It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sacred 2 
Felix Rex

hehe, seriously. Within my own company you can't get the money people (the executives) to say it's ok to develop for longer. Which is why features get cut and buggy products get released, but hey, that's nothing new to people that use modern software, right?

On that subject. Tabula Rasa is probably one of the least buggy MMOs I've played. With the exception of Guild Wars. I'm thinking Guild Wars was written by robots it was so bug-free on release.

Not to say TR is bug-free, it's not. But it's pretty damned stable for an MMO. Compared to Vanguard it's awesome.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah I'm always amazed by GW to be honest. Ok, its not strictly a 'real' MMO, which helps, but that said it uses a lot of new technology (well it was at the time), so its pretty impressive. However the timeline I remember for GW2 would suggest how come its so bugfree; I think they were forecasting betatesting in 2008 and not releasing til either 2009 or 2010. And I'm sure that GW had at least 6 months of open betatesting prior to release as well.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Gamespot Handson: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sacre ... id=6192175

Someone please tell me this isn't mini-World of Warcraft.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 pm
Felix Rex

To be honest, Sacred 2 doesn't do much for me. I'm even less excited about it after seeing that article.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Peltz take back that comment right now, how dare you compare Sacred to WoW :P It will be nothing like WoW, the only thing mentioned is the fact that you can technically drop in and out of multiplayer with friends (theoretically you're always online, but you can just play offline of course)

If you like Diablo 2, or other similar action rpgs (Fable, Fate etc) then you'll love this game, it's a weird mix (at least the first one was), it's somewhere in between an action rpg and a normal rpg; not in-depth enough for a true rpg but too in-depth to just be an action rpg.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I liked the first one, too bad that MP was already dying a bit when i discovered the game. Still had a lot of fun in hardcore mode though.

Maybe this will run better on my pc than conan. :D

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:51 am
Minor Diety

yeah lol J you discovered it too late, back in the first couple of years it was usually at least half full servers, if not full. Apparently before I started the MP you actually had to queue for a server too!

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just played Sacred again. I might try some new classes, haven't really levelled anything but gladiator. Will probably get bored soon because i don't want to figure out how the other classes work :P

ps: sacred 2 doesn't seem to have gladiators, a pity

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:46 am
Minor Diety

caps lock was still on :P

Just played with my gladiator again, on platinum (hardcore of course), forgot how badass these nuk-nuks are. Nearly died a couple of times. Didn't take on any dragons. My armor seems to suck, i might need an upgrade, but since i'm wearing a full set, that's not going to be easy.

Not much traffic on the servers :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 am
Minor Diety

yeah all the Sacred community have all but stopped playing now, we're waiting on S2. The nearest thing to a Glad in S2 will be the Shadow Warrior I think, but no, there isn't really a proper Glad in it.

Oh and J don't worry too much that your'e wearing the full set, just upgrade bits anyway if you find individual items that are better, I personally still mainly use sets 'just because' but most people don't because with socketing you can make normal items exceed the set bonuses.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/video/933200/61 ... n-trailer-

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:00 pm
Minor Diety

Beta NDA was lifted for official Sacred moderators... if you guys have any questions, fire away, as I've been testing it since June ;)

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Are you excited or just happy with how the game turned out? I suppose you're not disappointed.

Many differences with sacred (apart from classes)?

~King of Thieves~

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:55 am
Minor Diety

Yes horses, which work similarly to S1 but depending on the type of horse you buy, they can have 0, 1, 2 or 3 special combat arts you can use while mounted on them. You cannot use your own combat arts on them. However, you CAN do a quest to get a class-specific mount, and from those you can use all your normal combat arts.

Very excited and happy with how it turned out! Other than the fact I can't run it on max graphics *cry* there are the odd things that I'm perhaps not 100% happy with but they are few and far between, and pretty minor. Overall it is a great continuation of the series.

Differences... well not a huge amount. The world is far bigger, the classes are different (yet similar - High Elf has some of the Battle Mages old spells, plus some new and different ones), the extra mounts that I mentioned above. You can play 'Light' or 'Dark' campaign now as well, though Seraphim has to be Light and Inquisitor has to be Dark. There are also class-specific quest lines with intriguing back stories (I've been concentrating on Shadow Warrior for my testing assignments and it's a nice little backstory), plus it is now drop in/drop out co-op so you can play singleplayer halfway through then invite a friend to join in your game.

Oh and combat arts are very similar to before (the whole mechanism of getting a rune to drop, then 'reading' it to level it up) but with the addition of 3 modifiers for each CA when you hit certain levels, allowing you to customise and empower your own CAs. For example my High Elf can have a combat art Cobalt Strike which is basically one bolt of lightning. One of the first modifiers she can choose is either to have an 80% chance of it splitting and hitting another enemy, or to do more damage (I think... always go for the split)

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

S2 is scheduled for release on oct 3rd according to gamespot, any truth behind this?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next