It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
The MMO topic 
Stranger

Post Re: The MMO topic
I am sure that SW MMo is nice to play with a small community like ours. Its just happens that we are so far apart and scheduling a game night is a bitch. Even when we do get our group going like in L4d theres always the darn ping and the darn time difference, I think Satis and I are the furthest apart when it comes to time difference. Every problem we have now is probably doubled with an MMO where the characters have levels. There of course is the GW experience which was not that bad but GW levelling system was way different from SW's system so that experience is not directly comparable. So Satis and Shiny, when can we expect you two to move to Europe :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 30, 2010 8:51 am
Minor Diety

Actually there are 2 houses for sale in our street. Might be a bit above budget (if i remember correctly houses are a lot less expensive in America), both are going over 300k (euro).

Interested? :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sun May 30, 2010 11:13 am
Felix Rex

lol, I can't afford even a single room in one of those houses. :roll:

Personally, I'd love to move to Europe. I lived there as a kid/teenager and very much enjoy the culture and people. I also like the US... I also liked Korea. :roll: The biggest problem with me moving over there is getting a job. Though I have skills, it's not like they're that hard to come by. And how would I get a job like that? Wouldn't I need a work Visa or something before I could even go looking?

My company actually has an office in London. Staffed with....err...the technically challenged. :roll: If I ever got the chance to move to England to work there and train those people, I'd totally jump at it. But I'm not sure I'd really want to live in London. Still, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Err...damn...MMO topic. :roll: Regarding ping, I find that's less of an issue in MMOs, but the level thing certainly matters, and I don't see myself paying a monthly fee to only play the game on Saturdays.

Sun May 30, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

London will probably be much more expensive. :D

Yeah, MMO ehm ... still playing DDO? (i'm not, lack of time, hardly ever caught anyone online)

~King of Thieves~

Mon May 31, 2010 8:32 am
Minor Diety

London is a great city to live in but really expensive. But if you'd transfer you might be an expat anyway, which is the sweet spot. AND all people working in the centre of London get an automatic wage increase because it's so outrageously expensive to live in. :roll:

I would suppose you'd need a visa yeah. But since you speak English and do IT, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job anywhere. Might not be a glamorous job but still.

And if Kotor turns out to be the greatest thing since sliced jesus you bitches better play together with us!!

- Coach

Mon May 31, 2010 8:40 am
Felix Rex

I haven't played DDO in several months. I get kinda burned out doing the same missions over and over again, even if it is kinda fun grinding out characters. I think the game needs like 5-10x the number of missions. :roll:

My company offices are in Herfordshire, which looks to be a suburb to the northwest of London. I expect that if I ever moved there, I'd live in a really small apartment. :roll: Still, it'd be worth it, and I'm sure I'd get paid way, way more.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
the greatest thing since sliced jesus

Is that some mexican dish and can it be found in any currently available MMO :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon May 31, 2010 10:47 am
Felix Rex

mmmm....jesus... nom nom nom

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

[heavy voice] You're a loose cannon Jesus, but you're a damn good cop!

- Coach

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... ica/101198

First CGI trailer for Battlestar Galactica Online. No gameplay yet.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 am
Minor Diety

Courtesy of RockPaperShotgun, keys to the open beta of APB :)

Quote:
If you follow the following link:

http://keys.rockpapershotgun.com/

And enter your email address, you'll receive a key to access APB's open beta, Key To The City, which goes live on Saturday. Check www.apb.com to find out what time!

- Coach

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:01 am
Felix Rex

APB is out. And check out this gem... apparently you will be subjected to audio ads every 3 hours when you enter a new district. So... I guess $50 + a monthly fee isn't enough. :roll:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/201 ... udio-ads/1

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Count

Satis and I got rift, actually satis was kind enough to gift me the collectors edition since it would mean a super cute turtle mount!!!! So far it plays very much like wow but with better graphics. not far into it yet so I can not say if it will continue to follow that path. Already there is lots of spam for power leveling etc. :(

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:05 am
Felix Rex

I got really really drunk last night as we were playing it, so my memory of the game isn't the clearest. I don't remember the power leveling spam. So far it's a lot of standard stuff... talk to dude, go kill x whatever, go back, turn in quest, get another quest, rinse, repeat. The graphics are pretty nice, though, something that WoW didn't have even when it first came out.

The vast majority of MMOs start off like this, though. It's when you get past a certain level that the differences manifest. Since level 20 is when you can get mounts, I'm guessing it'll be then that this game will show us what it really is. Until then, it's not bad, but not great either.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Age of Conan was exactly the opposite, the first 20 levels were awesome and then the captain of Titanic started to shout "Dive, Dive" :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next