It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
The Fallout 3 topic 
Stranger

Anyone seen/heard anything in the "void"?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:56 pm
Minor Diety

Cpunting down to the trailer on the official website

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

and

[quote]Bethesda Softworks Announces Award-Winning Actor
Liam Neeson to Play Lead Role in Fallout 3

Famed Actor to Provide Voice Work in Game Developed by
Bethesda Softworks, Creators of the 2006 Game of the Year
May 8, 2007 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks® is pleased to announce that highly acclaimed international actor Liam Neeson will lead the cast providing voice work in Fallout 3. Neeson will play the role of the player’s father and will appear prominently throughout the game. Fallout 3 is currently under development at Bethesda Game Studios, creators of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion®, which won numerous Game of the Year and RPG of the Year awards in 2006.

“This role was written with Liam in mind, and provides the dramatic tone for the entire game,â€

- Coach

Wed May 09, 2007 4:20 am
Stranger

FALL 2008

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:26 pm
Felix Rex

fall 2008? ffs. Oh well, guess I won't be experiencing this game any time soon.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_ ... ?cat_id=87

It left me with the impression that it will be real time all the way. While this saddens me, the idea that we'll be even seeing a Fallout game makes me very happy.

Enjoy.

PS! i wonder if these guys will be facing a legal action against them for posting that stuff?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:48 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace ... 3B1&page=1

Can be played Real time or like previous Fallout, so like HELL YEAH!!

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:01 pm
Felix Rex

cool... I'm looking forward to this, mainly because of you guys. I just wish X-Com would see a revival.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, X-com sees plenty of revivals by small, obscure companies who make 'remakes' with different titles. ;) But yeah, nothing like this.

Fallout 3 is looking better and better...thanks for the link Peltz. Might buy the fallout anthology and replay 1-2 and Fallout: Tactics. :)

- Coach

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 am
Stranger

Finished Fallout 1 early this morning (round 4 am) :D

Last fight was awesome, i was crippled, blind and radiated, i was under attack by master and his minions. Just Awesome.

To this day, its still one of the very best!

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:21 am
Stranger

VATS. Ok, so I can pause to aim. Does that mean where I aim in RT doesn't matter, i.e. if I click on the head I'd still hit the torso, in RT? Also, when in VATS, can any actions be taken, or is it just cuing actions to happen?

Correct that VATS is a pause to aim idea, but from what I saw and heard at the event the Realtime play is like any other realtime game with shooting, if you aim and actually hit the head the same effects would apply as a called shot. Again, I'm not certain, and anything about that is conjecture based on the gameplay that was shown. From what I can tell, VATS is purely a system for queuing actions and that is all, we did not get to see if your inventory can be accessed/used while paused or if that would use action points also.

Shooting in RT slows down AP recharging. What about moving or other actions?

Not sure about this one, honestly in the demo Todd was pausing every time he really wanted to fight and only a few times did he have to run'n'gun in realtime and that seemed like just when a Mutant got the jump on him. He had modified the system a bit to help the demo along faster so I don't know how much of this was final mechanics and how much was for demonstration purposes.

Viewpoint. A bit unclear on drawing back the camera. Does it allow the camera to be drawn back far enough to be roughly the same bird's eye isometric as Fallout 1 had?

It looked (roughly) the same as the view from Fallout 1, and the graphics engine looked as if it stood up perfectly to the zooming in/out.

I attempted to stress it in my original commentary, but the entire graphical presentation of this game is stunning. Whether in first person view or over the shoulder you literally FEEL the destruction of the environment, the desolation, the abandoned ruins of small towns and junky shanty towns of the survivors. I seriously doubt many people, even die-hard purists who play the game, will end up using the isometric view very often because it simply looks too damn good in the other views (over the shoulder especially). The roleplaying aspects of the game will be improved incredibly by the immersive environments and feel of the interface. The first time a group of giant Rad Insects jump out at you and start chasing you, you'll begin to feel what I'm talking about (if not before that). If you don't think a franchise can stand a technical transition into first person and retain the qualities of the original, you clearly haven't played Metroid Prime.

Dialogue. Matt Miller caused a stir on this with his remark that "the tree is closer to Oblivion." So how does it look (visually, like Oblivion)? The PC has full lines or keywords? Any sign of long NPC replies? Any hint (probably too short a demo) of expansive branching dialogue?

This really tests my memory on the specifics of the demo shown, but I'll try my best to remember exactly. Looking back at Oblivion your choices in dialogue were things like "rumors, cathedral, Glarthir, etc." The visual look of dialogue is similar to Oblivion in how it zooms in on the NPC's face and where the text is displayed, but from the short bits we viewed it looks like PC respones will be phrases much like from Fallout 1, and typically it looked as if there were serious answers, angry answers, and funny answers all mixed in. The dialogue trees definitely looked like they had longer NPC replies also, and there was definitely a HINT of expansive / branching dialogue but really with the demo not enough was shown to say. From how Emil and Todd talked about it, I imagine the level of depth and detail shown throughout the demo expands to every part of the game.

I got a very good sense of "Fallout" from the dialogue shown, and strongly feel that this is one thing the people at Bethsoft are putting a lot of effort towards getting right.

Guns. Do they use schematics to construct?

One example we were given was the lunchbox explosive: you combine the lunchbox with some explosives (C4? something else?) and fill the rest of the lunchbox with bottle-caps and you'd have yourself a regular claymore shrapnel device. As far as schematics/instructions I don't know, but that makes the most sense.

Bobbleheads. How do they work?

This was not looked at in-depth for the demo, just mentioned in passing. It seems to be more of a side-game / additive element then a primary focus of the gameplay.

BoS. Was any explanation offered for their presence?

When Todd finally entered the city, he encountered a group of super mutants and was quickly saved by a unit of them (i believe that's who they were). I didn't catch if it mentioned exactly why they were there, but they help protect the player through what would otherwise be a tougher part of the city. Short answer: Not that I know of, no explanation yet.

Are bottle caps in as a currency?

As mentioned above, they were discussed as being used in the 'lunchbox explosive' so I figure they will be in the game as currency as well.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:32 am
Minor Diety

So untill the other day, I never paid attention to this topic because I thought all the stuff about Fallout 3 was just a load of BS - you know kinda like DNF.

Anyway, I was on my Xbox looking at what game vid's I could download and saw a Fallout 3. I choked a little thinking what? I thought this wasn't real just that all the fans wanted it!

Anyway, downloaded the video and now I'm interested. Yay! It's real!

(p.s. Sorry for being so typically me - slow)

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://pc.ign.com/articles/800/800570p1.html

- Coach

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:06 am
Stranger

I suggest you dont read that last link, Coz it will leave you wanting fallout so bad, its insane :D

Defenatly Game of the Year 2008 there. if it doesn't miss the release date.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 am
Minor Diety

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:14 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

The game is using a modified Oblivion engine, and while Oblivion looks good, Fallout 3 looks fantastic. The level of detail is boosted up a notch or two and the result is all on the screen. We're told that the tweaks made to the engine allow the developers to make the world far more detailed than Oblivion ever was. Rusted-out cars, ruined mailboxes and crooked power lines all work together to create a very believable nuclear wasteland. Even the vault itself looked fantastic. Bethesda has gone to great lengths to take actual items from the first two games, such as air vents and chairs, and do its best to recreate them in 3D.

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/art ... 533057.jpg

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next