It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sacred 2 
Stranger

Post Sacred 2
Release should be around Q1 2008

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sacre ... ks;title;2

Looks nice already, I just hope they stray away from Diablo and Titan quest series. As i recall seeing on some forum, choosin skills is not RPG :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:31 am
Minor Diety

It should play very much like Sacred. Which is fine by me. Oh and I'm a mod when they open the official forum for it ;) 6 different characters (well the Seraphim is still in it) and this time with good and evil in it (Sera must be good, Shadow Warrior must be evil, others can choose). New mounts, not just horses (and the mounts should be of more use too) plus a mix between Sacreds existing combat arts-style and Diablos skill trees.

Hoping to get a spot in the beta whenever that starts up, managed to for the expansion so *fingers crossed*

Check the first post here
http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/ ... hp?t=40766
for all sorts of links to info about it.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I understand what you mean, im just hoping a little more depth :D Its already on my "give it a try" list.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 am
Minor Diety

Not only is she a Mod but she got to Beta Test the sacred expansions etc etc! Damn her! She got a call from some german at some stupid hour offering her a free copy of the game to test!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

...actually right now someone in my guild is tempting me to research into flying to germany. There's a games convention on the 23rd of this month and IF i could fly there and back in one day, I can actually play S2 multiplayer... if its cheap... i might just have to book that day as my day off that week... *so so tempted*

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll have my eye on this one for sure. Still working my way through the first. :P

~King of Thieves~

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:04 am
Minor Diety

bleh well I checked and its £750 for a return flight on the one day! So I won't be going. *sulk*

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It costs £200 for Corfu for 2 weeks.

Something not right there! Maybe look at Ryan Air or one of the other budget airlines? You can get flights for £10 sometimes with them. Not sure about returns though.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I WAS looking at budget airlines. It's coz 1. its mid-season and 2. you have to hit a 'minimum fare' type thing to start getting it cheap anyway. Plus Birmingham to Leipzig means changing at either Frankfurt or Hanover so thats two flights. The cheapest one-way that I found was Manchester to Leipzig, which was 'only' £200

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Gamespot @ Leipzig

The game is looking better and better. Its funny, there has been a sudden increase of quality importance among the developers. Lots of new titles and sequels are going for some impressive results.

Good for us, ofcourse!

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:39 am
Minor Diety

Couple of new trailers, will find the links for you in a bit

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Quote:
Dear friends and fans of SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel

We would have preferred to announce the delay to the release date at an earlier stage, but there are many reasons why we could only inform you of it now.

A longer development process requires maximum performance in all areas, and a large number of people are involved in that process. In a crucial decision making phase it is impossible to communicate important news directly – we hope you understand.

An extension of the development process was necessary in order to ensure that we realize all the development plans and ship both PC and Xbox 360 versions with the best possible quality and stability.

A game as complex as SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel, with its many technical innovations, requires extensive testing and balancing in all areas. In certain areas of development we often had to make our way into uncharted territory when it came to implementing the new technologies which are required to make SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel the game that we set out to make. This inevitably led to situations where satisfactory realization of a vision took a bit longer than originally planned.

So, what to do? Scrap features? No, definitely not!

Patch with a patch as only a patch can patch? No, that's also out of the question!

The most important thing, after all, is the game. Fortunately for everyone, we are in the enviable position where all involved parties (share holders, banks and distributors) agreed to our plans for continuing to develop SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel according to our vision and create the best action RPG possible.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks to our partners for their support and belief in both Ascaron and in SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel.

We'd like to ask our fans and friends for their understanding, and we hope that any potential disappointment is outweighed by looking forward to a superb SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel release in September 2008. Indeed, it is quite likely that many of you will have a chance to beta test the game.
Shortly before the release we'd like to make a demo available to the public and, who knows, maybe we will have a surprise ready for the Games Convention 2008… Watch this space.

You can rest assured that the Ascaron team is pulling out all the stops to deliver a SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel game that not only meets the high expectations, but blows those expectations clean out of the water!
Season's greetings and a happy New Year to one and all

The Ascaron Team

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

That's the longest "we've delayed the game" post I think I've ever seen.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:30 pm
Minor Diety

rofl devs can't do right can they? ;) hehe, its one of the reasons I love Ascaron, they just communicate the way they would if they're down the pub having a laugh with their mates. Kinda makes it hard to take 'em seriously on some stuff though... such as the financial backing actually agreeing to let it take longer to develop! That's gotta be a first in gaming history!

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next