It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Mass Effect (Xbox360) 
Stranger

Post Mass Effect (Xbox360)
Ye Ye its a console game. Usually i really dont care about consoles but this game just blows me away every time i look at the videos.

In fact, this game is the only reason im buying the 360. Unfortunately the game was pushed back to September.

Anyway, they revealed the 6 character classes on Bioware site, WHICH btw i cant access atm for some unknown reason.

Also when you're @ www.bioware.com check out the videos if you havent. And they have also written a book, sort of a prequel. You can read the first part there.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 10, 2007 3:31 pm
Stranger

Quote:
Well a game's own good is only as good as the game, and its only too good if its twice as good as it ought to be. So if Mass Effect was twice as good as it's own good ought to be. It ought to be too good for it's own good, or at least twice that... kind of like a movie sequel

I trhink my brain blew a fuse reading that

Makes sense doesn't it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 24, 2007 4:10 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
meh...real shame about this game, generally when bioware come up with a game i take notice but console only... true suckage. i dont want some dodgy port either :?

Fri May 25, 2007 5:12 am
Minor Diety

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri May 25, 2007 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Its my secret wish that they will release a remake of this game for PC, that has all the goodness necessary for PC game. More complext combat and so on. :D

No one can take away my dream :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 25, 2007 4:09 pm
Emperor

just out of curiosity, did anyone buy jade empire?

Sun May 27, 2007 2:38 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 27, 2007 2:59 pm
Minor Diety

well if mole has it i'll probably give it a go, but a bioware rpg... certainly not something i'll spend money on myself.

Hear that Mole? You'll actually have to buy a game yourself for once!

Mon May 28, 2007 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehe.

I have Jade Empire - good game!

Rock Band [35%]

Tue May 29, 2007 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

tbh, the storyline really does look interesting, and if it was developed on both platforms at once i would be interested, but meh...

Tue May 29, 2007 3:12 pm
Minor Diety

Console means no depth, alas. :( Pass for me on Mass Effect, Bioware or not.

- Coach

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 am
Minor Diety

Console means no depth, alas.

I'm going to regret asking, but how so?

Right of the bat, Splinter Cell, Oblivion/Morrowind, Broken Sword, Battle for Middle Earth (not played it, but it's good some good reviews) Command and Conquer. :P

Don't get me started ;)

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I will grant you splinter cell, but the rest...Morrowind and Oblivion clearly suffered because of them appearing on consoles too - world of difference with the hardcore tweakable RPG of the Daggerfall era.

Broken sword and C&C were always pc titles in the first place iirc, so it's not surprising they turned out ok. Haven't played BfME. :)

Still, I mostly meant that more 'subtle' games like RPG's are the ones getting shafted because of console attention. No matter how you look at it, by and large (so not exclusively) PC gaming is focused on a more serious crowd and therefore sprouts more intricate games with tons of options and more mature content. Console gaming is more 'casual'.

Again, that's a general observation. But it's inevitable that pc gaming will lose something of its cachet because of the blending of platforms (and that console gaming will become more like pc gaming and vice versa). I like console gaming for racing, sports, some action, and platformers etc, but for RPG's and generally more serious gaming (FM 2007, adventures, etc) I will prefer the PC for a long time to come.

And thus, my dislike for Mass Effect appearing on consoles. :)

- Coach

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:43 am
Minor Diety

Lol, ultimately, I agree. However, the Xbox 360/Ps3 are both way more than capable of this kinda thing.

Realistically, I still see the PS3 being a "child" console due to the fact they'd rather have 1001 games, the 1 being the good one. And the Xbox 360 being the blend of Console/PC gamers choice as the games generally (note generally) suck less.

However, with the huge success of the 360 (And not my spelling ;) ) inevitably means that it will become more like the PlayStation and start game whoring, which can only be a bad thing if you ask me. I'd much rather have the choice cut!

I think the best thing about the PS3 is that the games are cheaper than the 360, so now 360 has lowered it's price to the £40 mark, which is much more respectable than the £50 they were trying to flog them at. I never pay full price for a game anyway, and if it weren't for Caz's discount, I'd never buy in a high street store. I'd either go independent retail or the net.

What drives me insane really, is that there is now no reason for the whole FPS are better on PC, because the Xbox 360 can easily support a USB keyboard and mouse! In theory this means gone are the days of hardware issues aswell. What it does mean however, if the dev's twig on to the idea, is that eventually PC gamers will suffer because whilst the X360 is still strong, they won't be 'easy pushing' the graphics.

By easy pushing, I mean the new hardware allows them to do it with ease, rather than getting the best from current hardware.

What I'm really looking forward to now, is that we're really going to be approaching some golden years for the 360. I mean, look at the new GTAIV trailer, I know it's not confirmed that it's 360, but dude, those are some freakin' sweet graphics and attention to detail. But After a year of the Xbox (original) we got things like splinter cell, followed by Halo 2. At the time, to see those sort of graphics was amazing. I'm really interested to see what can be done by now. I mean Gears of War! Fucking b-e-a-utiful! What could be done with a sequel?!

Anyway, what I'm saying is in agreement. The line between PC gaming and Console gaming is going to begin to blur, and blur fast. I think PC gamers will suffer in some ways, but nothing major. I think people will still produce with PC in mind. What I'd like to see is the Xbox 360 elite scrapped as it currently is, and remade with an actuall better machine inside of it! Rather than just a bigger hard drive and a HDMI socket!

Ultimately though, right now, I believe that with the right tweaking the current gen (360/PS3) is more than capable of anything a top gaming rig can pull off. I've been out of loop for a while, but last time I checked, they've only really 'used' 1 of the 360's 3 core CPU's. The others have been dabled with but not fully utilised. I could be wrong!

I enjoyed that.

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You're supposed to play consoles while relaxing on a couch. Now it might be possible to attach a keyboard and mouse to it, but I doubt playing with them would work. The only advantage of consoles is that because developers have to do with the same hardware for five years, they have to put a lot of effort into efficient programming to make sure their game is prettier then the competition's, while on pc they expect you to buy another hardware upgrade. Just look at Civ IV for an example of lazy developers.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next