It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Return to the Frozen North - Stories of Icewind Dale 
Stranger

This is the farthest i have come, playing IWD2, so from here on its unfamiliar territory for me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:46 pm
Minor Diety

Whoops, I'll stop spoiling then. :) But things will get complicated a few times now, so don't hesistate to ask for help if you need it! (complicated quest-wise, not to much the battles)

- Coach

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:52 am
Stranger

Im in the dragons eye or was it serpents eye? anyway, i found this cool throwing axe that does lightning damage. Just have to position the thrower right so he doesnt hurt teammates because it damages everything in its path.

Anyway off to play!

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:48 am
Stranger

Spent entire yesterday playing. Finally made it into severed hand. Everything is going ok, had some trouble with the lich on the way. In the end i lost my rogue but by that time he had spent all his spells so i moved my party in, had the cleric cast purge invisibility and down he went. I hate the improved invisibility spell.

I have the pommel jewel for holy avenger but i might have missed the sword. Any hints where to look for it?

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:01 am
Minor Diety

If with pommel jewel you mean "Medallion of the Lost Followers" you got all that you need. If you need more information just ask, don't want to spoil too much. I think you need to be in Kuldahar for the sword, Ox will correct me if i'm wrong.

Just one thing: Don't expect you can just get such a great sword without running into any troubles :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:28 am
Minor Diety

Hehehe yeah, getting your hands on the Holy Avenger is a bit of a pain. :twisted: Well not as much getting your hands on it as getting away with it alive...you'll see what we mean.

Like J said, you have to return to Kuldahar to the graveyard area. (the one previously full of undead and the cleric of Bane) Investigate the graves...one of them will summon the Holy Avenger if you click it. :)

Oh, and if you're already IN the severed hand you'll have to get rid of the demon guardian, I think. Or maybe they just prevent the slaves from leaving, I forgot.

- Coach

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:40 am
Stranger

And so the adventure comes to an end. With the cambion twins gone, the Icy north is once again safe.

The final fight wasnt that hard. I used bless, protection from evil, mass haste and some other spells before the fight. I dropped 3 nameds before the blasphemy was cast. After the stun i sent my fury after the summoner around the corner, 2 hits and it was dead. Lured isaire away with my rogue and then sent my assault team (:D) to hack away on madae.

Got some help from the monk who was becoming a lemur. so he pounded away madaes stoneskin while i took out summons and summoners.

The guardian of crossroads was defenatly the hardest fight. I defeated the Xvim demon. i did in two runs, first run i killed his minions then escaped downstairs, healed blessed, hasted, protected i returned and he went down fast. I think i used blunt weapons, except for fury, he used the +5 greatsword of soulless, the one that is not cursed but drains hp.

Edit: This was on normal difficulty.

This topic can now fade into the history as do the heroes of the Icewind Dale.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:51 am
Minor Diety

Hehehe, nice one Peltz...congrats! Glad you didn't give up at the Guardian. :)

Did you go and get the Holy Avenger btw? Or just did the last part of the game without it? Cos that's a tough fight too.

I didn't have the monks helping me out in the final battle...I don't think it's an option if you choose to side with Xvim, but I could be wrong.

- Coach

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:41 pm
Stranger

Did you release the prisoners next to the guy who gives you the illmater quest? You know to purify the pool? If you choose to fight xvim, and then purify the pool, Isaire and Madae cant heal in the second part.

In the prison next to the illmater priest is a coupla monks and a dude that has been changed into lemur, if you get the cure for him then he will be there to help you in the final battle.

And i didnt get the Holy Avenger. I managed without it and i had no paladin to wield it anyway :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:53 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I found the monks and talked to them, but when I was doing the battle with all the "bosses" from the past at the top of the cleric's tower I couldn't 'pick up' the gear dropped by the Head Cleric. I think the cure for the monk was in his stuff. :(

Ah well...not like i needed the fuckers. :) I knew that siding with ilmater purified the pool; but I figured I'd rather not fight any demons so sided with Xvim instead. ;) And the holy avenger ownz j00!!

- Coach

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:28 am
Minor Diety

I've been playing IWD 2 again these days. Im stuck.

This bit here...

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddalei ... levtwo.php

Ive opened and explored all the rooms and the only 3 things left alive are the Ice Golem Champion in game room, Nickedemus, and that Genie.

I've killed the thing that turns into a tornado, and then i talked to those ice troll things and they went away. But i dont know what to do now. When i talk to Nickedemus and select "Ready to collect on that favour?". He says, "Not yet"

Any ideas?

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm
Stranger

You are supposed to go outside now, where you fought the rhemorazz and Isaire.

The ice barrier is down and you can now go forward. The favour nick is talking about, is part of the main story line and he will call for you later.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:25 pm
Minor Diety

But ive been to the airship and back several times to check if its been repaired, and still nothing.

Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:24 pm
Stranger

Hmm ok let me think, mmmmm (thinking), ok as i remember there was this one guy in the prison with anti magic aura, he had to be released. Then all the named frost maidens have to be dead. (if the balloon is still there then you have missed someone) Hmm the painting, have you explored all its possible destinations?

Rinox some advice here :D

Funny coz i never got lost in there.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 am
Minor Diety

I freed all the prisoners, but without talking to them.

I think i've killed everything hostile.

I kind of neglected the painting a little. I'll play about with the painting and see what happens.

EDIT: Ah yes, its solved now. I stumbled accross Nathaniel again. I forgot about him because Nickedemus has a similar name. :D

As you can tell, im skipping most of the dialogues.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next