It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Dragon Age 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Dragon Age
haha, cool, glad to see you're playing it. Dragon Age really is a great game.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah, good to see you're not turned off by the console version of the game. Apparently it was a disappointment for many people because the controls lacked a bit. Keep us updated!

- Coach

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:26 am
Minor Diety

The controls aren't terrible, but as you'd expect a KBM combo would be much more efficient. The frame rate for most of the game is fantastic to, even as some of the larger fights unfold which is nice.

The only problem I'm really having is that I've got it on the hardest difficulty and boy-howdy is it showing. The game is beating me damn hard. So far there has been 1 enemy I just can not kill, but it's avoidable - which is, If I remember correctly the Revenant that appears if you disturb the wards in the Bracillian forest. Currently I'm trying to fight my way through the mages tower after you go back but those demonic temptress type ladies prove to be a bitch.

A sexy bitch.

EDIT: This chick

I posted the more safe for work picture, just incase ;)

Haha, just like Rinox. Anyway, I gotta get back to work so I'll post an update as it unfolds. I'm playing as mage which is annoying me now, because you can do quite a lot of damage to large amounts of enemies - which means you get a lot of Agro. But Allistar is coming in useful with his Taunt abilities etc.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I think my mage was my favorite character, so stick with it. Just fyi, the Revenant is hard regardless of the difficulty level... you'll be able to come back later and kill it with less trouble. So don't worry too much about that. sounds like you're doing pretty well.

what spell schools are you working on?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Forgive me if I mess up the names etc; I'm a practical man not a theoretical one ;)

Anyway so far I've maxed out the one that allows you to suck the life out of dead bodies - because I figured I'm gonna get pwned a lot so need to heal. But now as I'm gaining more power, I've gotten to the stage where I can summon a minion which is proving to be useful fodder. I just wish it was an etheral minion without the need for a humanoid body to draw upon.

I'm playing as 'good' so I'm staying away from blood magic. I guess BG would describe me as Unlawful Good generally though. I'd rather see the people happy and the demon slain than abide by a local law or logic. I'm a bit... direct, in getting what needs to be done done.

I think I'm gonna work on one of the Primal trees next, as I mostly have Heals (Though I don't yet have Group or Revive) and poisoning spells. I figure if I combine Fireball with the thing that makes the damaging cloud, It'll pwn most shit. Especially because I've got my dog with me and his stun move fucking owns most things. It's like *cast cloud thing* *run dog in* *howl* *cast time bomb spells* *Watch them explode* *watch them all die from poison/aoe/bomb* . If I then sent in a fireball to knock them back down and combined that with archery I reckon I'll be able to hold of most large mobs.

The larger mobs seem to be giving me the biggest trouble. It kind makes me sad that a pack of 10 wolves is harder to defeat than 3-5 dark spawn, but I guess the problem with DnD rules is it's all numbers.

I'm about level 10 now, and I'm just fighting my way through the Fade, done 3 of the 5 mini bosses and now going to save my partners. I'm gonna bed lelliana, because she's to nice and needs bringing back down to earth ;)

What level do you roughly get to be by end game? What tree's did you follow? Ooh and Also, the Demon Temptress woman cast an insta-AoE spell that stunned everyone in the immediate vicinty, which would be useful - what spell would that be?

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I think it might be mass paralysis you're talking about. The one that stuns everything.

If I remember, the spells I took...

Fire (all), cold (all), electrical (most?), healing (all), summoning (to spell bloom), death (all), hexes (all), draining (all). I may be confusing some of my mages. :roll: Max level is 25 according to a Wiki.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Could be the one - it looked like it had very little in the way of casting time, a flash of dull but white light kinda radiates outward and the bam, no one can move.

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Morrigan was maxed in Primal except for the earth path (she could cast blizzard + inferno + tempest on top of each other, wahey), and had a lot of Entropy and Spirit spells as well.

I wasn't much of a magic user, didn't even have a single healing spell. I found that fit a dwarven protagonist rather well, since they can't do magic themselves and dislike it. ;) You could easily help your health problems with potions, with some financial investment. At the end you shit money anyway. Not sure what level I was...23-24 perhaps? Could be less.

Oh and Mole, I don't know if you are aware but you can combine some spells into more powerful effects. Like freeze a person and casting stonefist on them will do a LOT more damage than it usually would. You can find most of combinations online, but it's fun to find them out for yourself.

Small tip since you're using animate dead: use 'spell might' before casting 'animate dead'. ;)

- Coach

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:28 am
Minor Diety

Ta for the advice bro :) But I don't have anyone with Spell might yet. I've just reached...

Fuck what's it called hold on *you see Mole go to game map*

Denerim - I've started wondering around looking for the quests I can pick up but both Allistar and Leliana (sorry for any spelling errors) have people they want to find or meet, or kill or love or something. Really, really enjoying this game so far!

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Great, glad you're digging it. Let us know how you progress and what choices you make. :twisted:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, the choices you make tend to be pretty neat. I ended up with a story that was vastly different from some of my friends...in some pretty radical ways.

- Coach

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:59 am
Minor Diety

After having finished DA2 and watching bf playing all the origins to pick his fave char, I've finally finished Origins myself! Hooray! Now to do Awakening/Golems/Witch Hunt. Then play all the origin stories. Then do a full evil playthrough. Maybe more. Who knows?!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

haha, congrats on finally finishing it! Yay! Don't expect too much from the expansion, though. It wasn't horrible, by any means, but not as good as DA1.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I wonder, what was your ending like Pev?

Awakenings is good, but like Satis said not amazing either. You'll love Anders I'm sure. :)

- Coach

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:03 am
Minor Diety

Well, obviously *spoiler* for those who may not have finished.

My ending wasn't exactly as I planned. Originally Alistair was to be king but then I figured if I can't marry him and he doesn't want to, Anora can have the throne. Morrigan had her filthy claws kept well away from him and then at the end I thought you could interrogate Alistairs motives then sacrifice yourself but no! So Alistair died in mine.

So far I love Awakening; it's interesting coz Ser Pounce-a-lot is mentioned in DA2 (Anders returns in that) and yes, of course Anders is awesome. Love his wit. Though knowing things from #2 cools me on him lol! I'm finding the skill trees bloated now though. I'm level 28 and for the past 6 levels I'm struggling to pick spells I actually want. Nice to finally have some useful skills (i.e. the mana/stamina/health ones) but other than that... I'm spending points for the hell of it *shrugs* Oh well.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next