It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Diablo 3 
Minor Diety

I'll certainly pick it up, loved D1 and D2 though I won't play MP unless it is Co-op with you guys. The Diablo community has always been the worst I've ever seen anywhere. I'm not gonna rush to get it though; since Sacred I've realised Diablo isn't that great a game, it was just the only one of its kind really. Basically I'll get it whenever there is a lapse in good gaming titles; after all we know it will be good quality as it's Blizzard.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216012.ht ... op;title;3

Quote:
There were plenty of story-oriented questions throughout the panel, but of course, this is one of the several things Blizzard is being extremely tight-lipped about. The first of these questions surrounded the possible appearance of character classes, specifically the paladin and the necromancer. For the paladin, Blizzard said that they want to show what has happened with classes from previous games, even going so far as to say that specific characters from those games would appear in Diablo III.

A similar answer was given for the necromancer, whose existence as NPCs was revealed during a demo of Diablo III at the show. And naturally, there was one question about the fate of Tyrael, the archangel who destroys the world stone at the end of Diablo II. Blizzard wouldn't say much about this fan-favorite character, but they did say that those in the High Heavens aren't pleased with his actions.

One of the reason why i want to play D3 is to see the fate of Tyreal. From all the NPC over and through the games i have played, Tyreal has always had special value for me. I don't know why but i can remember his appearance like i saw it yesterday.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:04 am
Minor Diety

Just heard that Diablo isn't going to come out before 2011. Wow. That kind of makes me want to ignore any DIII news from now on until a loooong time. :(

- Coach

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:47 pm
Minor Diety

I must agree with you, Tyreal is by far one of the best characters, I absolutely love him.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just heard that Diablo isn't going to come out before 2011. Wow. That kind of makes me want to ignore any DIII news from now on until a loooong time. :(

2011?! Pretty angry about that. Why the website and everything? Fucking cuntards.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:13 am
Minor Diety

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009 ... mystry.ars

From the horse's mouth. :(

- Coach

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:22 am
Minor Diety

Doesn't really surprise (or bother) me. Lots of games have websites for years before they're out and with Diablo I think they want to hype it up because they know people are desperate for a new one. Starcraft 2 was announced before it which, while I know SC is popular, certainly doesn't have the kinda following Diablo does so it was kinda obvious to me that would be out first, plus of course the ongoing development for WoW. I mean the way they are doing expansions now it looks like there will be another 4 before they're ready to move onto WoW 2 or whatever so a lot of resources are permanently tied up in that.

Just think of it this way, you have an extra year to really appreciate Dragon Age and Divine Divinity 2 ;)

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm
Stranger

Post Re: Diablo 3
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/blizz ... iii/706573

Fifth playable class in D3.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:40 am
Minor Diety

Looks ok...the cinematic was pretty bloodless though (not literally). :)

- Coach

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:32 am
Minor Diety

Time to revive this thread, there's probably a lot of new ingame material out on Diablo III , but this just caught my eye, not sure if i like it: Diablo III will have real money

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 am
Felix Rex

meh, I'm not too worried about that. It happens anyway, might as well happen in an officially sanctioned way instead of on ebay.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Probably, i just couldn't help thinking "oh great they see money and want a piece of that pie as well" (if i read correctly they'll get a cut out of every transaction)

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 am
Minor Diety

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... sh-trades/

Quote:
1) The game requires a constant internet connection. It cannot be played offline.
2) Mods are “expressly prohibited.”
3) Items in the auction house are bought and sold for real-life money.

1) “One of the things that we felt was really important was that if you did play offline, if we allowed for that experience, you’d start a character, you’d get him all the way to level 20 or level 30 or level 40 or what have you, and then at that point you might decide to want to venture onto Battle.net. But you’d have to start a character from scratch, because there’d be no way for us to guarantee no cheats were involved, if we let you play on the client and then take that character online.” Also, piracy.

2) “For a variety of gameplay and security reasons, we will not be supporting bots or mods in Diablo III, and they’ll be expressly prohibited by our terms of use for the game.”

3) “We think it’s really going to add a lot of depth to the game. If I have more money than time I can purchase items, or if I’m leet in the game I can get benefits out of it. The players really want it. This is something that we know people are going to do either way. We can provide them a really safe, awesome, fun experience, or they’ll find ways of doing it elsewhere.” Blizzard will take a small cut, but they’re not expecting to make too much of a profit out of it themselves. They also say there’ll be level caps on items, so you can’t immediately shortcut to a high-level sword with a level-1 character, not matter how rich you are, plus there will also be an additional auction house that uses in-game gold. So this element of the game can, at least, be dodged entirely.

Lots of BS in there, nonsense explanations for no mods and no offline play. :/

- Coach

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, that game is a non-starter for me now.

From the article on how to fuck up a PC port I posted elsewhere
Quote:
Diablo 3 will also require a persistent Internet connection, and Blizzard's Rob Pardo agrees that it's kind of a pain in the butt. "I want to play Diablo 3 on my laptop in a plane, but, well, there are other games to play for times like that," he told 1up.

Just so we're clear, when you're bored on a plane, and you have your laptop, and you want to play the game you bought in order to fight boredom, Blizzard's official recommendation is that you play someone else's game. That's pride, right there.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next