It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Neverwinter Nights II 
Minor Diety

Post Neverwinter Nights II
Can't find a demo out there. Anyone planning on getting this? How good is it? A let down like NWN I?

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:35 am
Minor Diety

There isn't a demo out yet afaik...and according to the first reviews I read the game isn't the RPG juggernaut we all hoped for. :( I mean, the general consensus is that the game is cool and atmospheric, but also that it's been sloppily made and contains quite a few bugs...that's the second time Obsidian manages to mess up a much-anticipated sequel by being sloppy (KotOR II anyone?).

I guess I'll buy it when it goes budget or something...meanwhile I'll be having a lot of fun with (apparently) real top games like Medieval II and Dark Messiah. And Football Manager 2007. :) And hope Bioware or Bethesda come back to the scene with another top class RPG (Bethesda is working on Fallout 3).

- Coach

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:22 am
Minor Diety

Oh dear, Bethesda on F3? Let me guess, a 3D PS3 based title?

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:26 am
Minor Diety

Hehe, very little is known about Fallout 3 so far. And as you know, Bethesda is not exactly straightforward with information about their games...so it'll be some time before we know anything about Fallout 3 other than that they're working on it. :(

There are some screens circulating on the web but they're remnants from Black isle's work (before they went bankrupt) and according to Bethesda they pretty much started over all again...so probably not representative.

- Coach

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:33 am
Stranger

Anyone has this already, yo americanos, go buy it, bõstra :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:25 pm
Minor Diety

meh nwn2... first one was a let down, not bad but not great, fell far below the standards of bg/iwd and had crappy 3d graphics that were terrible. All hail isometric view!

As above, i'll probably buy it when it goes budget.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

About NwN1, may i suggest not playing this after a game of IWD2 or BG2. NwN will suck so bad, you will wonder how on earth the game is so popular! :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:47 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:07 am
Minor Diety

Mm, about the general reaction I've been hearing: good game, definitely worth playing, but buggy. I'm getting sick and tired of playing bugged games on release...I mean, a few bugs in MASSIVE games like Oblivion, ok...but when a 'normal' game is riddled with bugs - minor or otherwise- I get annoyed. That just means they haven't thoroughly tested it, which means that they're taking you for a suckah.

I don't know ANY other industry where it's acceptable to release 'broken' products and just patch them along the way. Sure, it happens in other industries, but nowhere as systematic as in the games world. It sucks.

So, I'm just gonna wait until the game is properly patched and (hopefully) downpriced. I'll be replaying Kotor 2 in a few weeks too, now that the fanbase (!) has almost completed its restoration project. I mean, wtf...can you imagine a group of fans working on a movie to make up the crappy original editing? :?

P.S. moving this topic to RPG forum

- Coach

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:44 am
Felix Rex

I don't know ANY other industry where it's acceptable to release 'broken' products and just patch them along the way.

Microsoft

Rinox wrote:
I mean, wtf...can you imagine a group of fans working on a movie to make up the crappy original editing? :?

The Phantom Edit

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

i know i'm probably biased, but it's fucking great so far, graphics are better actually in game then the stills, the cutscene conversations are a major improvement, and the npc's have far more character. also the offal campaign doesn't bore the shit out of you.

only bad points are that the combat action is a single (!) action, and the 3.5 bardsong is ssshhhiitteee!!!!!

my 2p.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:57 pm
Minor Diety

Not being a star wars nerd I looked up the Phantom Edit, and ok, I guess it kinda qualifies. But according to wikipedia they mostly deleted scenes (and Jar-jar Binks) and trimmed the dialogue. Basically, it wasn't that the movie wasn't finished, but it just sucked. :)

I suppose MS qualifies as an industry. :P

- Coach

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 pm
Stranger

I saw it on sale, couldnt resist. I was actually looking for battlefield 2k but couldnt find that so i got the NWN2.

Just finished installing, now patching it. I just hope the combat is more varied than in the first NWN where i just watched the barbarian henchman smack the living shit out of people :D

I wish i could create my own personal time bubble where i could play warhammer online :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:16 pm
Minor Diety

Barbarians beating the shit out of stuff eh? That sounds an awful lot like my game too. :twisted: hehe...let me know how it is. I'm planning to solo the game, as a Dwarven Defender of course. ;)

- Coach

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:37 pm
Stranger

Well how should i put it, the game is friggin awesome :D. It improves on every aspect of the previous NWN apart from the loading times.

The first thing i (or all who played NWN) noticed the more natural feal to the protagonist and his followers. They move more like a living being should move and they feel more "human"

The enviroment has more natural feel to it aswell. Not saying NWN had something wrong but the game felt more like someones dream rather than plague torn city (comparing to the original story excl expansions).

I've encountered some small errors here and there, mostly about peoples text lines, but never had the game crash on me.

I cant really tell how far i am, without giving away any spoilers, lets just say that they call me Captain now :D

And now the reason why i am writing this posting, I need help with a riddle. Basically what i need are three numbers:

1. First number has the riddle:
2. Second number has the riddle:
3. Third number has the riddle:

Ill get back to you on this, i forgot the riddles :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next