It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Two Worlds 
Minor Diety

Post Two Worlds
Odd, I didn't see a topic on this, though I'm sure I remember discussing it - I've searched too!

Anyway, I got this on Saturday despite the bad reviews due to the sheer amount of people saying "all these bad reviews are bullshit!" hehe

http://www.2-worlds.com/

I'm so certain we had a discussion about this on here... anyway, I got it and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's been referenced as 'oblivion on steroids' which the single play is sort of, but the best way I can word it is this (taken from another dude on Xbox 360 forums)

"If oblivion is what got you in to RPG games, then this isn't for you, but if you are a genuine RPG fan give it a shot"

The biggest element for me is the multiplayer, which is available on both 360 and PC, though I was certain it was supposed to be cross-platform compatible. Turns out it's not (At least not right now).

You basically choose a large area of the map to play in, there is one easy map, two medium ones and about ten hard ones, where you and up to 8 mates on 360, or 16 on PC, go in and RPG it up some. However, the maps are pretty much just skirmish maps, there's no story at all. Quests are bog standard 'go here kill this' and 'go here find this bring it back'. But it's very satisfying to be playing together, trading magic cards/armour to boost your stats. I've gone pure willpower on my Char, which means that most creatures can kill me in a single hit, but I can whore me up a chaining spell (chains them to the spot) then a buff spell to increase the power of my next shot, then a lightning bolt and repeat! Fantastic because you can PVP!

You've got varying weapon masters of course, sword dancers (fast) warriors (duh) etc, and about 4 good magic courses and ofcourse necromancy.

You have:

Air Mage, Lightning and Buffs
Fire Mage, Fire and *shrugs*
Water Mage, Cold and Summons
Earth Mage, Hard to describe from memory, have spells like chain enemy to spot etc
And necromancy - raising the dead and poisons.

To level up your spells/weaps you have a few of options.

Increase associated Stat (willpower, strength, agility, vitality)
Raise the associated skills (like your experience in the Air magic circles)
Buffing: Find a 'gem' to boost it's stats permanently
Doubling up: Find a duplicate of the weapon and combine them together to level it up one, similar to the result of say "Sword of Fly Swatting +1", but it's becomes class 2, class 3 and so on.

Oh, and spells can be doubled up too.

There's alchemy too, which is self explanatory as far as RPG's go and of course mounts! Mounted combat is fun despite the terrible animation.

Xbox 360 versus PC

Xbox 360
Less glitches and bugs
No install ;)
Fighting mechanics work very well with controller

PC
Much better graphics
Easier to use interface (though not hard on either)
More people in multiplayer

I've encountered a crash on my 360 one, but the complaints for the PC one are scary :(.

It really fucks me off that the graphics are better on the PC, because the graphics in this are worse than oblivion in both versions, and the 360 runs oblivion just fine.

I haven't looked at the PC's graphical options in fairness, because one problem online is the fact that despite my previous comment, this game still is graphically intense which doesn't help with the lag factor - you don't want choppy frame rate when trying to eradicate lag.

In fact, the only time I've lagged was playing with a dude who had a 1mb connection, compared to my 16mb down and 1.24mb up. When I played with my friends who have 4meg connections (four of us) it was fine (I was host)

I definitely recommend this game.

A lot of people call it 'the poor mans oblivion' which is fair enough, but I think it's more like 'the better graphics mans morrowind without the same freedom' because of the unlimited buffs :D There are even fairly easy to make potions which permanently increase your stats.

Hehe, awesome.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
looks interesting...might have to read up on this a bit more

Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:39 am
Felix Rex

did you get the pc or xbox version? I'm guessing xbox. If I'm wrong, drop some screenies if you can. :)

Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Xbox :) PC version apparent *unreliable source can't be bothered to check it out* has a proper co-op mode, rather than the 360's skirmish type mode.

I'll get Pev to dump some screenies, though there's a stack on the two worlds website.

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

heh...that would require me to not be lazy. :p

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mr Satis, I will play Two Worlds tonight just to get you some screenies. Certainly not coz its fun. Na uh. #cough#

Here, have one while you're waiting. And I'll include a copy of my review I did on the sacred forum.

Quote:
Good points:

Different char builds: You can be a warrior, thief, ranger, paladin, mage, necromancer... you name it. Basically you choose close combat, bow or magic and then you can of course use different weapons (daggers, swords, halberds, axes etc) and within the magic schools you can choose air, fire, water, earth or necromancy. And of course mix and match. You get 5 attribute points to put into Str, Dex, Vit and Will each level up, plus 1 skill point which go towards the weapons/magics of your choice, along with what seem to be random skill points throughout levels. You can also buy skills.

Magic System: You buy or find "cards" which are stored in your spell book. You can have 3 "cards" equipped at once (e.g. I'm going a holy warrior type thing so I've chosen Air magic and have Heal, Blessing (increase Str + Dex) and Lightning Strike equipped). You can also equip up to 3 'boosters' on each spell which will passively affect your spells (less mana cost, more damage etc)

Graphics: Very pretty game and you can see its heavily influenced by Oblivion. Not quite as nice, despite needing more graphical power, but certainly not terrible!

Fights: Challenging but not impossible, and each one is different. I'm playing on Medium, the 'same' enemy can come in different toughnesses not immediately obvious to you. You can't (at least at the start) just rush in and expect to win. Enemies work together. Bandits try to keep you off their archers. Wolves run in packs, not alone. Sometimes enemies will fight each other! And dragging them to a town can easily wipe out either the enemies or the villagers!

Quests: The usual kind of thing, but you can choose to do good/evil ones. I came across one, for example, where a guy asks you to retrieve a rope thats recently been used for a hanging. Rather gruesome chap with demonic statues around his house. You can of course go the good way and tell him no, or you can be the evil/money hungry guy who does all quests. You can also attack everyone, should you desire it, and dish out righteous justice to this freak! ... or get your butt handed to you.

Mounts: What? *grins* You can fight from horseback and if you invest in the skill, can do extra damage. I do an extra 30% at the moment, and the faster you're moving, the better. Magic and bows require you to stand still on the mount. Or you can use swords. You're harder to hit on a horse, and after you develop your strategy, which takes some getting used to, it becomes an easy way to win a fight. You can also use your mounts as extra storage, and you can own more than one. I currently have 3 horses; one as a quest reward, the other two were rescued from bandits that demanded gold from me to pass ;) So you can leave them dotted around the world if you desire, loaded with supplies so you dont have to pop back to town everytime.

Alchemy: Wolves keep attacking? Like to pick up flowers? Combine the two! You can make some awesome potions, traps and even weapon modifiers through alchemy. And best of all, you can save and name your favourite recipes. I managed to make one that gives +Str and +Dex for 2.42 mins which I chose to name "Minor Paladin Juice". Now whenever I have enough of the ingredients, it will show up bolded in my alchemy list and I can click the name to make it instead of drag the ingredients to the window and combine it all manually.

AI: This is the ultimate cool thing in this game so far. As I mentioned the enemies are pretty smart. Melee guys will try to stop you getting near their archers. Archers will actually run away from you, and keep running, rather than stop to try and get a shot off then get clobbered by you ;) But the thing that really got me is the mounts. I knew each type of mount behaved differently, but even within the same types they do. As mentioned, I have 3 horses. The first one is just a regular horse. He will shy away from some things, like me trying to gallop him down a cliff, and he won't jump a fence unless he's cantering (yeah horses actually don't always do exactly what you say, just like real life!). The second one is again pretty much the same. The third one... I didn't like him at first. The others are pretty content to walk in circles around my enemies as I chop at them. This horse kept randomly breaking into a canter to try to get away from them! However, once I got used to this, I found this meant he would continue to canter towards them, whereas the others tended to slow down. And this meant I can do more damage from his back. Hooray!

Bad points:

Animations: Some of them are kinda cool... but oh my god. Whoever animated the horse needs shooting. No, they need tying down in front of a stampeding herd, so their last thoughts can be "oh, so THAT'S how a horses legs move..." It is a DISASTER. The trotting isn't too bad, to be fair, but the rest of it... *cringe* Ascaron, show them how it's done.

Language: Now, I have nothing against them for this coz it's actually kinda funny, but good god people, hire a translater that is actually GOOD! ;) It's not too bad, its just kinda amusing. It's very... stiff upper lip type english. Such as "I do not have sufficient time" rather than saying "I don't have time to waste", and the occasional small mistakes. Which leads to...

Voice Acting: Terrible. But funny for the badness.

Character Creation: Builds may be fun, creation is not. Very limited selections that all end up looking pretty much the same. I've only tried singleplayer though so far; in MP you can apparently choose gender so *hopefully* I'll have a bit more choice.

Overall... a surprisingly awesome game. Minor niggles and annoyances, plus funny stuff (like my guy saying randomly "Ugh... here comes the rain" after it had been chucking it down and lightning for about ten minutes...) but I changed my mind. Definately give this a go... but be careful of the requirements, its' quite painful! Recommended: GeForce 7 series with a 3ghz cpu! Though any true gamer should be able to meet that ;) Minimum are GeForce 6 and 2ghz cpu so that's not too bad.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll give you that Horse AI is good, but regular enemy AI is off :(

"Run away" or "Kill" or

"Use Dirty Trick repeatedly, even though it doesn't work against oponent with sheild and the guy I'm kill has a sheild"

Though you can't underestimate the use of an Archer on your side - the damage is insane and they do run as you say *pats skeleton archer*

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Well just seen some screen shots on the game website, i think I'm sold on this game, its a matter of when to get it...stupid lack of money.. :?

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:33 am
Minor Diety

Well, I've played for about 11 hours now.

The game seems to be really opening up. Despite the bad voice acting, I'm really getting in to this. Just wanted to stay at home today to play it rather than bloomin work :(

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

18 hours here... got a ton of screenies just gotta edit them to the right formats, so i'm being lazy atm :P

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

So Two Worlds officially arrived in Estonia. :D

I think this game is must have even only for the packaging. Seriously high quality stuff. Look&Learn for other devs.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:35 pm
Minor Diety

I've put of playing this for a while - they're releasing a major patch 'when it's ready' (Though, rumour has it the patch has passed MS certifcation for 360) which will make it much more injoyable in my opinion. I'll copy paste the fixes below - the only thing that's pissing me off is, how many more dev's are gonna settle with releasing broken games? Meh.

Anyway, patch details as below:

Fixed on both platforms (PC and XBOX)

* MP Lag issues have been improved
* Horse steering improved
* Walking under water and not dying -fixed
* Inaccessible Cave north of Ashos has been fixed
* Friendly fire disabled in RPG mode (players cannot damage each other)
* Resurrect spell on players has been disabled
* Experience points for killing players removed
* Disarming skill disabled against other players
* Freezing/stopping spells disabled against other players
* MP too much skillpoints generated due to combat stats - fixed
* Character developing curve not as steep over level 25.
* MP RPG quests given to all, reward splitter between players
* HP regeneration slower for max values above 2000
* Death strike skill - executable by strike button while in sneak mode.
* Critical hit skill fixed (faster animations added)
* Allowed damage over 32000
* Cap on damage and armor on 99999
* Necromancer spells balanced
* Magical boosters - effect restricted to 5 boosters.
* Stacking potions with different statistics - fixed
* Stacking objects which produce too high requirements has been blocked
* Objects stacking - objects can't be stacked up if result has higher level requirements than current player level.
* Equipment Class cap on 50
* When killing in towns - after you leave the town and go back guards will ask you for paying instead if immediately attack you.
* NPCs in towns don't resurrect - guardians exploit removed.
* Tweaked hi- level monsters balance
* Team assault - main monuments 50 times stronger
* Barbarian - berserk skill in PvP reduced to 5.
* Wing Membrane ingredient added to Helllord
* Dragons strike not breakable by player hit.
* Chest and wardrobe lock levels improved in multiplayer.
* Bomb traps attached to some chests and wardrobes.
* Balanced number of lock picks in chests and wardrobes.

PC specific fix list:

* Money moved between servers - fixed
* Boosters disappearing in Arena modes
* Maps D2,E4,F4, MP Tharbakin - missing triangles or flying objects -fixed.
* Atmospheric fog for MP towns added.
* Enter opens console in SP
* Horse steering - stopping horse by back key changed
* cloning character when logging on new WarNet server - fixed
* chat over open dialogs possible (by F11 chat dialog)
* All PVP arenas unlocked from begin

Xbox specific fixes:

* improved single player framerate
* Interface - repeat changes selection on hold left stick added
* Interface - no controls after "server refused connection" - fixed
* Game HDD cache cleaning possibility - RB + A + B during game launch
* Doubling gold in MP - fixed
* doubling objects in MP - fixed
* achievements for 5 elements - fixed
* map interface some improvements - only one open quest at the time, quests selection box better visible, hero location on map better visible, quest name on tooltip.
* “BACK – Show Instructionâ€

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Hmm 1,2GB patch v1.5, but thats pre-release so it cant be the one you are talking about.

Quote:
kamakazipimp:

haha damn bigest patch i ever seen... wut they redo 1/5 of the game lol

hmm.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]