It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Lineage II 
Felix Rex

Post Lineage II
So, a friend of mine convinced me to download Lineage II (MMO) and try it out with a trial account.

OMFG... it sucks. It sucks so hard. The graphics suck. The gameplay sucks. It just sucks. Have I mentioned it sucks?

There are 4 races... humans, elves, dark elves, and orcs. There are 2 classes... fighter and mystic. Fighter = basher, mystic = caster (including damage and healing). So I chose mystic.

I have 1 regular attack (which blows), one spell attack, and a self heal. And that's all. I got up to like level 5 and...err...I haven't noticed a difference. I still have 1 attack spell and a self heal. The spells can get interrupted if I'm being attacked. So, basically, if it's not a 1 shot kill, I'm going to get pwnt. I managed to find one quest so far that had me running back and forth across the town to deliver... a love letter... and a handkerchief... and a love potion....

So, yea, don't bother. This game puts the G in Lamz0r.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

My god, 2 classes!? :o lol, that sounds shit. I know the Japs love it.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:48 am
Minor Diety

Ahhh but they like grinding games. I play Silkroad, a korean game, and while there are lots of quests, they all along the lines of "kill x amount of y monster" or "find x amount of y item by killing z monster". Same with another one Im beta testing called Archlord.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, that's basically what lineage II is. A massive grind fest. At least at this point. Same thing..kill this, kill that, kill a bunch of these to get these things they drop, etc etc.

Anyway, I'm still playing it because the dude insists...I'm still not enjoying it, though now I have 2(!!!!eleven!!1) attack skills. WOW!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

zomg! ph34r teh 1337zor S4t1s!!!111!!!231! *bows down in awe*

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Man, unless the guy has lots of cash or has really nice boobs I don't know why you are still playing that -clearly- super crap game. :)

You must be SO bored!

- Coach

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:02 pm
Felix Rex

yea...I'm bored. But the guy has cash... he gave me 500,000 gold (not gold, I forget the dumb name they have) so I bought all the best equipment available where I am. I now have 3 (!!!!) spells, including a heal other type spell. The guy's like level 20 (to my 10) and took me into a dungeon where he got my ass killed. Then he tried to rez me and got killed... so...anyway.... it's not complete torture any more, but I'm still not entranced by any means. The graphics are still ugly. The shit's still way too anime. And the depth appears to be about what you'd expect from a kiddie pool. But we'll see, I still have like 10 days left on my trial.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

Quote:
The last thing anyone stateside wants is another boring, cookie-cutter Korean leveling treadmill MMO, pretty as they may be. You can keep 'em.

Seriously, every time I see a new Lineage 2 update, the graphics get me. I start to think "Well maybe..." and that's as far as I get before I remember how two-dimensional that game was.

Satis = Tim Buckley? :)

- Coach

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:54 pm
Felix Rex

haha....except I don't think the graphics are pretty. There's some graphical niceties there, but mainly it looks really, really dated. And I've got everything turned all the way up. I don't get it.

Anyway...I'm playing it on and off...I hit level 14, so now I get more skills.... but I'm still bored. At least my skill list isn't depressing anymore...I'm probably up to 8 or 10 now.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]