It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Stats Generator 
King

Post Stats Generator
Suggestions would be welcome on ways to generate them. please note that suggestions need to be helpful, no saying we should use IQ to detirmine when it probably won't sufice. I was thinking of making the strength score be related to Constitution, the higher the constitution, the higher the strength? Say every 3 Const points to 1/2 a strength point?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:59 am
Felix Rex

Well, you could do that, but the two aren't really related. Constitution is how healthy you are...how sick you get, how tough you are, etc. Strength is your raw physical power. You could be sick as hell and be strong as an ox, or a weakling that never gets sick and never breaks any bones. I'm weak, but I've never broken a bone in my life. :P

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We shouldn't link constitution to strength. As Satis points out they aren't related.
For strength we can do some military workout everbody can do. As an armyman Satis can make a calculation from that to a BG stat.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:39 am
Felix Rex

yea, I could do that, I suppose. Army physical fitness test is 3 parts, pushups, situps and 2 mile run. Those are calculated into percentages. If we make the three cumulative with 18 as 300% we could calculate the rest pretty accurately.

Only problem is there are some stringent requirements on what constitutes a valid situp and pushup. Most people wouldn't meet the requirements. Still, I suppose I could post all the requirements and look up the percentages, if you guys want. That would take care of strength, I suppose.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
King

yea, I could do that, I suppose. Army physical fitness test is 3 parts, pushups, situps and 2 mile run. Those are calculated into percentages. If we make the three cumulative with 18 as 300% we could calculate the rest pretty accurately.

Only problem is there are some stringent requirements on what constitutes a valid situp and pushup. Most people wouldn't meet the requirements. Still, I suppose I could post all the requirements and look up the percentages, if you guys want. That would take care of strength, I suppose.

What I was trying to say is that Const makes up part of your str because you have to be able to hold it. In the real world it is no good being able to lift 200lbs when you can not hold it for a second is it. The idea remember is to make it differently then the other one remember?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:45 pm
Felix Rex

ermm....that's strength. Lifting 200 lbs and holding 200lbs is strength. Constitution is something different.:/

Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
King

ermm....that's strength. Lifting 200 lbs and holding 200lbs is strength. Constitution is something different.:/

Depends could you carry it for the rest of the day. That requires Constitution.

Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:01 am
Marquis

Strength stat - measures a characters muscle, endurance and stamina
Constitution stat - measures a characters fitness, health and physical resistance to hardship, injury and disease

very different things :roll:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:13 am
Minor Diety

If youre gonna do this make sure you set out questions that are indirect and that are easy to see is a person is bull-shitting or not.

Strength:

I have an idea of measuring someones weight compared to their height. If they are tall and heavy that means that they are strong. If they are tall and light that means they are skinny and thus have little strength. If they are short and heavy that means that they are fat, If they are short and light, then also they have little strength?

Constitiution:

Tricky. Perhaps involved with a persons diet?

Dexterity:

Hmmm...Perhaps weight can be a factor? The lighter a person the more Dexterity he/she has right?

Intelligence:

Academic results?

Wisdom:

Places been to?

Charisma:

Number of close friends? Asking various questions like "would you ever, if you were bugged enough, dance on stage?"

Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:39 am
Minor Diety

Yes, and maybe how often someone is sick.

Dexterity:
Maybe some test everybody can do. I am very light compared to my length but my dexterity is hopeless.

Intelligence:
No academic results! That was the really bad thing about the stats generator back at the temporary forum. Only IQ I would say.

Wisdom:
Indeed number of countries been to, and maybe here academic grades, but in general terms, not every country has the same system.

Charisma:
Very hard, influence among people but also confidence about yourself maybe.

Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:38 am
Minor Diety

Intelligence and Wisdom are gonna be bloody hard.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:33 am
Felix Rex

Intelligence you could do by asking IQ-type questions. Just look up some IQ tests and get an idea. I don't think it would be that hard.

Wisdom, though, that's a toughie. Part of it could be "have you ever done something stupid? Did you ever do it again?". Wisdom, I believe, is learning from your experiences, right?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

"have you ever done something stupid? Did you ever do it again?

Mmm a bit vague.

Sorry for asking but, why are we doing this as so many have been done before? A very good one was made that asked loads of well though questions. Are you aware of that?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:26 am
Seigneurial Lord

Hmm... I think what they say in NWN is: An absent minded professor has hy INT and low WIS... so maybe a game of memory for wisdom :P

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thats good. But perhaps short term memory is more of an intelligence test. Wheras long term is Wisdom?

Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next