It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
KOTOR MMO confirmed 
Felix Rex

Post KOTOR MMO confirmed
It was announced by EA at E3. There is an MMO based off of KOTOR slated for release in 2009.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6194664.ht ... ws;title;1

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well, I think we all know what game we'll be playing in year. :) Kotor + Bioware + MMORPG? Sounds HAWT!

- Coach

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:25 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, but EA is teh suck. Let's hope they don't drain the life out of it like Sony tends to do. Not that that'll stop me from playing it. KOTOR ftw! I'm hoping for more info to come out on playable characters and such. I'm curious if you can be jedi/sith or not.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, yeah, wonder how they'll handle that. Realistically speaking, you can't have a universe of thousands and thousands of Jedi and Sith running around, as they're supposed to be rare and elite and all that jazz.

But seriously, who's gonna play as a freaking republic soldier or sith footsoldier, waving around his blaster? That's überlame. :roll:

On second thought, I MIGHT consider playing as a Mandalorian. But then no lightsabre. /me cries

- Coach

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:41 pm
Felix Rex

I'm wondering if they'll just balance force-users with non-force users. I mean, in KOTOR you could get totally owned by some non-sith with a sword or a blaster if you weren't careful. If a level 60 mandalorian is an even match for a level 60 sith, then it may be worth it. It'd be even cooler if the force users were a little unerpowered. All these little punk kids running around as jedi getting omgwtfpwnt by mandalorians and the like. :)

Obviously I'm just conjecturing. Now that I know this is really happening, I have a thirst for additional info.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:16 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

I only hope they do it justice :D

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 am
Minor Diety

I'm wondering if they'll just balance force-users with non-force users. I mean, in KOTOR you could get totally owned by some non-sith with a sword or a blaster if you weren't careful. If a level 60 mandalorian is an even match for a level 60 sith, then it may be worth it. It'd be even cooler if the force users were a little unerpowered. All these little punk kids running around as jedi getting omgwtfpwnt by mandalorians and the like. :)

Obviously I'm just conjecturing. Now that I know this is really happening, I have a thirst for additional info.

Me too. I'd like to be positive about the way they're gonna handle the Jedi-hood in kotor 3, but chances are they'll just hold a huge grindfest to allow the worst grinders to become a jedi or some shit. In that regard I would love to be an equally powerful Mandalorian, yeah. Rape some n44bz.
:roll:

Anyway, how many things in the Star Wars universe can kinda take on a Jedi/Sith? Let's see: Mandalorians, Wookies, Boba Fett...erh...*thinks* Jabba? :?

Maybe they'll have a Rancor race. :roll: Rancor Jedi ftw!

- Coach

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:16 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 am
Stranger

I wish they hadnt made it MMO, coz they fail horribly. Having two SW mmos on the market makes it even more bizzare.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 am
Felix Rex

galaxies is pretty much dead.... the servers are ghost towns from what I hear. I'm willing to bet that Lucas Arts knows what it's doing... the license for SWG probably expires about the time KOTOR will be released.

With the Star Wars cartoon movie coming out in the future, this game could totally ride a renewed Star Wars interest. Not that I think lots of transient fan boys are a great thing, but the MMO market is pretty crowded. Anything to give the game that needed kick in the pants out of the door is a good thing.

Let's hope they do a better job patching / updating an MMO than they have their regular games.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well Bioware eventually gets the job done. I mean they even recently (a few weeks ago) released a patch for NWN1. Still i would have preffered a strong emotional singleplayer game.

Too many promising dev companies waste their time on MMOs.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 am
Felix Rex

MMO is where the money is at. You get a successful enough MMO and it can single-handedly fund all your other projects.

But people are creatures of habit... I think wrestling all the people away from WoW will be next to impossible.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No kidding. Do you know any WoW addicts? I do. Some are even extremely intelligent and sensible people. WoW devours your soul and sense. :o

I wonder though, there will come a time when WoW's engine will be hopelessly outdated compared to the newest MMORPG's (actually, it already is)...and if they don't time the appearance of the (inevitable) WoW II they might lose a bunch of victims.

Anyway, thinking about all the money blizzard is making off WoW is making me hard. 15 $ per month X 10 million subscribers...yeah.

- Coach

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:38 am
Felix Rex

The thing about WoW is they lose all their subscibers to every big MMO release...but the guys don't cancel their accounts. They play the new MMO for a couple weeks to a couple months, get bored, then go back to WoW. I know a bunch of people that do that crap.

I think the big problem is the social aspect. These WoW dorks have had years to form social relationships in WoW. That stuff doesn't exist in the new MMOs (due to lack of time) so they get bored. We just need an MMO that has really hardcore social networking built into it. :)

And there are still people playing Ultima Online and Evercrack, so the outdated graphics engine argument isn't going to work.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next