It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Vanguard 
Minor Diety

Hehe, I just browsed the international jobs cos nobody wanted me here and found it there...I also applied for a job in Frankfurt translating games for Nintendo, but they didn't want me in the end. :roll:

And well, it certainly is a hassle in terms of contracts, worker registering, social security, open a local bank account, finding a place etc. etc. But they pay my plane ticket, meet me at the airport and take me to my temporary accomodation. From there on I gotta find my own way and my own place. The bright side is that I'd be working together with Dutchies, so I get some first-hand info (and hopefully help) about finding a place in my own language. That will help. :)

Hope to be online again soon there...and yeah, they have internet. ;) :P Apparently the city even offered free wireless internet spanning over entire city parts. :o But that was abandoned cos the commercial providers sued them for unfair competition or something. But yeah, they've got internetz.

- Coach

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:43 pm
Felix Rex

http://forums.tentonhammer.com/showthre ... adid=10848

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea the article is as full of shit as the game. As soon as Warhammer online and lotr online hit the market, vanguard is really stumble over itself.

Just too many things that make no sense and too much grinding.

And its not the competition that kills the game, the devs will take care of that for sure.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:43 am
Felix Rex

I actually think that VG will be good as long as SOE keeps its grubby little paws off it. LoTR looks like WoW...I don't think it's going to come to much. It seems simplistic. Not sure about Warhammer.

Honestly, I think Conan would be a bigger competitor. Whereas in VG you can have a house on a plot of land (plots are preallocated), in Conan you build cities. Conan will have horse-borne combat (VG supposedly will eventually) I dunno.

But VG is fun to me. It doesn't feel like a massive grind. I played Lineage 2...that was a horrible grind. Horrible. Here I actually enjoy doing missions and I like killing crap. And the crafting is cool. :)

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yeh ive been pushed to the point of where i dont want to beta test anymore. I dont want to pay for a game that will be "normal playability" in 2009.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:18 am
Minor Diety

How will the mounted combat of Conan work? Will it be anything like Mount & Blade (the demo is free, and quite worth it to check out anyway)?

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:43 am
Minor Diety

damn you arathorn, now i'm gonna have to download that. anything with mounted combat gets my interest *shakes fist*

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I dunno how it's handled. Supposedly you get major combat bonuses for fighting from horseback too, but I don't know any specifics. Sorry.

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm too hungover to read all the posts. Is this game any good. Someone said the word "complex" and that immediately drew my attention. Spill the beans!

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:28 am
Stranger

Id say its a good game in 2009.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 am
Felix Rex

hehe...I like it. With my new system I can run it at 1280x1024 with absolutely everything maxed and have a very playable framerate. Man, it's pretty. I may install fraps and get some vids.

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How's everybody doing in Vanguard? Think about my dwarven smith when you're crafting a superior item. :cry: ;)

Oh and I hate Satis and his new pc. Especially the former. :)

- Coach

Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:25 am
Felix Rex

heh....My cleric is level 36 and a level 23 Tailor.

Here's an item I made not too long ago:
http://clankiller.com/stuff/booyah.JPG

not that means much to you, since you don't play.

I also have a level 12 sorcerer / 11 Artificer, but he doesn't really count.

And Shiny bought a boat. :( I wish I had a boat. heheh. That's ok. I'll get one soon enough. Or grind my artificer to being able to build one.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9