It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Witcher 
Felix Rex

I actually bought this game too. :p Haven't had alot of time to play it yet... it's definitely more of an RPG than I originally thought it would be. The leveling is also confusing as hell. However, it seems pretty promising. It's definitely pretty. I'll probably have more to say about it once I get more time to play it.

...btw, I already bumped uglies with one of the chicks in-game. Apparently that's something you can do quite a bit of.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just bought this; collectors edition went down to £20 and I get 25% discount so for £15 I can't complain. Not played it a huge amount yet (since I'm on BG atm) but the 3 or 4 hours yesterday were good fun. I love the fact there's finally an 18 rated game that actually feels 18 (in the inn I was just told "your mother sucks dwarf cock"). Though Satis, your american version is apparently horribly censored. One such example I read was original: "I love to feel a hard throbbing cock within the velvety folds of my womanhood" which in the US version translates to: "I love Richard"... lil bit of a difference ;)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Is it good then? I've still got it sitting on my desk with bioshock, haven't got around to playing either :roll:

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 pm
Minor Diety

Yep I love it so far. Combat feels a little clunky but right now I don't have many spells to use with it. Reminds me a lot of fable but with less "heres the path through the map, don't step off it"

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Has anyone else encountered sound problems? Mostly in the swamp i get very choppy dialogs and sounds. Also some framerate issues which i havent encountered before.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:23 pm
Minor Diety

I haven't encountered those... but then I haven't playeds ince I last posted :P hehe

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

no, I haven't had any issues like that. I get occasional crashes but that's about it. They just released a new patch too, but it says it will probably kill your saves so I didn't install it.

I take it you're in Vizima, temple quarter?

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yep, popping back and forth between the swamp. Heh i managed to get the loggers killed somehow, now the dorf is really pissed at me. Oh well, i guess they shouldve been more patient.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:01 am
Felix Rex

haha. The temple quarter part of the game is the longest section. Like probably a bit too long. At least if you do all the side quests. I think I'm in the final section of the game. Or second to final, something. The swamp is pretty fun.

By the way, if you kill some wolves in there, keep a wolf pelt on you if you want to bag the green chick. :P

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Too late with the green chick, i got her once but then i went back to older save (because the Archinops or the purple big plant ate me) and this time i didnt have the pelt when i talked to her and i completed the quest so the option was denied for me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I made the mistake of killing all the wolves and selling the pelts or something so she's one of the few chicks I missed. Oh well.

I'm really digging the game, though. I'm thinking about replaying it (without all the side quests) and choosing a different side in the "struggle". You're probably just starting to see the beginning of that so I won't spoil it for you.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I completed the game. With the skills I'd chosen, the end was actually pretty easy. I had a much harder time killing the werewolf boss at the beginning then the end fights.

I think I'm going to wait until the mega-patch comes out before I replay it. That'll give me some time to forget the game so I don't get totally bored. I want to try out one of the other two paths (main quest) and a different romance.

Anyway, in the end I think it was a great game. The end is a bit... odd. I have no clue wtf that was about or who the person was supposed to be (no spoilers).

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

The enhanced edition of The Witcher is now out. Basically they've added new content, improved graphics, voice actings, and a ton of other stuff.

Quote:
The enhancements introduced in this version include more than 5000 lines of re-written and re-recorded dialogue, more than 200 new dialogue animations, a new character differentiation system for NPCs, an enhanced inventory with improved alchemy, reduced loading times, improved combat responsiveness and much more.

If you own the original (like me) the enhanced edition is a free download.

http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/0,93888,5675006.html

Otherwise, the new version of the game should be in stores. If you never played it and like a good RPG, I recommend you check it out.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Awesome-o! I was waiting for this to appear...seeing those Witcher copies in the store for 15 euros made almost made me want to buy them.

So the enhanced version will be my first Witcher experience. ;) One of the few perks of being pc-less for so long, I suppose. :P A problem I plan to solve in the coming month, btw. Prolly gonna go Intel CPU for the first time, but still with Ati for gfx card (they overcame Nvidia for the first time in a loooong time in price/quality with the HD4870).

- Coach

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:38 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah i'm gonna download this at some point. You know. When I actually have time to game for fun instead of bugs. hehe.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next