It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
The Fallout 3 topic 
Felix Rex

I found the underground railroad (it's that by name, btw, not in fact, in case you didn't get that. :P). It's basically a bunch of escaped slaves with a near deity-worship of Abraham Lincoln. I've decided to help them with their quests for now... eventually I'll probably shackle them all.

Also, I was right about the radio towers. Every radio tower has a sewer overflow next to it with stuff in it. I just found one broadcasting a 'help us' signal on report. OF course all that was left was bones. :)

I also picked up the cannibal feat. I wish it healed more. :(

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

@ Peltz: yeah, I've been there. Funny stuff. :)

@ Satis: I think I know what place you mean...unless there are more places with escaped slaves. Which is entirely possible in F3...

I hope you can find the violin for the lady. I rather enjoyed the reward.

- Coach

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:55 am
Felix Rex

so, I was browsing my favorite websites and ran across some cool Fallout 3 bundles that Engadget is handing out.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/11/read ... age-ovi-m/
awesome stuff

It also mentioned the upcoming downloadable content, so I went trolling for more info and came across the wiki article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3# ... le_content
Quote:
The G.E.C.K.

The official editor for Fallout 3 available only for the PC version of the game, called the G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit - after the quest item in the game), will be available for free download in December 2008 and will allow PC users to create and add their own content to the game.

Operation Anchorage

Billed as a "military simulation" and available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, Operation: Anchorage traces the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska, from its Chinese Communist invaders, and will be available in January 2009.

The Pitt

The second pack, titled The Pitt and available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player journey to the industrial raider town located in the remains of Pittsburgh, and is scheduled for release in February 2009.

Broken Steel

Broken Steel, scheduled for release in March 2009 and available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all, and continues the adventure past the main quest.

Looks like about the time I'll be running out of content, they'll be adding more. :)

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

so I ran into another awesome chunk of content. I was in downtown DC and found a town house. Inside was a Mr. Handy robot and a terminal to control it. One of the options was to have it read the children a poem. It wheeled into the kid's room where their skeletons were still in their beds and read them 'There Will Come Soft Rains', a basically post-apocalyptic poem and also a reference to Ray Bradbury.

The poem:
Quote:
There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;
And frogs in the pool singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white;
Robins will wear their feathery fire,
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;
And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.
Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
If mankind perished utterly;
And Spring herself when she woke at dawn
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

Some more info about it.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/McClellan_Family_Townhome

I'm now level 20 and am still exploring. The amount of content in DC alone is staggering. I'll be aiming for the white house soon.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

did you take the explorer perk at lvl 20?

I haven't found that place you mention yet. Cool. :)

did you find Beth's office buildings?

- Coach

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:32 am
Felix Rex

I did take the explorer perk. I figure I'll finish up downtown DC, then the other downtown area across the river (got most of that already), then finish up the wasteland.

Beth's office buildings? No. Where are they roughly? I still haven't made it to vault-tec HQ.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Roughly, if you have the springvale high school near Vault 101, it's some ways opposite of that, accross the river. Vague, I know, but you should be able to spot it from far away...it's a cluster of 2-3 buildings.

- Coach

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:21 pm
Minor Diety

Fallout 3 wins GOTY awards for Xbox and PC on Gamespy ánd IGN. :) So, that's a hands down victory if we ever saw one...beating the other pretenders on both platforms.

Gamespy:

Quote:
PC
1. Fallout 3
2. Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
3. Left 4 Dead
4. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
5. Grand Theft Auto IV
6. World of Goo
7. Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor
8. Mass Effect
9. Sins of a Solar Empire
10. Spore

Xbox 360
1. Fallout 3
2. Gears of War 2
3. Grand Theft Auto IV
4. Left 4 Dead
5. Prince of Persia
6. Rock Band 2
7. Fable II
8. Dead Space
9. Burnout Paradise
10. Soulcalibur IV

PlayStation 3
1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Fallout 3
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
4. Grand Theft Auto IV
5. Rock Band 2
6. Valkyria Chronicles
7. Prince of Persia
8. Resistance 2
9. Dead Space
10. Burnout Paradise

Overall
1. Fallout 3 (PC/360/PS3)
2. Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (PC)
3. Left 4 Dead (PC/360)
4. Gears of War 2 (360)
5. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
6. Grand Theft Auto IV (PC/360/PS3)
7. Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
8. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC)
9. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
10. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (NDS)

- Coach

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:46 am
Stranger

It kind of makes sense, F3 is a good massive game, and its multiplatform, which is ok in my books. To me, exclusive titles are bullsh*t propaganda machines which should never see the light of day.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:56 am
Felix Rex

agreed, exclusives are stupid. Nice to see F3 do so well. Also nice to see left4dead doing so well.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I like PC exclusives not because of the fact that they are PC exclusive as such, but because I do notice a big difference in control (often depth, too) between games created solely for PC and games created for multiple platforms. Console menus are one issue.

And I'm not even talking about "pure ports" like GTA IV.

- Coach

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:42 am
Minor Diety

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/updates.html

I hope this fixes the freezing bug I get when not in windowed mode. I'm playing my second character a lot lately, she's an überpacifist and doesn't kill ANYTHING unless really really necessary.

Involves a lot of running and sneaking, but by being able to save on the weapon skills you get a plethora of different skills to invest in.

- Coach

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:22 pm
Felix Rex

cool...I pretty much stopped playing my second character and have been playing FC2 instead. With this out I may go back and finally finish the game on evil mode.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/ ... UDJtBD.php

Quote:
Story

The Brotherhood Outcasts are trying to acquire advanced military technology, and the only way to open the vault containing these relics is by completing a tactical simulation only you can enter. In Operation: Anchorage you will re-live the epic Battle of Anchorage from Fallout lore. Find your way into the simulation, stripped of resources, and survive within the rules set up by the simulation’s creators. The Chinese red army is everywhere, so secure the surrounding mountain side and fight your way into the Chinese base.

Key Features

• Enter a top-secret battle simulator which allows you to test and use both new and old weaponry, with nearly unlimited amounts of ammo at your disposal!
• Adds hours of extended gameplay to explore the Alaskan tundra with a new or existing character.
• Gain access to new weapons, exotic armor, and items—even a Chinese Stealth Suit!
• Choose your strike team to help you through your quest.
• Exclusive new perks and achievements!

Achievements

With new quests come new achievements. There are four new achievements for completing quests in Operation: Anchorage. The four new achievements will add 100 points to your gamerscore.

• Aiding the Outcasts (20)
• The Guns of Anchorage (20)
• Paving the Way (20)
• Operation: Anchorage (40)

I'm gonna wait for the next two planned DLC thingies to come out so I can increase the playing world all at once. :)

Also: three big cricitisms on F3, with reactions from Todd Howard

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/ ... riticisms/

Criticism #2: The ending isn’t very satisfying and much shorter than other “Falloutâ€

- Coach

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:56 am
Minor Diety

Some screenshots from the upcoming second DLC for fallout 3 , The Pitt.

I like the look a lot better than the first one, much more gritty and mad-maxish. Check out the cutom-built lawnmower weapon, wow. :)

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/ ... en_02B.jpg
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/ ... en_03B.jpg
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/ ... en_01B.jpg

I'll buy them all at once after the third planned DLC is released and dive once more into the Wasteland with a new character. :twisted:

- Coach

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next