It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next
The MMO topic 
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/apb/v ... ler-3?hd=1

APB looking really good, i already signed up for beta but this game looks so much fun that i will pick it up when it launches.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:16 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6228707.ht ... op;title;3

Massively Multiplayer loners.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:37 am
Felix Rex

Interesting. Especially since I pretty much fall into the loner category most of the time. I did the guild thing... to much drama, too much work.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, good article.It's good to see developers taking into account the inherent idicocy of 95% of the population in MMORPG's (and in general, really).

I've come to the point where I see most MMORPG's more like a singleplayer thing where I can go out together with friends if I want to. I don't have to, but I can. I hope that The Old Republic will go decidely that way. And The Secret World. Others MMORPG's stir almost zero excitement in me at this point.

But I don't exclude the possibility of ever getting into a real MMORPG again. Guild Wars 2 perhaps? We'll see.

- Coach

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:12 am
Felix Rex

oh, speaking of guilds and MMOs, Shiny and I guilded up in DDO with our mains. We're still tearing through quests and are up to level 6. It's pretty fun still.. I think we're past the point where we started burning out the first time (years ago) and we still have plenty of content. We'll see how it goes, though. At least it's free. :twisted:

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

did you quit last time because the content was lacking/dwindling at that point? Or just general jade-quit (I was gonna say 'also known as Derf-quit, but that would be 15 minutes after first playing the game :lol: )

- Coach

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 am
Count

last time it was lack of content. We could not find anything for our level. They added a lot and even with taking out a good portion of the quests if you do not pay we are finding plenty to do.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:00 am
Stranger

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/newsima ... yboard.jpg

Heres some fun on Aion. Apparently theres some problems with the servers as the rumor is that they've been sharing the hardware with Guild Wars.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 pm
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6230664.ht ... op;title;8

Star Wars: The Old Republic. Beta testers wanted. I personally am not going to apply because i want to experience the game in its full glory, i do not want to disappoint myself with some buggy crap.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:09 am
Minor Diety

I'm not gonna sign up either. Better things to do than beta testing, and like you I hope to get the polished, complete experience once the game is 'done'.

- Coach

Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 am
Felix Rex

absolutely. Besides, it's not like you can keep your characters. they get wiped once the beta ends, and I'd hate to spend a lot of time working on a character that'll be unceremoniously executed.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239339.ht ... op;title;4

Well Sony is sued by one visually impaired person, apparently the games Sony runs are discriminating towards visually impaired.

And some gamespot humor:

Quote:
It doesn't help the visually impaired that some of EverQuest II's characters are actually invisible.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 pm
Felix Rex

Go go entitlement society! Yes, because you're blind, I need to go WAY out of my way to program shit into my applications so you can use it. But wait... if I have to make it accessible to the blind, what about the deaf? What about those without HANDS?

I am annoyed with people that think they must be catered to because they have some sort of impairment. You're mostly blind? Sorry man, that sucks, but why the hell is it suddenly my responsibility to make sure you can use my product? You don't like my product, don't buy it! Start your own company making products for your niche, that's cool, that's how a free market system works.

Now, if Sony were a monopoly, things change. Or a duopoly or something similar. Or necessary for survival, or to function in society. But it's not. So I think Mr. Blind gamer should go jump off a cliff.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

My grandad went blind and he hated it, he couldn't play his piano any more, could only listen to tv and couldn't do his gardening. He lived for his garden and piano. But did he ever think to sue someone coz of it? No, he just accepted it and adapted. Fucking idiots.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6241266.ht ... op;title;1

Well, lately the lawsuits spring up like fungus after rain. This one is quite hilarious, i recommend to read it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next