It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Diablo 3 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Diablo 3
Can't be that hard to make a single player game safe to play without someone hacking your stuff. :roll:

Fri May 25, 2012 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Have to ask Torchlight developers that, I guess.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 26, 2012 12:39 am
Minor Diety

I'm one of the people that got hacked - and the first thing that the fan boys online did was try to say that it was clearly my fault, I must have given my password out or been to a gold-farming website etc etc.

Then a little google later, turns out I'm one of the many people that have been hacked. However, I will say this for blizzard - their reply to me was a professional and well written reply, it seemed personal too. At the very least it wasn't just a carpet email linking me to trouble shooting as many people have complained that they have received. They gave me the choice of a roll-back, but there were a couple of quid pro quo's attached to it.

*If I rolled back, I would not be allowed to use the real money auction house unless I had an authenticator on my account. (Which I do now, and as long as you have an iPhone, Andriod or BB you can get fro free, but I don't so had to buy one.)

*You can only roll back twice.

*If you roll back the 2nd time, you lose complete access to the auction house until you contact blizzard with proof if I.D.

I agree, Blizzard seriously need to sort out their security; but it does seem they are taking these breaches seriously and in their stride.

The hack happened very fast too. I was playing single player (always on DRM) and it came up that I was logged in on another computer, and so I had been logged out. Straight away I logged back in (to buy time) and in the mean time opened up the battle.net website to change my password. No sooner had I done this and logged back in (about 60 seconds) my stuff was gone, my character was back at level 1 and there were two unknown names in my recent players list. My game was NOT open to the public at the time.

From what I've read, the hackers are using some kind of force session ID script; so they never even have to look at the log in screen.

I decided against my roll back as I was only level 29, and in two levels from there the stuff I'd be finding would far outweigh that of the stuff I'd lost, so I'm saving my rollbacks for level 60. I've still kept on playing and stand by the fact that if you like Diablo 1 or 2, you will love this game. It's just a shame that they didn't see this coming!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think you made the right decision, since all the stuff you were wearing on that character would be quickly replaced by much better stuff in later acts anyway. So no real reason to roll back the account just yet. Still, this whole limited rollback thing is a seriously crooked BS decision. Sure, if someone asks a rollback every month because they are too stupid to secure their account on their end, but clearly that isn't the case with you. You've paid Blizzard for God's sake, you shouldn't have to be asking them nicely to fix your game for you when they fuck up! To be clear, I'm not telling you you did something wrong and should rage about it more, I know there's nothing else you can but stay calm, but I'm talking the principle here. ;)

I don't think I'll be buying another Blizzard game soon given the shitstorm that has been D3. Too bad, as I'm sure it's a hell of a ride as a game. But I refuse to give those corporate greedmasters my dole money haha. ;) Still haven't bought an Ubi game since UBIDRIMGATE

- Coach

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:52 pm
Minor Diety

Anybody got the new Diablo 3 Expansion?

There have been many changes to the game - 90% of which I am in favour of!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7