It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Vanguard 
Felix Rex

I don't think you need to worry about that. I have a feeling I'll be playing for a long time. I mean...I don't even have a flying mount yet, much less a boat or a house. :)

Some videos

A short video of a hot faerie. Look for a repeat when I build my new box, but next time with the graphics turned way up.

http://clankiller.com/stuff/hawt_faerie.wmv

And here's some Satis the Cleric combat. This is how I fight at level 20, taking on a level 18 3 dot.

http://clankiller.com/stuff/cleric_combat_at_lvl_20.wmv

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Defencive warriors suck bad, i have a really hard time soloing a level 19 3dot at 22. The only thing that really has changed from level 15 is that i have more hp, the damage is roughly the same unless i get a critical hit, then i do more damage but other than that wars just suck.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:21 am
Felix Rex

well, wars aren't really meant to do damage, I'm sure. I love a good meat shield in my group to suck up the damage. When we aggro 4 lvl 22 4 dots, I'm dead in seconds. But a good meat shield can suck it up for awhile, especially with me dropping heals on him. In the meantime the casters hurl pain at the mobs.

Anyway, I think I'm one of the blessed classes for soloing. I can suck up some damage, I can self heal, and I can do moderate amounts of damage. Most casters do alot of damage, but can't take hits and can't self-heal, while most fighters either don't do damage or don't tank well.

But that may be just me bragging about my cleric class, since I really dig it. :) I'm level 21 now....level 22 is half a level away.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

its' not just you satis, clerics are hated by others who don't have one. they're the current target of the "zomg its so much better than my class, nerf it!" cries

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

meh, let em whine. AD&D got it right when they made clerics a tanking, beating class. If all you do is standi in the back of the group healing the people doing the rael work, where's the reward? It's like Guild Wars, watching health bars and not much else. With a cleric here, you get to have fun and do some hands-on smacking or pulling aggro off the poor casters. It sucks being the only one not doing any damage to anyone.

Anyway, bleh, I don't have a problem with clerics owning, but then again I may be coming from a slightly jilted viewpoint. On an alternative viewpoint, I'm VERY jealous of ranger and rogue stealthing abilities. I wish I could go invisible so I could recover my corpse. :)

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well if you got good rogue or ranger friend you can have them drag your corpse out of a dungeon, its like the coolest idea i have seen in a long time in MMO.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:23 am
Minor Diety

hehe yes I do admit I LOVE my stealth. Corpse runs can be annoying enough anyway, at least for me they're only annoying coz I move slowly while stealthing, if I attracted more monsters/corpses on my way I'd get very, very pissed off.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, shiny and I had to corpse run to the bottom of a mine the other day. Was quite annoying. I had no armor and was wielding a backup weapon. We actually did quite well...thankfully the dungeon was probably several levels lower than us. Just the respawns at the bottom caught us off guard.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well if you got good rogue or ranger friend you can have them drag your corpse out of a dungeon, its like the coolest idea i have seen in a long time in MMO.

:o Suddenly, grouping with Pev becomes slightly more bearable again. Slightly. ;)

- Coach

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:48 am
Felix Rex

hah! You get that little box of yours to run VG yet? :p

Well, a few things...since the last patch, my computer now blue screens with nvidia driver errors damned near regularly. I may have to rip and reinstall my graphic and chipset drivers again. And I looked up when I get my tax return (and thus next computer) back from the IRS... March 6th. :( So I should start building it in just under 2 weeks. I guess that's ok...this way I get to have more cash on hand for the building.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I shall quote one of my guildmates, "Poor defencive fighters, the world doesnt move without them and yet they are utterly useless outside of a group" :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:06 am
Minor Diety

hah! You get that little box of yours to run VG yet? :p

:P That 'little box' pwnz yours! Well, for another two weeks. If it would actually work. :cry: But no, i didn't figure it out yet...simply because I'm working on a translation still which means I don't want to shortfuse the entire box before finishing that. I should have it done by today tho, so I'll probably open it tomorrow and switch out RAM.

Other complications: I'm very likely moving to Prague somewhere next week. So I can't haul around my server case around there...it'll be a lonely few weeks with no internet (well, maybe at work) and no gaming...gah. I'm thinking of ways to get my pc there, but if it's not working properly then what's the point right? FInding a Czech repair shop won't be easy. :P Let alone hauling a server case around on public transport.

Anyway, complications, complications...

- Coach

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:49 am
Felix Rex

Prague? You're not moving permanently, are you?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Actually, kinda semi-permanently. I'm gonna work and live there for (probably) a year or longer. I figured I might as well go abroad if I can't find a job here, and have some fun.

downside: I'll be on a crappy Czech wage. Of course it'll be enough to live there but not to buy luxury products like a super pc and what have you. :( So...lots of questions. One thing's for sure: as long as I can't get this baby to Prague, there will be no Vanguard for me. :( It was hard on this pc already, so nevermind what it does for a laptop. Maybe I can work WoW - we'll see. Could be that my wage doesn't allow monthly fees. :cry:

Anyhoo, weird times. Just make sure all you bitches stay where you are!! ;)

- Coach

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:38 am
Minor Diety

Wow man, this is big, going to Prague and all. Hope it works out fine there. Do they have internet there? :wink:
How did you end up with this plan/job btw?

~King of Thieves~

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next