It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 
Felix Rex

Duke Nukem pwns. I'm still saving my cash for Duke Nukem Forever. Put it in a savings account. At this rate, i'll be able to buy a small country with the proceeds once the game actually ships.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol yes Mole said it was a Duke Nukem ripoff when I told him too ;) Like that's ever coming out... that and Fallout 3 are permanently in our release book at work as "TBC" hehe

Unfortunately, no, he didn't say anything about the levelling up

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I just remembered Satis; there is a new Star Wars game out: Lego Star Wars II: the original trilogy.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/legostarwarsii/

It looks and sounds like a kid's game but it isn't...try the demo, it's relaly quite fun. Metacritic gives it good ratings too

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... tar%20wars

- Coach

Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:37 am
Minor Diety

Yep the original Lego Star Wars was incredibly popular, as #2 has turned out to be (only been out since Friday) but it is very short. You'll probably finish it in a day or 2; the original can be completed in a few hours.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

err, no, thanks. Lego star wars just doesn't do it for me. If I'm playing a star wars game, I either want to massacre rebels or chop people into pieces with a light saber. Lego figures just don't do it for me.

You can't force choke a freakin' Lego Leia. Damnit. Why won't someone write game like that? Where you can replace the original trilogy as a major character, like Darth Vader. I'd just snuff Leia right out of hte gate, blow up Tatooine instead of Dantooine, and crash a star destroyer into cloud city. The possibilities are endless!

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/darkm ... e=previews

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:23 pm
Minor Diety

Well picked up my copy today as it (along with easily 25 other games, if not more, Nightfall included) broke their street release date. Trouble is, I'm still having problems with the cinematics; i.e. they refuse to work at all now! So gonna try updating graphics drivers. Of course, I went to the support site and there is no support yet, as no one has the damned game! hehe.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol @ support...that'll teach you trying to poke our eyes out with the game missy ;) :P

No, but seriously, hope the graphics drivers fix things...cos from the first reports I got the game is really good. So is Medieval 2, and NWN2 is 'only' great...not awesome. We'll see what I say when I get to play them all! ;)

- Coach

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:18 am
Felix Rex

oooh....finally. Time to play some games! I think I'll be making at least one run to the game store this weekend. :twisted:

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

downloaded latest nvidia gfx drivers last night, fixed my problem. Holy Jesus though, the loading times can be insane! After the tutorial, you go to a place called Stonehelm... it took me 10 or 15 mins of loading. Now Ok, I had Fraps/MSN running, but even so. I mean its a 3.5cpu, geforce 6600 256mb ram, and 1gig ram, it still shouldn't take so long to load! I'm running on med/high gfx (kept the defaults that it recommended which are mainly 'high' with the odd medium).

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Post Steam sucks ASS
ok...so...I installed HoMM...long ass install, but whatever. I went ahead and registered for the free skin with ubisoft using a throwaway email account I can easily destroy....

...and tehn Steam kicked in. I guess one long ass install isn't enough. I now have TWO goddamned Steam accounts...one with ubisoft and one with Valve. Would've been nice if they'd given me the option to use another Steam account rather than assuming a new one because of the Ubisoft registration. :/ And now I'm sitting here, waiting for Steam to "install" the game. I already spend 20 minutes installing the fucker...I have to wait ANOTHER 20 minutes until I can play it?

IE...Steam sucks my ass. Thank you for making my gaming experience suck more than it has to. At this rate, it would've been easier to download a cracked copy of HoMM then deal with all the Steaminess. :evil:

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

steam does indeed suck ass. I blame it for my long loads on DM. I also blame it for the new appearance of "New Hardware: Net" everytime I log onto my pc. Bastard fucking thing. Haven't bothered making an account on steam yet though

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Steam hung up or something...I ended up having to end task it. I also ripped/reinstalled my graphics/platform drivers, and now DM is working great. The graphics are pretty, but it's a hard game...takes some getting used to. I have a funny feeling I'll be playing it again with a different build...I'm doing alot of swords and bows, with a little magic on the side...next time I make do magic and sneaking.

And the HDR looks REALLY nice. At this point I'm on an island. No spoilers, since I may be further in than the rest of you guys.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh yeah, that could be possible with me not having the game and all. :?

hehehe. But good to hear that you guys are digging it, even if steam is being a bitch. Good prospects :)

- Coach

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next