It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
The Fallout 3 topic 
Felix Rex

hehe...interesting. But I doubt I'll play it. Maybe if we get into another multi-month lull in good games, but for now I'm overwhelmed with games to play. And with GTAIV right around the corner, that'll continue for at least another month or two.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

2 months of GTA IV? Dude, it ain't THAT big! :) Then again, with save points... :roll:

The point you raise about a gaming lull is valid, tho. Maybe I should avoid buying too many games right now and wait until I can actually ENJOY all of them fully because I'm not thinking 'omg I want to play that other game which is only slightly more awesome than this awesome game'. :roll: Not to mention the financial perks that come with delaying buying games.

- Coach

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:18 am
Felix Rex

Well, I haven't been posting about it, but I'm still playing Fallout 3. My evil check from hell is still doing her thing... I got her up to level 10 today and i'm running around tearing the hell out of stuff with my rock-it launcher. 85 skill in heavy weapons is a help. I recently got jumped by the regulators... pwnt them, of course. I also visited the wreckage of Megaton. :P Moira was laying outside but she was dead and zombified. I've been doing a great deal of exploring as well... there is so much stuff I missed the first time around it's amazing. I've also realized that near most (all?) of the broadcast towers there's a sewer entrance and some dead Chinese.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying myself. I picked up the animal perk so now I should get jumped a bit less. Too bad it doesn't work on death claws, but the dart gun is a great deal of help in those helpless fights.

Attaching this screenshot... I'm thinking of making it my avatar.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. I never even saw that. :) Where does that hang?

I've been playing a few other things but not because I'm tired of F3, more because of a sense of moral obligation with so many good (and new-ish) games lying around my place. :roll: Also partly because of the upcoming DLC.

Been contemplating starting a new char tho, a complete goodie-good wuss this time around. With barely any fighting skills. :) Should be good.

The wreckage of Megaton is cool...the whole 'doomed' atmosphere and all. Every try passing by the old Vault again? ;)

- Coach

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:10 am
Felix Rex

oh, no, I never did try going back to vault 101. I should do that, thanks for the idea.

The pic is from one of those radio tower bunkers with the dead Chinese in it. It's a door that opens from the floor with steps down. I think the same pic may be on other, similar doors elsewhere.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I closed the door to vault 101, and i cant open it anymore, i can see red dots on radar though, i left coupla guards alive.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:55 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I tried going back in but it won't let me. :( I wanna kill the chick.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You should pick up a radio signal (Vault PA system) when you're outside the vault? Or maybe you already did and it still won't open?

- Coach

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:50 pm
Felix Rex

Did you ever find the guy doing experiments with mole rat meat? He has a machine that takes mole rat meat and wonderglue (both supplied by you) and turns it into wondermeat.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, no, I never even knew that. Man...I really thought I'd seen about everything by now. :P

Did you find out who the android is yet? Just curious. And how?

- Coach

Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:29 am
Stranger

Found me an alien blaster, havent shot anyone with it yet though.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:24 am
Felix Rex

I have no idea who the android is yet. Still trying to find out. I have the location of an underground railroad place... I'll be heading there to investigate soon.

I found some alien power cells scattered about... I think a rocket blew up and through them about. No gun yet. I'm still totally exploring.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There's an ACTUAL underground railroad hide-out? :o I thought they were just offering like a 'virtual' membership, that they weren't really physically represented in the game. heh. Cool. :)

Peltz, did you find the alien blaster at a special location or just...outside? I found one some wastelander or raider who attacked me near the super duper market...it was just random, because he must have picked it up somewhere.

@ Satis: the explosion came from the blaster, yeah. It's a random event...you can have an alien blaster (and a load of ammo for it) come crashing down from the skies, heh. The gun and ammo are strewn around randomly, so if you're there keep an eye out. If you have Dogmeat you can try to have him fetch the weapon, I suppose.

Always a chance of a wastelander picking it up, of course, like in my game. Bastard didn't have any ammo for it but I already had some from a different place, thankgod.

- Coach

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:37 am
Felix Rex

oh, guess I missed the gun. Oh well. It happened near the nuka-cola chick. Oh, I was able to use my black widow perk to get the guy to try to find my coka cola quantum. Not sure what happened to him. I'm sure he died in the factory.

At this point I'm near the underground railroad station. I also picked up a quest to find a Stradivarius, I rescued some people from some super mutants, I then enslaved one of the people I rescued (lols!), and I have the mezzer of course. :) 250 per person for their hit list is pretty nice.

I'll let you know what I find in the underground railroad. I also have a lead in rivet city.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I found the blaster where i was supposed to find it. Next to a bucket load of powercells, so plenty of ammo too (well compared to the 6000 units of 5mm its not that much but enough for now).

As for the blaster, i was walking in the wasteland when i got a pop up saying, ...radio signal detected, so i walked around a little when i started picking up radiation and then there it was.. not the gun, the other thing, the ... well once you see it you'll understand, dont want to spoil anything.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next