It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Mass Effect (Xbox360) 
Minor Diety

I agree to that relaxing on the couch comment whole heartedly - except that rarely happens anymore. (We both said about the same hardware thing so nevermind that)

When I play a console, depending on the type of game it is I'm usually on the edge of my seat, especially in multiplayer. So relaxing is slowly going out the window ;)

But ultimately, you're supposed to eat you Dinner at a table. We wanted to watch TV. So we bought TV trays. Whats to stop, at a basic level, us using the same idea for our keyboard and mouse? I've basically had to do that since october anyway due to lack of a PC desk at my PC.

To take the idea further, we have gaming specific chairs for both PC and Console. What's the say the gaming one couldn't include a retractable TV tray/Keyboard Mouse desk?

I'm not really saying anything new in what I just said, just emphasising the point the the line between console and PC is bluring. Not only that, but that it should be bluring aswell!

The only thing that fucks me right off is the 360 doesn't have IE built in. I mean, last night I was stuck on a game finding 2 hidden items after I'd already found 58. So before when my PC and 360 were in the same room I could just switch both on, get the map up and drive around.

This time I couldn't, so I had to swtich Pev's Wii on and use that on the other channel. It's retarded. Would a browser be so hard to include? What about 'windows' (the idea of a windowed program, not the OS) I mean you have the Dashboard which certain elements of it can be displayed on top of the game you are playing. So I'm sure an "IE lite" or something would be just fine?

Bleh.

Anyway, I'm downloading the video for this game on my Xbox 360 right now :D

EDIT: As for the video, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give it a big "meh" the graphics look good, but I've seen better with a much better frame rate. But the combat looks plain and boring. I mean, if they can't get combat right on a console...

I could be wrong, but not a great first impresion.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Brand new trailer fresh from E3 @ gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/video/930279/61 ... -trailer-5

Gameplay from E3 @ gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/video/930279/61 ... -trailer-4

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:51 am
Stranger

"We also have plans for content in between the main releases, too. We haven't revealed a lot of details on that yet, but it's really exciting stuff. Like when Casey referenced earlier the ability to go to all these uncharted worlds in a different order or [with a] different progression,part of that is our ability to drop in new worlds, new places to visit midstream that you can just go to, you know, new spaceships or new planets, new uncharted spaces. So we'll reveal more details on that in the future, but it's pretty exciting. We've got some stuff in development now, in the pipe, that I think the fans will be pretty damn happy with."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/mas ... 3B1&page=1

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:07 am
Minor Diety

M$ rep came to work today, with a pretty new video of Mass Effect. VERY good looking (the game, not the rep :P) though incredibly Halo-based to my eyes (he swears its Star Wars, honest but the alients look like Covenent from Halo, vehicles look like halo, story sounds like halo... you get my drift ;)). He'll be back in 3-4 weeks and promised me lots of Mass Effect goodies, so I'll keep you up to date

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I should send hitmans after you for comparing Mass Effect with Halo :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:00 am
Minor Diety

lol only story/lookswise ;) *grin* its not my fault, its microsoft!

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well, tomorrow is the official release date. Oh how i hate you americans and britts already. Sometimes I really hate the fact that Estonia is so small country, nobody gives a damn about us.

Oh well, i guess i can read the guides and walkthroughs until the game arrives.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:52 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:27 pm
Minor Diety

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

As of today its on sale in Estonia. hallemotherfuckinglujah.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:09 pm
Stranger

Well im playing it now, so dont expect to hear from me until next year :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:06 am
Stranger

Well after 3 days of playing it, and i mean literally days not doing anything else i finished it.

Good: Everything except the brainworm alien that ate your squadmember brains and the side mission which are more of a chore than interesting sources of background information.

Bad: Alot of areas use the same layout which you will notice sooner or later. Squad AI is at times describable as MIA.

Otherwise instant epic for me. Exceptionally strong story, lots of choices that send chills down your spine. Eat that Halo.

EDIT: Oh and the music is fantastic.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:29 pm
Stranger

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... ass-Effect

Zero Punctuation reviews Mass Effect.

Well he is correct on lots of things and this might somewhat discourage you from playing Mass Effect i should remind you that there hasn't been an RPG with this much depth for quite a long time. It still is one of the very best games of the Year.

And after a few years we will be thinking, why dont they make good games anymore like Mass Effect back then. And comparing Mass Effect with KOTOR is a bit silly because Mass Effect is a newcomer whereas Star Wars was a legend before the games arrived.

Remember, when you play Mass Effect, you should allow yourself to be drawn into the world and places, not looking for similiarities with Star Wars. If you were choosing between Zonda and Aston Martin, would you call Aston Martin a bad car?

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:51 pm
Minor Diety

I've picked this up today - played an hour or so.

Too early to give a real judgement, but first impressions are good.

Too many other games (Assasins Creed!) to play though, so I'll be slowly progressing through this one.

What's your Gamertag Peltz?

Rock Band [35%]

Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well i havent been online, not once. Because when i played the game, i was at my place and the cable doesnt reach as far as i need it to. So the console is at my summer apartment where ill be going for the new years celebration, i will check out the Live thing once i get there.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next