It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Neverwinter Nights II 
I lent my copy to my cousin so he keeps calling all the time, hey how does this work, what do i do with that :D

Im not that hopeless :wink:

And btw can any1 tell me where can i get second key for the collectors vault, i got 1 from collector, but door still needs another1, also i didnt figured out how to mine :) and cus elephant steped on my ear im not compadible to compete with Cain from "Bandcamp"

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:22 am
Felix Rex

Did that last sentence make any sense to anyone?

Btw, Shiny and I are Lan gaming this...we're in the city of Neverwinter, working for the watch. With a badge, my chaotic evil nature can truly assert itself. I killed thieves, I kill guards, everyone dies. :)

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I think he needs "the second key" for some "collectors vault" +
Isn't able to win "Cain" from "Bandcamp".

Btw, isn't chaotic evil unable to love/like anyone, including himself? They shouldn't be truly conscious that they exist at all, imo.
Killing everyone implies a psycho rather.. who can have a random alignment.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

My understanding was it broke down like this

Lawful - Follows the law
Neutral - Follows or doesn't follow the law in an effort to strive for a balance
Chaotic - ignores the law entirely

Good - does everything for the good of whatever...good of man, good of the party, whatever.
Neutral - doesn't give a damn one way or another
Evil - enjoys inflicting pain and suffering.

so ... lawful good would be someone that follows the law and tries to do good.
lawful evil is someone that follows the law to cause pain to other (lawyers)
chaotic good is someone that doesn't pay attention to law in their goal to be good.
chaotic evil... someone that ignores the law completely in their desire to inflict pain and suffering. :)

That's my take on it, at least. I may be off base. And I'm sure there are plenty of D&D websites that will define the alignments ad nauseum.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That about sums it up Satis...there's a good page in Wikipedia too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_ ... _&_Dragons)

Just think of my RPG dwarven characters when you think of Chaotic Evil. Or my KOTOR characters...pretty much the embodiment of Chaotic Evil. :P

- Coach

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:12 am
Emperor

Btw, isn't chaotic evil unable to love/like anyone, including himself? They shouldn't be truly conscious that they exist at all, imo.

There is a nice phrase: His greed/hatred/... has eaten him. Nothing else remained.
The list of Chaotic Evil characters on the Wikipedia's page should be nice reference.

Quote:
Killing everyone implies a psycho rather.. who can have a random alignment.

Chaotic Evil => Destruction
Destruction =/=> Chaotic Evil

Heh... I was nearly always playing as a Good's character. That is the way I like it.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well, i don't think greed/hatred has eaten my characters in, say, KOTOR. Just a complete disregard for other people's feelings and a lust for power, unlimited power!!

greed and hatred are just side effects of the quest for power. :) The more money I have and the more people I kill, the more powerful I become.

Not sure how it would explain my tendency to start battles in which I'm heavily outnumbered (like the sand people camp in KOTOR)...maybe there is an element of bloodlust there? Or just an inherent cockiness that comes with wanting to be supremely powerful?

- Coach

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:40 am
Emperor

Minor note: Power was enclosed in "..." and other mentioned patterns are of course optional.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

My character just enjoys killing. Hence I slit three different defenseless peoples' throats during the village battle. But he's not psychotic...well...not completely. :) Besides, he's a cleric that follows a chaotic evil god. So I'd be telling the truth if I said that god made me do it.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe...with the KOTOR-style alignment system in NWN2, I dread to think how my RPG alter ego will fare there. :roll: Apparently it's impossible to solo though, which is something of a bummer. My alter ego doesn't like party members much, unless they're equally insane (Korgan, Edwin) or robots (HK-47).

- Coach

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Emperor

A psychopath is defined as having no concerns for the feelings of others and a complete disregard for any sense of social obligation. They seem egocentric and lack insight and any sense of responsibility or consequence. Their emotions are thought to be superficial and shallow, if they exist at all. They are considered callous, manipulative, and incapable of forming lasting relationships, let alone of any kind of love.

Fuck me if that isn't chaotic evil. So I retreat from the field of calling psychopath non-chaotic evil. But with the other I will stick.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Kinda thought I would give an update. This game has way way to much dialog which is a bummer but..... the game play itself is not all the bad. Then the problems with constant bugs start to get on your nerves and mind you this is after the first patch. Normally I am not one to bitch about bugs but this is damn near ridiculus. The party members AI broke so they did not follow anymore or cast spells or anything in fights - so what was the point other than some characters are needed for certain quests. The game simply crashes randomly. I can fail at pick pocketing people and nothing ever bad happens for it. BLah blah - it is all starting to get annoying and the sad thing is.... I think it would have been a good game as for play if not for these issues. Game companies really need to release the game when it is ready and not before.... this is why it make me even more mad..... Satis and I had to go out and buy 2 copies of this game to play together to the tune of about $90.00 and I also needed a new graphics card to play it which satis bought for me but I believe it was about $150.00 - and then the game does not even run right? sound right to anyone..... I am very disappointed.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:08 am
Minor Diety

Anyone know if the (non-beta) 1.03 patch is out yet? I wanna start the game but not in its unpatched bugness glory.

- Coach

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:09 am
Count

Satis looked for a patch last night and did not find one so I will say no.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:44 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next