It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
Dragon Age 
Minor Diety

Bioware never has release dates really, it's EA's business model to have them, so Bio had to come with some release date. And now it's "moved". Well, I can wait, my computer's not up to the task anyway, and I'm not buying anything new soon.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 am
Felix Rex

lol @ arathorn's dinosaur computer. What's your frame rate in minesweeper? :lol:

:p Personally I wasn't all that hyped up about Dragon Age yet, so whatever, I can deal. Maybe it'll be MEGA-AWESOME! Or maybe it'll just suck. Only time will tell.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 pm
Minor Diety

http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?ga ... 525#anchor

bunch of new screens, look incredible (in terms of design and atmosphere I mean). Have a quick browse through the slideshow. :)

/me tries not to think of huge delay

- Coach

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 am
Stranger

SecuROM dropped, Hoooray for the bright future.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6209144.ht ... op;title;3

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 05, 2009 12:58 am
Felix Rex

oh, well now that is excellent news. I'm still pissed about GTA IV. Nice to see some companies are starting to wise up.

Tue May 05, 2009 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Other DA news: old logo dropped, new one adopted. Check it out on top of the page...not exactly an improvement if you ask me. Blood stains are...well...blood stains.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

- Coach

Sat May 09, 2009 8:46 am
Felix Rex

I don't think I would've even noticed. :roll:

Sat May 09, 2009 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

violence trailer

...wow. Just wow. One part of me is saying, cool, gore and shit fits well in the 'dark fantasy' setting they wanted to create. It's decidely gonna be an adult game (cfr sex scene too), judging by those images.

On the other hand...is this the 'spiritual successor to BG' it's being marketed as?! The sheer overload of blood in that trailer (some characters are literally drenched in it), combined with the music, smells an awful lot like an attempt to appeal to the console crowd. :(

Gah. At least The Old Republic won't appear on a console. *prays*

- Coach

Sun May 10, 2009 5:05 am
Stranger

Quote:
wtf was this? is this EA's doing? i don't see the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate here.. someone point it out.

why not go the whole way Bioware? make them naked and give her realistic orgasm sounds... assholes. gives a whole new use to the Haste spell.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 10, 2009 5:40 am
Felix Rex

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonag ... e=previews

I particularly was excited by this:
Quote:
And speaking of Baldur's Gate, fans of that revered series will be happy to know that though Dragon Age: Origins can be played from an over-the-shoulder third-person view, players will be able to move the camera above the action, mimicking quite precisely the isometric look of Baldur's Gate (right down to the green circles around your individual party members' feet).

I think this game will be invading Shiny's dreams.

Oh, also there was this:

Quote:
Laidlaw said that most of the focus is now on the console versions, particularly on transforming the PC interface into something more controller-friendly for the console versions of the game.

Yay...a game that was built for PC first instead of the other way around. Stupid consoles and their lame ass interfaces.

Thu May 21, 2009 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea, Mass Effect was exactly the opposite, developed for consoles and optimized for the pc. Without having played the pc version i cant really comment more on it though.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 21, 2009 11:55 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I played the console version of ME as well, no clue how the pc port went. I'm just tired of basically getting console hand-me-downs on the PC. It's nice to see things go the other way. In my experience, it's much easier to build something more capable (pc) and then scale it down (to the console) then the other way around.

Thu May 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Perhaps that is the reason behind such a move. But then again, its not such a wise move without prior experience with the consoles. ME was that experience for Bioware. I think that devs are more concerned about console version because that will bring in more money.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 22, 2009 3:06 am
Count

Oh geez, I remember those damn circles under people in my dreams. Seriously, like Satis would be in my dream but with a green circle at the feet.

But then again that was back when Satis and I would play Baldur's gate for like 10 hours at a time. We would eat those sour trolly worms til our tongues were sore.

What times /sigh. That was like OMG 8 years or more now?

Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next