It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Divinity II: Ego Draconis 
Minor Diety

I tried to shield my eyes from his face and focused on the screen. :P Looks good though.

- Coach

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:16 am
Minor Diety

Short piece on the D2 presentation at E3, in which it appears that the PC version of D2 is the 'base' version and more polished than the Xbox 360 one. :)

http://kotaku.com/5283601/divinity-2-eg ... -am-dragon

Quote:
I sat in on a demonstration of the game at E3 2009, and everything started well enough. The PC in publisher DTP's tiny booth launched the game smoothly, and the graphics were crisp, smooth, and vibrant. Intrigued, I leaned in closer, only to have the PC sputter, stutter, and die.

Then my demo pilot switched to the Xbox 360 version, where the graphics were noticeable darker and the frame rate nowhere near as smooth. Now I know which version I'll be picking up.

[...]

The high level of polish didn't quite carry over into the dragon section of the game, unfortunately, with much of the character of the title falling away once the player transforms, losing some detail in order to affect a sense of scale, no pun intended.

The game also features a Dragon Tower, where players can store their items, send NPCs out into the world in search of crafting materials, and even seek the aid of a necromancer to help build a summonable monster out of parts you gather during your travels.

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is a truly ambitious sequel to the 2002 action roleplaying game. Developer Larian Studios is looking to far outdo themselves in terms of storytelling, scope, and quality...let's hope that they are up to the task. I'd love to see what the dragon portion of the title looks like on the PC instead of the 360. Perhaps the polish the game lacks on the console is made up for on PC.

- Coach

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 am
Stranger

This year is going to be the RPG year. We've got Dragon Age Origins, Ego Draconis, Risen and Arcania plus Alpha Protocol to look forward to. And these games have roughly 35-50h of main quest so my question is: "Where the f*** does the time come from to play all these."

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 am
Stranger

Originally i think it was aimed for q4 2009 but i dont think it will make it. And making DA:O compete with one of their own seems silly to me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 am
Minor Diety

First cinematic trailer (of three) released. Release is planned for the end of the month, I think.

You'll find the trailer here

http://www.divinity2.com/

- Coach

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 am
Stranger

Nicely done trailer but the female narrator, she'd sound much better in modern setting game. She has a good voice but a little unfitting for that particular trailer.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 am
Minor Diety

I agree, I had the same feeling. Overall it made me happy though. :)

Btw, the German version is coming out the 1st of August, but the international one in September. So it's going head-on with Dragon Age.

- Coach

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:44 am
Stranger

Starting from August its gonna be a friggin nightmare, for the wallet. Alpha Protocol, Borderlands, Dragon Age, CrimeCraft, Divinity2, Tropico 3.... Seriously WTF!111one!11?

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:40 am
Felix Rex

oh good... I was getting so bored. Done with prototype, mostly burned out on TF2, tired of AA3's bugs... borrowed a couple games (Ghostbusters, Riddick, a few others) and pretty much just got bored with them all. I'm getting all jaded. I better not end up like Derf! :roll:

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Aah too late my friend :D. I am at that point myself, i finished with sword of teh stars, im soooo bored of TF2, and all the other games in my collection dont seem to interesting at the moment.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:36 pm
Felix Rex

heh...yea...I remember when I was a kid, any game I could get my hands on I would play to death, even bad ones. Now...I can't even finish a lot of these games because I get so bored of them. Or frustrated. Or both.

Anyway, here's hoping there's some really good stuff on the horizon. Shiny's even worse off than me...not a single game to appeal to her since Conan.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Count

It's OK I have been so completely obsessed with my book series lately I probably would not have played anything. Although very shortly it will be completed and I'll be bored again. :?

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:08 am
Minor Diety

The German PC version of Divinity II has gone gold and will be released on the 24th of July. Xbox version will follow early September. Impressions, assembled by RPGwatch:

Quote:
In a positive preview Eurogamer.de states that the games does a lot of things in the right way and that there is a deep story combined with lots of humor but that the success of the game depends on how well Larian is able to solve some of the issues they encountered with balancing, framerate and CTD's. Still they conclude that if these issues are solved the game is something to look forward to.

GBase.ch has lots of positive things to say about the deep story, character development, graphics and combat, while also making a side remark about Larian still working on balancing.

And finally Krawall brings us a preview as well with a preliminary rating of good, but note that the graphics when flying as a dragon are a bit bland, which they blame on the Oblivion engine. When not flying as a dragon they state the game is very beautiful.

Some remarks: the PC version is released before the Xbox one, suggesting that is the 'primary' version (not surprising given Larian's roots in PC gaming). That's good news. Also, with the international version of the game released in a month or two we can look forward and hope for a lot of the more annoying issues to be fixed when we get to lay our hands on it. :)

A whole batch of screens:

http://www.eurogamer.de/gallery.php?gam ... _id=652131

looks pretty

- Coach

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:45 am
Minor Diety

im put off by the uberzoom, but thats just me.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next