It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
Dragon Age 
Minor Diety

Too bad it's still so far off...better not to think of it too much until then, aye? ;)

Sure, I'll try to find and post any new info that comes through (it seems Bioware finally decided to open the information sluice on DA).

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 am
Felix Rex

I'm tired of the slow anime-ination of western games. It's annoying. Ginormous swords is just the beginning. Next we'll have chicks with huge eyes and guys that look like chicks. And talking mushrooms with groins. Make the madness stop!

But anyway, I started watching those Gamespy videos and got bored. More gameplay, less yapping! :roll:

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I'm tired of the slow anime-ination of western games. It's annoying. Ginormous swords is just the beginning. Next we'll have chicks with huge eyes and guys that look like chicks. And talking mushrooms with groins. Make the madness stop!

Im with you on that one. I hate anime games, they are visually so gay that i cant really bring myself to playing them. The closest i got was Jade Empire but that was a mix of sorts.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 am
Minor Diety

I'd sooner stop gaming than getting involved in gaynime RPG's. So yeah, let's keep the giant swords to a minimum. :roll:

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:22 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:23 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:35 am
Felix Rex

On the ani-games, I played guild wars... that was heavily anime'd...and the character art was pretty freakin' annoying. Except some of the chicks were hot. :p

I played Lineage 2... but that totally sucked. And the anime-ination was horrible and just made the game that much more gay. WoW of course sucks ass. Beyond that, I think I've managed to stay clear of anime games.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
That's why I never went near WOW, I really don't go for that mega huge sword crap.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 am
Stranger

I already forgot that i played wow and gw. my bad there.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 am
Felix Rex

haha. To be fair, GW was a pretty good game. It kept me interested for like a year and a half... there aren't many games that I can say that about. But it wasn't the anime graphics that I liked, by any means... in fact, they probably hurt it. And of course every expansion just seemed to make things worse. At least with factions, I enjoyed the assassin character class. The next one after that was just bad... ah well. I probably won't be picking up GW 2 unless it gets really good reviews and I have nothing else to do.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm seriously surprised/shocked that you thought GW had anime graphics. I think it is nothing like. Otherwise I would hate the graphics. I force myself to ignore WoWs graphics because I seriously hate japanesey-style animation in any way,s hape or form and particularly cartoony game graphics.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah, apart from Factions (*shiver*) i didn't find GW that Asian either. Sure, the male models were a bit pansy (even the warrior was kinda lame) but hey.

If GW2 brings the same gameplay to the table in the same marketing concept (no fees) then there's little doubt I will get involved in it again. Provided some decent reviews, obviously. :roll:

had some great times in GW. Remember us pwning in the super-high-level area of the Shiverpeak Mountains Satis? Dual necromancer, über hax, erh hexx0rs! Good times.

- Coach

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 am
Felix Rex

heh, yea... I had some good times in that game. Collecting greens. Running dual monks with Shiny, especially at Thundergate Keep or whatever it was. We'd do it just for the hell of it, and if someone pissed us off we'd let them die and then either vengeance them every 30 seconds or leash them with that elite rez spell. Ahhh...good times.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Anyway, i watched all the videos and indeed that big sword on the king or prince or whatever is just a big no-no. Its totally out of proportion. On the other hand, the one that Duncan has is almost ok for a two hander, well it borders on the size that its not irritating.

What saddens me is that they continually reference to BG2 but thats a dangerous step since i dont think there will ever be a game which can stand against the infinity engine (well VR maybe). Like there will never be another true SPECIAL Fallout game. Not in our lifetime.

What i mean is that if go around screaming we are the best, we are going to do better, then atleast i will adopt a negative stance. In the end it will be the people who praise or destroy the game, not the developers. Dethroning BG as the grandest rpg is no small feat.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 am
Minor Diety

ahhh i enjoyed partying with you guys. GW2 will be free (and you'll all get a beta invite), methinks we should meet up just for old times sake in the beta :P

The thing that worries me with dragon age... is its bioware. And it's bioware claiming it to be the 'spiritual successor' to BG... now I remember them doing this with NWN and when I tried NWN expecting it to be BG... I was horribly, horribly disappointed. Would probably enjoy NWN a whole lot more if it wasn't ingrained on my thoughts that it's *meant* to be BG.

Let's hope they pull it off better (without overly huge swords and shoulder pads!)

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next