It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Vanguard 
Minor Diety

yeah Targonor is NA, there's only 1 or 2 EU servers I think, 1 normal and 1 pvp maybe? *unsure*

Anyhoo I've been on Peltz, well last night I wasn't, I was on WoW but I'm on most nights. I was on Monday but you kept logging in and out every 5 mins :P hehe. Been busy during the daytime though with work. *sulks* still, day off tomorrow!

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Is there any other result from Diplomacy other than the temporary buff inside the city perimeter?

Does diplomacy unlock new adventure skills or anything for that matter?

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:39 pm
Felix Rex

Crafting annoys me now... there are just way too many complications happening. It's frustrating when it's hard to turn out grade a jute cloth. That shouldn't be hard at level 8.

Oh, and I took 3 crafting quests yesterday...signed off... signed on earlier today, did them, then went to turn them in and.... suddenly I didn't have them any more. So I wasted a bunch of time doing these work orders and didn't get my xp and cash from them. Total ripoff. I may have to hold off on crafting for a bit.

I did sell some more bags. I think I put 2 more up for sale. I'm at over 1.6 gold now. :)

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

In my opinion the fastest way to get crafting exp is doing difficult recipes and just grinding through them @ 0-5% quality. You will be losing cash like this but its a small sacrifice for the xp.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:36 pm
Felix Rex

agreed, the way I was getting xp was to grab the moderate difficulty ones asking for 1 item and doing those in a C or D rating. Even wtih a D rating, each completed work order was still a noticeable increase in XP. So long as you're not getting jerked around by having the work order suddenly disappear. :)

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just so everybody knows: my trial ran out while down with pc probs. I might buy the game though, so don't despair!

- Coach

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:33 am
Felix Rex

so, I'm still level 19, but getting very very close to 20. Looking forward to it. :) Still only a level 9 crafter. But anyways, thought I'd share a few things.

First, a tweak guide I found. Dunno how well it works, but hey, it's something.

http://vanguardvault.ign.com/View.php?v ... etail&id=5

and secondly a screenie. Check out the guy's name and check out the text in his dialog, specifically the last sentence.

damn attachments crap out on big screenshots. Anyway, here's a link
http://clankiller.com/stuff/frodangreem ... renton.JPG

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I haven't been on VG in a while. The last few times I played it, I just explored. I can't be arsed with levelling up in that game; slow I like but not standstill, and I have yet to find any decent groups that aren't all about rushing. Crafting also got tedious and diplomacy, while I enjoy it, isn't holding me over. So I'm back to WoW whilst debating over whether I should pay for this in march when my free trial runs out. We'll see; it's a gorgeous, huge world that I'd enjoy exploring, but you can't do that properly without levelling.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 am
Felix Rex

Pevil....omg.....you'd choose WoW over Vanguard? What level are you? I found myself seriously starting to dig the game starting around level 12... I started to become alot more mobile. Now that I've hit level 20 almost, I can go virtually anywhere (except the really high level areas) without fear of getting pwnt. The game is so expansive.

heh... I drug a level 21 4 dot monster into one of the outposts a few days ago. It was hilarious... it just slaughtered everyone. I didn't mean for THAT to happen...I was hoping the guards would kill the bastard since he was part of a quest and was rediculously hard. So I ended up hiding inside the keep while everyone got slaughtered in the courtyard. It was pretty hilarious. Afterward there were all kinds of recriminations flying around and some poor bastard that was nowhere near got blamed. heh....err...anyway. I feel bad, I really do. :roll:

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm lvl 10, I don't like the grouping aspect. I'm a lone explorer mostly, so its not suiting me. People don't want to group and explore, they want to group and level. I much prefer the gameworld, looks and mechanics to WoW but it just aint happening for me right now. Plus I know RL people in WoW which make it interesting for me.

I just need them to remake UO with a brand new world. *sigh* I'd kill for that. UO is THE MMO, with Horizons close behind, and whilst VG is the nearest to the world I'd like, its too laggy and everything is too... levelly. Give me skillups, not level ups. *goes to mourn UO*

but yeah its not decided yet, I may keep both of them going, but I've been ignoring VG recently.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:46 pm
Felix Rex

hah....what char are you? And on what server?

Anyway, I'm a cleric, so I can solo almost anything. I spend most of my time soloing...only the high-end content do I need to group for. My DPS is pretty low though, so it may take me awhile. I was killing level 22 snakes and bears yesterday on the way to New Targanor.

Farming's alot faster with one or two more people along. I usually hang out with Shiny and/or two guys I know from work. If all 4 of us are together we totally clean up.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Im a level 21 DreadKnight on Tarangor. I cant solo shit but im a decent tank :D

Anyway, ive been grouping with 1 shaman and 1 psi and we can take care most of which is thrown at us.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:14 am
Minor Diety

Bah, you bastards better keep playing for when i get the full game!

- Coach

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next