It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
The Fallout 3 topic 
Felix Rex

oh, cool. Sounds like they're addressing some of the biggest complaints about the game with the DLC. Of course, some people might say they should've done this with a free patch, but hey. :roll:

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48842.html
Broken Steel

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon May 04, 2009 2:10 pm
Minor Diety

It's out and reviews are positive if not overwhelmingly. The fact that the level cap rises to 30 and the game doesn't "end" anymore alone would have been reason to get it imho tho. :roll:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/ ... XovDIB.php

Gonna wait until there's a bundle that combines all three DLC for a reasonable price.

- Coach

Sat May 09, 2009 8:44 am
Felix Rex

fyi, Penny Arcade ripped it regarding stability issues with the DLC.

Quote:
A three for three record of buttfucked DLC makes the supposed benefit of these ambiguous "exclusives" somewhat diffuse

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2009/5/6/

Sat May 09, 2009 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah...to be fair though, they were mostly referring to the Xbox versions. But yeah, I'm not gonna buy it too soon. Patience is golden. :)

- Coach

Sat May 09, 2009 9:25 am
Minor Diety

Another DLC pack for Fallout 3 announced, 'Point Lookout'. Goes for a more creepy, horror location feel.

http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/articl ... mpressions

I really like the look of this and of the Broken Steel one (which got great reviews too, raises the level cap and lets you play on after the 'ending'), so I'd be very interested in acquiring them and starting over with all these extra locations added. Only problem is that I need a value pack...pretty please Bethesda? :(

- Coach

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:14 am
Minor Diety

I'm just gonna put this out there... As I was watching Terminator 4, I thought to myself "shit, this is practically Fallout". I mean the two concepts are the SAME if not BETTER. I think it's a match made in heaven. Wasteland roaming, a la Terminator 4. It solves the problem of the inhumanity in the Fallout 3 wasteland, and replaces it with something that's scary and much more acceptable... Machines that want to kill you for no good reason. As opposed to EVERYTHING wanting to kill you. Morality is no longer an issue, and the whole survival thing just got ramped up 100%. You dont even need many inhabitants in the place, cos frankly everyone is either keeping a low profile or getting killed. I mean, shit, you don't even need to overhaul the game THAT much. Energy weapons are still acceptable, okay, you have to get rid of mutants and alot of other animal NPC's, but that just adds to the flavour.

To top it all off, and I mean really put the icing on the cake, imagine a kind of STALKER-esque environmental behaviour within this Fallout 3 engine! You'll get an occasional band of resistance fighters trying to attack a known terminator basecamp, or vice versa. You could witness, from the cosy bush youre hiding in, an entire human camp get decimated by a terminator search and destroy operation. You could get an occasional A10 fly by, or some random terminator air surveillance vehicle scream by overhead.

/rant over. :)

Tell me you know what i mean!?

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:11 am
Felix Rex

Sounds pretty cool. It could probably be done with a really big mod to Fallout. Go through and wipe practically everything off the map, add a bunch of meshes for weapons and NPCs (you'd only need 5-10 character meshes for terminators and maybe twice that for resistance fighters), then script terminator-related missions. To allow the most freedom you'd have to be a terminator... you could either work for the terminators and do missions to wipe out the resistance, work for the humans against the terminators, or both. It would make dogs something to be feared and avoided if you're trying to be covert. :twisted:

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heck, you could choose your race and class at the start of the game as normal:

- Human
- Machine

Then, the human class:

- Scavenger
- Rebel
- Bandit
- Grunt
- Renegade
- Blah, blah, blah

If, you chose machine:

- T500
- T600
- T600B
- T800
- Z150
- LS2
- Blah, blah, blah

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:34 am
Minor Diety

Ox there is supposed to be a Game of the Year edition with the DLC in October

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yay! Thanks Pev! :) I just hope it's not only a game + all DLC pack and that there will be a collection of DLC 'alone' as well.

- Coach

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:33 pm
Minor Diety

There is, in fact the DLC on it's own is out in a week or two I think, has The Pitt and Anchorage in it!

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Btw, Derf, check this :lol:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/top-10-fall ... 1935142017

[quote]Cybernetic Dawn

Considering the plot of both Terminator and Fallout include nuclear wastelands, even Martha Stewart would have a hard time saying the marriage of the two isn’t a “Good Thing.â€

- Coach

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:49 am
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3 ... index.html

Gamespot has listed Mothership Zeta as the fifth expansion pack for FO3. Is this a joke?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 am
Minor Diety

No, it's real. Why? Because of the alien spaceship? :)

On a related note, i've been doing some research and I found out that the Fallout 3 modding scene is very cohesive (as opposed to other games) and is very adamant about making the more impressive mods work with each other and the newest DLC. There's gonna be a time soon (after the first bundled DLC pack comes out) when I will look up the best mods and list them here, so we can all enjoy them. I am very much looking forward to going back into the wasteland in a month or two. :)

- Coach

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next