It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Mass Effect (Xbox360) 
Felix Rex

Too bad I can't load my ME savegame from the XBox on my PC. :( No way I'll get ME2 for the 360 ... the controls were frustrating enough.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Maybe it's about time to start a new game of ME on the PC in the summer? I mean, it's been long enough since you first played it to get into the game again and there's bound to be nothing but shit out in the summer anyway. ;)

- Coach

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 am
Felix Rex

meh, maybe if I can find it really cheap. :roll: To be honest a lot of the game was kinda boring filler. The main missions was cool, but I explored the hell out of the universe on my 360 and that was practically just cookie-cutter.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212353.ht ... op;title;6

Apparently there will be a DLC to bring about the sequel.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:16 am
Minor Diety

Could be a good way to lure Satis back in. :P Satis, you can get ME for 20 bucks at most online places these days. Check the EA online store, or play.com.

Just saw that Steam is offering Evil Genius for 10€ btw...had a lot of fun with that game back when it first came out. But it required so, so so much micromanagement that it got very old after a while. :(

- Coach

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:28 am
Felix Rex

I like the dungeon keeper type games (of which that evil genius reminded me), but I dunno, micromangement annoys me. I'd rather just set stuff up and watch as people get pwnt. But then that would get boring, so maybe I just can't really be pleased.

BTW, overlord 2 is out or coming out or something. That reminds me of dungeon keep also.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I just read a preview of ME2 in my gaming magazine and I'm really stoked. It's gonna be the Empire Strikes Back of RPG gaming. :P Mark my words.

- Coach

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 am
Minor Diety

http://www.pcworld.com/article/168953/b ... ect_2.html

Hundreds of variables imported from ME1 savegames into ME2

Quote:
GO: How significant are the variables being indexed in the save games, and how threaded throughout the Mass Effect 2 experience are they?

CH: It's completely different from anything you've played before, because it's literally, potentially threaded into everything that happens. When you're playing the first game, everything that you do is setting a variable so that as the story progresses we know that you did a certain thing on a certain planet, and then internal to the game, we can reference those things. Your Mass Effect save game contains all of that information.

When you import it into Mass Effect 2, now we can continue mining all that information. And it's not just what your ending was, or a couple of the big choices, you know, where we could have stuck a conversation at the beginning and asked you what you did and moved on. This is literally hundreds of things.

- Coach

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:24 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc09- ... fect/54345

Looks like party member for Ox. hell this one was probably modelled after Ox.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 pm
Minor Diety

Holy fuck that's awesome. :o With me, Wrex and this guy combined we're gonna be an unstoppable wrecking crew!

And he does play like I play in just about every RPG or shooter. That whole "raaaaagh dieeeeee" running & gunning (more like spraying) headbutt thing was so totally me. Great find Peltz. :twisted:

- Coach

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:43 pm
Minor Diety

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#12981

Quote:
Test the limits of your combat prowess aboard a remote, top-secret Alliance space station. Do you have what it takes to hold the top spot among the best of the best? This module includes a new land-able space station, 13 exciting combat scenarios, and approximately 2-3 hours of game play.

Required: you must achieve Spectre status before embarking on this mission.

Compete in a series of high-stakes battle simulations to earn amazing weapons and armor that can be used in the main game. Unlock new achievements, and even win ownership of a dedicated base of operations for Commander Shepard. Challenge modes include Survival, Time Attack, Hunt and Capture and even a scenario modeled after the First Contact War.

Features:

• Visit the military training center at Pinnacle Station and engage in a series of combat simulations.
• Players of any level can hone their Mass Effect combat skills, shooting your way to the top in 12 unique combat scenarios.
• Make a bet with the station Admiral in a final 13th mission. The stakes are high, Shepard risks his life and the life of his crew to prove that he is the best of the best.
• Farm your main game achievements in an easy to access combat simulator.
• Player can take their prizes and play with them in the main game. Making your next playthrough easier.
• Combat is more dynamic and fast-paced.
• Combat simulator feels like a holo-deck of sorts, environments and enemies look simulated.
• Encounter Vadinos (Turian) and win his weapon.

Farming is now a feature? Wow. *shakes head*

Also, it costs 5 bucks and can only be purchased in the EA store, which means I won't be getting it, no matter how cool a secondary "homebase" outside the Normandy would be.

What's the point of this DLC anyway? ME2 is only months away. Why would they release it now? Paid?!

Worst. Marketing. Ever.

- Coach

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 am
Stranger

Yea looks like a rushed flop on bioware part. Pity, i hope this doesn't reflect on things to come. At times i feel like Bioware is crumbling under its own load. I mean DA, ME2, SW and one announced project, i mean isn't that a bit too much. Add to that the very close releases of DA and ME2 where they need to do a post release quick fixes and you got a perfect recepy for a disaster.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:31 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216758.ht ... tory;title

Interview with Captain Anderson.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:28 am
Minor Diety

Hah! I decommissioned that softcock at the end of ME, having Udina take the seat on the council instead. :roll: I didn't understand why he kept risking his life and career for me when I always treated him like crap. Picking Udina over him was almost hard tho, because there is virtually NO reason why anyone would ever do so. Personally, i found the Anderson/Udina choice pretty lousy design. Only an insanse person (like Jean-Luc Shipard) would stick with Udina after the ways in which he keeps screwing you over.

- Coach

Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 am
Minor Diety

yeah bitches I finally got around to starting this fucker up. Had it on the shelf for ages and touched it gentley to start with ;)

What I mean is, I finally got out of the citadel and explored my first rock!

Now I'm starting to understand the games control system I'm really getting in to it, though it's save system leaves something to be desired. It has a tendency to autosave when it thinks about it, but then if you don't hit a load screen somewhere it just doesn't autosave at all.

Now, I don't mind games that don't auto save. I loved the first splinter cell, and in that one you had to do entire sections of the game just to hit a check point, but if it's going to have an autosave system, it needs to have a decent way of doing it. I mean, Dead Space had the same "If you go through a door and die you'll start back at that door" but that worked, because you were constantly in a ship and constantly going through doors. In Mass Effect though, I just spent a good 20 minutes driving about on some planet, only to discover my final location that I was looking for upon which I get ambushed by some defense droids. Needles to say, when I died I ended up 20 minutes back in to my save.

Grr.

That being said, the control system it's self isn't that bad once you got used to it. There do seem to be some inconsistencies but at pressing L enough times fixes that. I also got the DLC but obviously as I've just started the game I'm not gonna be touching that for a while.

I do have a few questions.

Other than bypassing locks/repairing the vehicle - does Omni Gel have a purpose?

Is it possible to max out your char?

Are there any rare items I should look out for near the start?

I'm sticking with the Base team on this play through, and my initial plan is to have myself as main assualt, Ashleigh as Shot and Sniper and the dude as my 'White mage' heh.

That being said, to level up Sniper I have to level up Assault Rifles, so I dunno if Shot/Snipe is very good for an NPC class.

We'll see.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next