It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Sacred 2 
Minor Diety

I'm still playing beta versions, I'm working on patches.

The finished version... well it's pretty much like the demo. Got a few issues (seems not to like onboard sound on ASUS mobos, or the elite graphics pack you get with the CE) but other than that the game is generally pretty stable. The odd bug here and there (which we're of course trying to get rid of in the beta) but no massively game-breaking bugs.

Jumped straight into Closed again, Hardcore naturally, so just one life per char. Can do campaign (automatically join with others on the same 'side' as you, good or evil and even if you're the other side of the world, get free exp/gold if someone completes a quest ;)), free (basically go where the heck you like, doing whatever quests you like, or just killing) or pvp (... says it all really).

You really should give the demo a whirl

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I might :) Once the new pc arrives, that is. Maybe while I'm waiting for FC2 to come out, after which i will just spend days pushing the game to its technical limits. ;)

On the whole I'm not the biggest hack and slash fan though...

- Coach

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:33 am
Minor Diety

The demo doesn't support Multiplayer though.

That's one of the things i got to like most about Sacred: hardcore mode. No reloads, no second chances. If you die that's it, you need to start over. In BG i tended to reload too often, i always wanted the perfect fight.
But now when you suddenly see your health meter turn red, you just HAVE to bash your spacebar or you'll lose your character. So you always have to be on guard.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 am
Minor Diety

hehe yep HC is great. I don't know if it is in the demo but you can play HC in singleplayer as well... Ox I'm not a huge HnS fan either; it's good for after a crap day at work ("raaaaaaaaaaaaaar die evil customers who look like an army of orcs!") but Sacred is kinda... I dunno. It's in between HnS and a 'true' rpg.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok :) I'll try it some time then (when I get my pc *shakes fist at long assembly time* that is). But you know what they say, everyone thinks the best about their 'children' so...J, is Pev right about the Hack n' Slash - RPG balance? ;)

The HC mode sounds like Diablo, tbh. Not that that is a bad thing. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:06 am
Minor Diety

I dunno, it's more hack and slash than rpg that's for sure. Not a big HnS fan myself, but i did like sacred (only started too late with it for MP). Can't say exactly why though.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:57 am
Minor Diety

Only reason I say it's more than Hack n Slash is coz generally HnS is pretty much "yay I levelled"... *do nothing* whereas Sacred is "yay I levelled"... *wonder where to put your skill points, do I take this skill or that skill*. Where it lacks 'rpg' is any moral decisions in quests etc (you choose at the start of S2 to follow the 'light' or 'dark' campaign and then, well... that's it, slighlty different main quest)

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll try the game, but I'll first have to wade through the horde of christmas monster releases. ;) Even after the holiday season things are gonna be busy on the gaming front with Dragon Age and StarCraft II!

- Coach

Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:19 am
Minor Diety

Yep, the first one was (stupidly, tbh) marketed as 'like Diablo 2'. Which meant you got all the morons going "omg it's not got *enter 3 billion things from D2 here*"

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4