It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Dragon Age 
Felix Rex

I can't say I wasn't annoyed with some poor speccing choices I made for my main, but yea, a respec would cheapen the game. This is Baldur's Gate, not World of Warcraft.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I never got the respec thing either...there was a relatively big cry for it post-release (also because many people weren't familiar with the next system as opposed to D&D games), so a mod that allows it was made. I guess Bioware decided to incorporate it. The consequences of the WoW generation? Who knows. Otoh, no one's forcing us to use the option I guess.

@ Satis:

I agree partially, but in the end the amount of time it takes to make something doesn't matter to us, does it? If you get an equal amount of fun out of a 6h shooter or a 15h RPG and they both are the same price, you're still getting more worth out of your buck with the RPG than the shooter regardless of production time and cost.

Also, 5 new NPC's with their own backstory, that's already a lot of work right there. Just playing devil's advocate here...I suppose we'll have to wait and see what we're dealing with here, a Throne of Bhaal or a cheap extended DLC.

- Coach

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 am
Minor Diety

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/expan ... -age/60438

- Coach

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 am
Felix Rex

btw, in case there was any doubt, there IS a DLC coming out.. it was supposed to come out Jan 5 but was delayed. It's called Return to Ostagar. Not sure what the revised release date is supposed to be.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 am
Profile WWW
King

I need to finish this game but I cant stop playing Quake live and COD MW2MP. Currently trying to get the Urn. Have yet to visit the forest. Trying to kill Flemeth so I can pound Morrigan.

To Morrigan: "O you want to get smart mouth with me? Well TAKE THAT! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT! WHOS YOUR DADDY!"

Morrigan: THE GREY WARRDEN

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

lol... yes, that sounds lovely. Personally, I want to pound Wynn. I bet that old bag knows all kinds of tricks. Or Flemeth, even better.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

*imagines the Shapeshifted Flemeth/Satis erotic fanfic*

- Coach

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 am
Stranger

I think that gives swallowing a whole new meaning :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am
Minor Diety

Thinking about leaving my Dalish she-ranger for what she is right and now and starting a mage...gonna make him the ugliest freak imagineable and become a blood mage. Mm.

- Coach

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 am
Minor Diety

Ok I created the mage yesterday...he looks so very bad, in such a way that the only possible outcome is that he'll turn out to be the biggest dick in the entire universe. Kinda like my Jean-Luc Shepard character in ME1. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 am
Minor Diety

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14202

In short: good stuff, but very very short. I'll skip paying 5€ for 45 minutes of gameplay and a few items...it's bound to be added to a future expansion (like Awakening) some time anyway.

SPOILER

On another note: my friend (who died in the final battle) was wondering how he'd continue playing in the Awakening expansion now that his main is dead. He's afraid he might not "feel" the game cause his character's story is finished. Good point. I think the canon is that Morrigan had your or Allistair's baby and that you survived the final battle, but that doesn't magically revive characters that DID die, does it now?

- Coach

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:47 am
Minor Diety

I've been playing a bit with my (future) blood mage. Funny how the Circle of Mages looks really nice and cosy, very much unlike the place I ended up at with my Dwarven Commoner character. :roll: But also very cool.

- Coach

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6249946.ht ... tory;title

Quote:
For role-playing game fans, the biggest news will be that Dragon Age: Origins will apparently be getting a follow-up or major expansion in the first quarter of 2011. The game "Dragon Age Title TBA" is on EA's schedule for the January-March period for the PC, unspecified consoles, and--for the first time--portable platforms. (The game's first major expansion, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, is due out March 16.) In a postearnings report conference call, EA executives also promised the three months would yield "something far-reaching for Mass Effect," BioWare's other ongoing RPG series.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:49 am
Stranger

Post Re: Dragon Age
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6253161.html
Quote:
The first full-fledged Dragon Age expansion, Awakening, is due out next week, with another major release in the series due out in the first quarter of 2011.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next