It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
The MMO topic 
Stranger

Fury is having some big sneakpeek beta weekend, where you can check out the game. Go take a look at fileplanet or fury webpage (link you can find in the first post of this topic).

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:42 am
Stranger

Hmm i tried Fury this weekend, and well its crap, boring empty pvp fights, I estimate it will fail by the end of 2008 or early 2009.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:12 pm
Minor Diety

I'm happy. All other MMO's can go to hell (cept LotRo when I'm playing it with Mole), I found how to play Horizons again for free so I'm recreating my dragon *hugs dragon* I can't wait to fly again

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

The fun of listening to NPCs, reading about what they want, and going out and doing it has been reduced to click, click, click accept, kill, click, yay monies!

I think this guy just solved the issue behind all MMOs :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:12 pm
Minor Diety

Agreed! I think that's why I'm enjoying LotRo a bit more than most MMO's I've played as of late. The instance story quests, though techinichaly speaking are the same thing, at least keep it a bit varied. They make a welcome break!

What happened to the days of UO? On the shard I played on (free) there we're very few quests available. The fun was in raising your skills. Didn't matter if it was Swordsmanship, healing, taming, veterinary or even cooking and fishing, getting to 100+ skill level was fantastic! And even then, each Saturday was quest night, where me and teh pevmeistah would stay up all night just to kill bad guys with about 10-15 other people (on a good night!) for some lame ass reward that we'd never use - because we knew at the end of it it was time to take the piss out of the admin!

This one time, on quest night, I set him on fire... *trails off*

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I just started a trial account on EVE Online. I dunno if I'm going to like it yet... trying to reserve judgment until I've played it for a bit. Beyond that, Conan.... that's all I'm interested in right now.

Well, besides single player. But that's another story.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Just for your information, its a really slow progressing game. If you have friends playing, ask for their advice.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:59 am
Stranger

Eidos did not name specific titles that would be featuring the ads. However, it did say that 10 titles would be covered in the deal and that these are all currently in various stages of development. A sampling of titles currently slated to be published by Eidos include Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Escape From Bug Island, and GEON: Emotions.

While nothing is certain, it is a strong possibility!

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 pm
Felix Rex

how could they possibly do in-game advertising in Conan? Unless they do something insanely annoying like full screen popups or ads when you log in. Most of the time it's just in-game ad placement...are they gonna have cokes being placed in bars or something? Billboards for feminine hygiene products?

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

So i decided to give Fury another chance but it actually made things worse.

1) The developer cant even get their homepage to run properly
2) Staying inside the game for more than 5 minutes is a miracle, total crash is a nuisance, whole computer freezes.
3) Very very poorly optimised, well for anything.

Its crap, and will likely fail soon after launch.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:17 am
Stranger

Anyway, on Vanguard, this was so funny i had to share it.

Quote:
I played vanguard. It sucked. It sucked more than any suck that has ever sucked. In fact I think its the worst form of suck that even a Grand Master of Suck can produce.

:D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am
Felix Rex

haha. I don't necessarily agree with sentiment, though it be eloquently expressed. Sorta. SOE is teh SuX0R.

btw, I'm playing EVE Online now. Not bad, not great. I think I may stay interested for a little while... maybe even until Tabula Rasa.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea well, the thing with TR is that well all is not so "rosey" and "fluffy" as Gariott sais in his interviews.

All i can say that there are alot of things that are actually weak in this game (anyway from my beta point of view).

I mean the starting area and tutorials are weakly ok. They could use alot of polish. Also the question how and why are you there is also somewhat
unexplained.

EDIT: Besides the fact that you are a survivor.

Need to watch what i say otherwise they'll send the dogs after me :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:45 pm
Felix Rex

hehe...don't make me censor you for violating an NDA. :P From what I've seen of TR it looks like it has a lot of potential... a lot of potential to be decent or to utterly suck. We'll see. I don't have a problem with trying it and ditching it if I don't enjoy it.

Really it's Huxley and Conan I'm waiting for. Nothing else looks all that interesting, including TR.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Huxley/DarkFall for me :) I can't wait to Frag you on Huxley Satis ;)

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next