It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
The MMO topic 
Stranger

Post Re: The MMO topic
Hehe, ill get some gametime tomorrow. Got into the beta. But they run a much tighter beta than most, very limited gametime. This sunday i get 2hours of playtime and with no idea whens the next run.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:33 am
Felix Rex

Good new on KOTOR, actually... I was expecting an estimated delivery of summer 2011, and then probably another year delay after. If it actually holds true to spring 2011, i'll be quite the happy camper.

How's APB treating you, Peltz? You under a NDA?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yep.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/next- ... hecy/63350

New trailer from Black Prophecy. Now the interesting part comes at the end of the trailer which states that it is a free to play MMO.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:24 pm
Stranger

http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/mm ... 44427.aspx

Here's some reading on the problems of Warhammer MMO, It is from October 2009.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:35 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260809.html
In my eyes, APB just commited suicide.

Quote:
According to the FAQ and EA, APB will cost $50 in the US, £35 in the UK, and €50 in the rest of Europe. The developer quotes 50 hours of gameplay out of the box, plus unlimited access to the game's social district and marketplace.

50h of gametime out of the box is ok.

Quote:
Additional time can be purchased using the virtual currency RTW points, which will be available in-game or from the Realtime Worlds Web site. The price of points will range from £4 ($5, €4.50) for 200 points to £52 ($65, €58.50) for 2,600 points. Twenty hours of game time will cost 280 points (£5.59, $7, €6.29).

Damn microsoft with its point scheme, now everyone thinks they can get rich using it. Fuck no, this just wont go. I hope for the sake of people who buy this game, that the servers actually track the time the players spends in the action district. If we were to skip the stupid point system for a moment, this model is not so bad entirely, it should be quite good for people who get to play only on weekends or late at night.

Quote:
More frequent players also have the option of purchasing 30-day unlimited packages for 400 RTW points (£8, $10, €9), with further discounts promised for 90- and 180-day purchases. The retail box will also contain a bonus 100 RTW points, which can be converted to in-game cash to purchase objects, customisations, or more game time. Players can also sell their own custom creations to friends and clan mates, and via the marketplace, to earn more RTW points.

Again, stupid stupid stuuuuuuupiid point system.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 01, 2010 2:51 am
Felix Rex

I hate points. The least they could do is make points exactly equivalent to some currency or other.

On the other hand, they're charging $10/month for unlimited game time. That's $5 cheaper than the average MMO. *shrug*

I also bet if you go for "hours" and spend more than $10 in a month, they don't automatically bump you up to the all-you-can-eat setting. That pisses me off about companies. Don't treat me like you want to milk me for every dime and screw me over if I fail to plan ahead properly. do the noble thing... you make me happy and you're still getting my money.

Sat May 01, 2010 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms95NKFnhCU

Eve Online is expanding. Planets are coming into play now.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 am
Felix Rex

oh, that's cool. Too bad I never got into the null sec/low sec space thing. EVE's a great game, I just got tired of spending a huge amount of time earning money to buy ships only to have them blown up. :roll:

Sat May 08, 2010 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea, Eve scares me, I am afraid I might succumb to its seduction and wont wake up before i am an old man. I was in the eve beta though, i still have the "congratulations, you have won a chance to play our broken game" email.
Quote:
Dear -, username: -
Welcome to the world of EVE!
Here's your chance to become part of the beta!
We are in Phase 7 of the beta test and things are really heating up...

the first lines from the email that ruined hundreds of lives and turned hundreds more into, well, cocks.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 08, 2010 11:11 am
Felix Rex

lol, I love it when they do stuff like that. :roll:

I still get EVE emails. I got one trying to entice me to come back that said I had xx ISK just sitting waiting on me. Except the number was WAY wrong... I've got like 400k or something, and the email said I had a couple mill. :P

Sat May 08, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
lol, I love it when they do stuff like that. :roll:

I still get EVE emails. I got one trying to entice me to come back that said I had xx ISK just sitting waiting on me. Except the number was WAY wrong... I've got like 400k or something, and the email said I had a couple mill. :P

Maybe it grew with interest?

- Coach

Mon May 10, 2010 2:26 am
Felix Rex

no, later emails had the correct amount. It was some sort of bug.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 am
Profile WWW
King

You know, I been playing MMOs since Evercrack. I have played A LOT of mmos so I have developed a certain heighten sense, a 3rd eye if you will. I see new MMO's come and go and I can usually tell when a MMO is just not going to live up to expectations.

That being said I just dont think KOTOR MMO is going to be so great. I just got a gut feeling. I might be ok, maybe good but not great. Its wierd for me not feeling the hype for a SW MMO. Maybe Im jaded from SWG but when I look at KOTO MMO videos I just dont see any zing to to. There is nothing there that makes me want to play it other than the fact is Star Wars. I looks like another game with WOW mechanics and KOTO skins. I hope I am wrong, I may try it. Im still playing wow and enjoying it. I cant say its perfect but compare to all the other MMO's its the best.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:14 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

I have a funny feeling you're right, though I'm hoping it's my jade. I hated WoW, so I really hope it's not similar.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next