It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
EVE Online 
Felix Rex

Post EVE Online
Ok, so I've been playing EVE Online for like a month and a half now. I'm actually enjoying it. It's not a hard-core addiction like Star Wars Galaxies was, but I find it enjoyable.

I'm a Caldari named Satis Cabalian and I fly around and PVE. My main ship is a Raven battleship. I also have a Drake battlecruiser. One of the advantages of EVE is that there's only one universe... so 26,000+ people can be online in one place at a time. Though if they're all int eh same system you're likely to crash the node.

So anyway, if you decide to start playing let me know. I can make decent cash pretty fast and get you out of those crappy newbie ships. Skills are important, but money is nice. :)

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.eveonline.com/pressreleases/ ... leaseID=60

This is quite interesting indeed, Eve Online mixed with console owners who fight on the planets, gives a whole new meaning to tactics.

EDIT:
http://www.golem.de/0908/69136.html

Check out the vid on this page, text is in german though.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:23 am
Felix Rex

oh, that's pretty cool. I haven't played EVE in a really long time... but I may go back at some point. Especially when they integrate planets and such.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Every time I hear Eve stories I'm fascinated by the game (the politics, the economy, the system that minimizes grinding, the one universe, etc), but never enough to sink time and cash into it. :(

- Coach

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 am
Felix Rex

it's very slow and very demanding. Getting killed has HUGE consequences (bye bye space ship and implants). Too grindy for me... I don't have the $$$ to hang out in low-sec/no-sec and PvP, so it's all doing missions to make cash to buy better ships/equipment so you can do more missions so you can make more cash.... etc

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

A more casual planet warfare might bring in a fresh influx of people that do not have the time or the will to spend so many hours at a game but at the same time it would increase the overall appeal of the game so if this idea is implemented well, the game could witness a massive influx of money.

Hell even i would be willing to give it a go, i mean doing battle in a city, reaching the top of a tall metropolitan building and looking up where other people do battle with starships, how cool is that.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 am
Felix Rex

yea, that'd be cool. I'd even be tempted to jump in a cheap, disposable frigate and fly around to help out ground people. That'd be damned neat.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Don't you guys see the awesome implication of this (otherwise cool) idea? Console players duking it out on the ground like the lowly grunts they are, while us PC gamers are floating above them in SPACE in our MASSIVE FLAGSHIPS looking down on them - and hopefull bombing them - like the veritable GODS that we are? :P :roll:

Hehehe. I hope Satis names his frigate the HMS Griefer and picks up a batallion of ground soldiers, then crashes them all into the nearest mountain while ejecting right before impact. :lol: Or better yet, crash them into the heart of the defensive line.

- Coach

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:02 am
Stranger

*250km to contact zone
Captain Satis: Ok this is a safe place to drop the troops
2nd in command: What are you talking about we are so far out of the combat zone and theres only a lava pit below us.
Captain Satis: Oops i already opened the cargobay, oh well. Time to return to base.*

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:42 am
King

The most dangerous place, I hear, isnt in 0.0 but like .4/.5.

I've played and enjoy also. Probably going to start playing it again.

EDIT:
EVE is a RPG?

Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

Sure, I'd classify it as an RPG. Since you have skills and develop your character over time. The skills you have are probably more important than your equipment... someone in an interceptor with highly-developed skills could own a noob in a battleship.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut ... mments_top

Here's a High def video of the Dust 514 which is the Eve FPS. You've seen it already but in case you want to share it with someone.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]