About freaking time! Maybe I'll complete DD and BD before it comes out... probably not though ;) *pokes Larian to get on with it* Oddly enough I did reinstall BD just a week ago...

Have to say it's looking absolutely gorgeous

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It does, for such a small(ish) company. If they can keep the gameplay...could become a classy addition to the RPG's out there.

I like the original DD better than BD though Pev, the latter is more of a (very intricate) Diablo-style game imho. DD is true RPG ;)

- Coach

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 pm
Minor Diety

looks good. loved the other 2 divinity games.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:54 pm
Minor Diety

Oh I prefer DD too, but BD is still awesome (and annoyingly hard) plus it had the booklet from Rhianna Pratchett :P

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The website for the game is up

http://www.divinity2.com/

Not much there yet, except for the amazing music by Kirill Pokrovsky, who was already responsible for the (award-winning) soundtracks of DD and BD.

P.S. In case anyone wondered, Ego Draconis is latin for "I, of the dragon" or more loosely translated "I am the son of the dragon(s)". Latin rox0rs.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:35 pm
Minor Diety

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/902/902 ... Sid=902353

Apparently, you can transform into a (small) dragon in game (Pev!). But it has its drawbacks, obviously. People aren't too happy to see dragons, by and large. :P

More interesting stuff:

Quote:
Like many role-playing games, Ego Draconis features a deep class and skill system, which you can pick and choose from to craft your character to your liking. Where it gets more interesting is in the dragon slayer's special skills. This character can read minds, something that will become quite important given the branching quests this game features. How you choose to complete quests can have long reaching rewards…or consequences.

We saw a very basic example of this in a standard goblin hunting quest. Richard of Aleroth offers up this little mission, saying he'll pay you for each goblin heart you bring back. You can simply accept the quest and get paid for your work, or you can read Richard's mind. It turns out he isn't going to pay you a fair price for the hearts. You can then cut out the middle man and go direct to the person he was going to sell them to or refuse the quest outright. Refusing a quest doesn't end it. If you're not going to do it, Richard will take off to do it himself. Later you might bump into him out in the forest, surrounded by goblins. From there, you have a few more decisions to make and the chain of quests continues.

We saw another quest that started as with a simple request to deliver a letter. Depending upon how you choose to complete the quest, people could end up dead, you could end up with a powerful amulet, families could be destroyed, or you might even end up having the blacksmith permanently jack up prices on you for stabbing him in the back. Sounds a lot more interesting than some of the simplistic events we've grown used to in most RPGs.

- Coach

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:24 pm
Stranger

Finally another decent RPG, i was already afraid that anime had killed the normal rpg genre.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 am
Minor Diety

oh sounds awesome, thanks for that little excerpt ox! Can't wait *drools at the dragon transforming*

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

This (poor quality) video from the Leipzig Games Convention of this weekend shows the player changing into a dragon and flying around.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0HncSduLI ... re=related

Changes shapes at about 3:57. The animation is still a little rigid but then it's still a beta so I'm guessing it'll change in time. :)

- Coach

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:42 pm
Minor Diety

I hate you ox. Stop making me want this game dammit!

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol sorry...I might regret posting this then ;)

http://www.gamershell.com/tv/14126.html

Not spectacular (yet), but the game isn't going to be out before mid 2009 anyway. Still a lot being optimized I reckon. But there's dragons!

- Coach

Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:44 am
Minor Diety

good it won't be til 09, might be able to afford it then ;)

The world and style very much reminds me of GW

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:00 am
Minor Diety

I hate you more

*drools*

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next