It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Dragon Age 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragon Age
Rad! :twisted:

- Coach

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:54 am
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:
Rad! :twisted:

So 1990.

:)

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 pm
Minor Diety

Rad Gravity was an awesome game on NES i believe. :D

Frankly i don't get very excited about a dragon age 2,3 or 4. I haven't played since i started a second game to (finally) meet Shale. I just don't feel an urge, i'm not drawn into the game that much.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:30 am
Minor Diety

I hear ya. I don't think it's the game's fault, however. More that we're older, have less time and are seeing the world/games with less wonder. I mean there was a time when I though this was a pretty awesome game and spent many hours trying to beat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3CrqmhDk2A

Puts things into perspective.

- Coach

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:51 am
Felix Rex

oh, dude, I played the shit out of moon patrol. That game was fun (and hard) as hell. I seem to recall even playing the arcade version.

Err, anyway, I certainly have no desire to return to play DA again, but I kinda played the piss out of it. A good game, in my opinion, but I'm definitely done. Hopefully DA2 is far enough out that I'll have a hankering for a return by then.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've put more hours into beating that game than was healthy, and never did (although at that age I was ten at most).

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 am
Minor Diety

New DLC coming, focusing on Morrigan after she left you after/before the final battle.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/01/dragon- ... -hunt-dlc/

Looks interesting enough really, but the Bioware points immediately put me off. :( Maybe I'll still get it if it's really good, not sure.

- Coach

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:09 am
Stranger

Im sticking to full games. They can keep their adventure packs to themselves.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I'm not sure I care. The DA expansion wasn't all that great, and I'm getting pretty burned out on all the rape-me DLC bullshit. Hey, $5 for 2 hours of mediocre game play? Yea... no thanks. The crap they've pulled with ME2, Just Cause 2, MoW2, AvP, and Fallout 3 has turned me off to it completely.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

MoW 2?

Fallout 3's DLC wasn't half bad though. Just a bit too expensive. The rest...ok.

- Coach

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 am
Felix Rex

yea, sorry, not MoW2, I meant MW2. My bad.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Well, Gamespot slammed the Morrigan expansion to DA. 5/10.

Quote:
Morrigan's return is a disappointment in this vapid downloadable add-on.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

:( another fail for DLC.

It's a shame cause this might have interested me. If it hadn't been overpriced and shit, that is.

There have been so few succesful (ie critically acclaimed) DLC packs -Fallout 3 did some good ones, I heard Borderlands wasn't too bad either - that I wonder how their relative critical success/failure lines up against the sales numbers. Because clearly, companies couldn't care less about critical reception if they made cash out of it. :roll:

Like MW2's idiotic 15 bucks for mp map packs. MAP PACKS!! Yeah, that's the kind of ripoff you're exposing yourself too if you're not raging against the disabling of mod support or dedicated servers. :/ Did you hear what they're pulling for the newest installment of CoD (black ops or summit)? You have to pay a monthly fee to play on ranked servers. AND you have to go with their server provider to "rent" a ranked server.

Yeah...go fuck yourself with a sharp stick, Call of Duty series. Why don't you make some more console kiddies shooters for people that think it's normal to pay for features that are free in other, better games (TF2 for example).

/rage out

- Coach

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:30 am
Felix Rex

on the flip side, black ops allows dedicated servers and mod support. I could give a fuck about ranked servers... well...unless rank allows unlocks, in which case, yea, screw that. If rank is just for competitive play and bragging rights, who cares?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Coulda sworn I'd posted in this thread, I started playing this [360 ver] the other day and so far I'm loving it. I've got it on the hardest setting and it's taking me to town but it's thoroughly enjoyable and the controls work pretty damn well given the kind of game it is.

That being said, a couple of times I've really needed to move someone back without first switching to them and manually dragging them back - but if you set up well (Traps, ambushes, buffs) it's a minor irritation on an otherwise well presented game. I'm a real fan of the voice acting, so far just got up to ... Redcliff? I want to say? And entered the tower where the demons are coming out of at night time to terrorise the village. I got past a demon that was in the coutyard, only to get own by the angry ginger kid in the next room - and I forgot to chuffin' save.

So that's where I'm off now, to go an smack a ginger around for a bit ;)

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next