It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
The MMO topic 
Minor Diety

Post Re: The MMO topic
I'm still addicted to UO but about to give Mortal Online a try. It's a year old now and plays much like early UO apparently, in that everywhere is PvP with Free for all loot and guard zones/criminal flagging etc. The skills work similarly to UO (no levels and classes, just use a skill to increase it) and can be learnt/unlearnt as you go to avoid constantly deleting or recreating characters.

The thing that really interests me is that the animal taming (the bit I'm most addicted to in UO) is seemingly very in-depth. You can basically breed horses you have to get extremes, such as incredibly strong or agile mounts, and also breed different coats (such as zebra!). I haven't really read up enough on it to give anything in depth (kinda don't want to, would rather just discover it as I play) but once I get on there and have given it a good run I'll post a little review here. If anyone else wants to give it a go there's a 14 day free trial. Just head to www.mortalonline.com

Thu May 05, 2011 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Looks interesting. Nice graphics too. I may check it out once I get tired of Rift.

Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Annoying install so far. Taken me about an hour and a half! Bloody retro-patching... *sigh* Apparently the cool horse breeding stuff comes in the expansion but that's due this month sometime.

*goes back to install*

Thu May 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I can deal with long installs. I don't remember the name of the game off the top of my head, but there was like 16GB of downloads once you installed it. As you can imagine, that takes awhile, even on my connection.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah this one is something stupid like that. It took about 4 hours last night, by which time I was on Rock Band with Mole so still not played it! Maybe this evening or weekend I'll get round to it. Haven't made an account yet so no time is wasting at least.

Fri May 06, 2011 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25