It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Conan 
Count

Yes, you have a noob island that you are usually around level 20 before you can leave, because you have to do things you'd die doing at lower levels.

I must say I am enjoying this game a lot. It is about time I start looking for a guild though. I enjoy MMO's for the people (as much as I hate them) so it'd be nice to have a group to fall back on for big outings.

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:19 pm
Felix Rex

There really aren't any BIG things. Not like in Vanguard where there are truly monstrous creatures to kill. It may still be coming, I guess, but I'd be surprised.

There's actually a button in game to record video. I haven't tried it yet... I'm curious if it'll replace fraps.

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

But i have a drinkin cape, which gives me free unlimited booze. But i dont drink :D (ingame or not).

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 am
Minor Diety

There really aren't any BIG things

THIS isn't big enough for you?

Been checking some screens out, and i must say i'm really tempted to go out and get the game. With 2 months of holiday coming up i'd be addicted in no time perhaps.

Btw you've got a rhino yet? (not sure how/if you can get one with the class you're playing, the lvl you are etc. , but i've seen some pics of them and they look mighty cool)

*edit*
Just checked 'can you run it' .. i beat minimum requirements but don't get to recommended specs .. BOO.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:46 am
Felix Rex

lol, it's worth upgrading for. Shiny's running it on a geforce 8600gt, 1 gig of RAM and a core2duo e6300. I have an 8800gt, 2 gigs of RAM and the same processor. The memory and card make a difference, but she can still run it with no problems.

Anyway, I hadn't seen anything big like that yet. But I'm only level 36. Regarding mounts, no, I don't have a rhino or any other mount. I know you can get horses at level 40... I have no idea about rhinos and such. Since I didn't preorder I don't get the war mammoth. :(

The problems with mounts are the level req (level 40) and the expense. To learn how to ride a mount is 1 gold. To buy one is 2 gold. I currently have like 16 silver. My guess is 100 silver per gold... at this rate I'll be like level 50 before I can afford a horse.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

According to sys reqs lab, my laptop can run Conan. Lmfao. Just by a margin of course.

But seriously, the last very recent game I've tried to play on my laptop is NWN2, and my gfx card wouldn't show parts of the game (background parts, but still). So, not too confident about Conan. :P

You'd be surprised how many great games are available with lower sys reqs, for a good price. The entire Sam & Max season 1 pack had me laughing a LOT. Classy stuff, even the newest episodes are a mere 9 dollar a piece.

- Coach

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:19 pm
Minor Diety

Sam and Max is great. I still have to finish the last season though.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:22 pm
Stranger

The first mounts are pointless, they are slow as hell and mobs take you down realy easy. Save the money.

The game works stable. Very stable infact. But the PVP is totally broken. Alot of classes can 1hitkill other people and Tempest of Set for instance has ridiculous DPS for a healer. Ranger is probably the best for PVPing at the moment. Herald of Xotli can basically 1hitkill every other class except guardian but after the inital damage guardian will be so low on health that any random spell will finish him off.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:51 am
Felix Rex

hah, glad I don't PvP. :p Shiny and I joined a guild yesterday, we thought it was about time. I think it's a PvP guild since we have a keep. But I don't really know how any of that stuff works. I don't plan on really doing much with the guild until level 50ish or so.

We're currently futzing around in some mountainy area in Cimmeria. I forget the name. We'd cleared the lvl 20-40 area in Aquilonia and needed more quests to help us level and get cash. I'm currently level 37 with Shiny barely behind at level 36.

So, the level low level horses suck? Well, that's no good. I was hoping for something that would allow me to move a little faster around the rather large areas. :/

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That dragon is pretty cool, not *quite* as big as some of the stuff in WoW I think, but it's hard to properly compare without actually being in game and stood next to it ;) Keep being tempted by AoC but with the 2 months free EQ2 and being addicted to Horizons (my dragon is closing in on becoming ancient; we're pretty big when ancient!) there's no point. Plus I did an online check to see how AoC would run on my pc... it would run on min but not recommended...

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Plus I did an online check to see how AoC would run on my pc... it would run on min but not recommended...

Heh join the club!

From what i'm reading there are still issues with AoC, like people on foot going faster than people with horses ... that's going to be fixed soon appearantly.

The more i read about it, the more i want to buy it. The wife is keeping her fingers tight on the moneypurse though. Can't blame her (why are belgians burn with a brick in the stomach .. if that's an expression), but Conan is tempting ... mm that sounds a bit weird.

Meh i'll rant about it some more here. That might help, or not.

Oh i think guilds can build keeps that can be besieged by other guilds .. or something. So it's a PvP thing yeah.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:02 am
Minor Diety

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 am
Minor Diety

If you want to check out a video about mounted combat:click

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:22 am
Stranger

Enjoy this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw

There are actually two guild thingies in the game. 1 is the Keep, which can not be sieged by other players but at some distant future it will be attacked by NPC armies.

Then theres the Fort or battle keep or something in that direction, which will be contested by guilds. As i understand it can not be sieged 24/7, there are some rules that apply to this.

Anyway the game mechanics are very broken atm. Debuffs that dont wear off, buffs that show endless duration, people stuck in endless fear/sprint etc. The servers are stable but everything else is questionable.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:38 am
Minor Diety

Does mounted combat suck that hard in this game or is the guy playtesting that some noob?

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next