It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 
Felix Rex

sorta...you don't get to fight the one eyed bastard. The end is a cutscene of him walking toward you, and that's it. Kinda underwhelming. So you basically only get to kill peons.

However, my biggest fear was that the graphics would totally blow, and it appears that's not the case. So I'll probably be buying it when it comes out.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

ahhh my game locked up at end of that cinematic so i did it all then ;) hehe. graphics are pretty nice, thinking I may well buy it too. See what the money stream is like ;)

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I played the demo a few days ago and I was pleased. :) I was expecting a lot from this game as you know, and while the demo didn't make me want to rave like a madman it confirmed the good vibes.

There were some problems with the brightness (as usual) so that was something of a bummer, but I was happy to notice that the gameplay is really 'fluid' and responsive and that the graphics were cool.

I especially liked fighting with two daggers in the second part of the demo! That was way cool. I don't know if it's possible to use them as throwing weapons in the demo (if it was, I didn't find it) but I can't wait to do it. I loved running under platforms and smacking the support feet when an enemy followed me under them; or lifting up crates and smashing them into my opponents' faces...generally have fun with the physics and environment really. :twisted:

I think that with more time to get used to the controls and more possibility to draw out your character in the skills department this game might very well rock. I trust Arkane will do a great job designing the environments and providing atmosphere. The only question for me is how much fun it'll be. :)

And yeah, wtf @ shortness with that big a download. I sure hope the game won't come on 4 DVD's. :roll: Pev, your probably did it already but maybe try updating your gfx drivers...cos I didn't have any lockup problems either during cinematics.

- Coach

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:37 pm
Minor Diety

http://www.steamreview.org/?p=81

Good news for patches and shit, but I'll probably still buy my copy in the games store like I always do. :)

- Coach

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:18 am
Minor Diety

thats just put me off buying it full price. I'll wait til its cheap, so they can sort out all the shitty bugs steam authentication always has.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well, I never had any problems with steam at all, even though I used it with many games (and play CS from time to time). I did hear about problems with authenticating during the first day or two of a super-duper release (HL2 etc) but still...

- Coach

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:55 pm
Minor Diety

yeah, you shoulda seen the amount of HL2 we got returned thanks to steam...

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe, those suckas are probably sorry now! ;) Missed out on a completely awesome game, the only 'real' shooter worth its salt in recent times too. Well, maybe Prey was ok too...but nothing like HL2.

- Coach

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:23 am
Minor Diety

New DMoMM trailer on steam. Pretty good stuff. :)

- Coach

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:59 pm
Felix Rex

when's that coming out? I'm getting bored.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

nice...hopefully that'll tide me over till Conan or Huxley or Vanguard... and Spore and shiznit.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

bah I hate our Ubisoft rep. He came in today and brought a few more Dark Messiah videos... I'm gonna have to start saving ;) hehe

He showed some videos with a few more tricks. One was why you should choose to be a wizard and was played in the second level (well first 'real' level) from the demo. Some amazing spells.

A couple of examples, the ice trap (lay it on the floor in front of you) makes enemies slip over, leaving them at your mercy (stab them whilst they're on the floor for instant kill)

Another one was levitation. no, not you, the enemies. You can literally levitate them, flinging them into walls or as shown on the demo, onto spike racks. It looked impressively gory.

And my personal fave (the reps fave too), the shrink spell. Shrink your enemy down to size, then squish him with your foot!

The graphics are still looking gorgeous, and the few moments of cinematic that I saw were just as amazing as the start to the demo.

Me. Want. I made a few hints to him about how if he should just happen to have a copy of the game, he could bring it in when he comes back in a couple of weeks ;)

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hehe...sounds good to me. Stupid game needs to hurry up. I'm SOOO bored of guild wars, it's not funny...but I guess I'll save that for that topic.

Er...any further information on the levelling aspects of the game? Are they actually going to have a major impact and allow radically different approaches (a la KOTOR or something) or is it mindless and pointless drivel that doesn't REALLY mean shit? Kinda like Jedi Academy or whatever that was called.

....hmmm...maybe I need another Star Wars game.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Bethesda is working on two Star Trek games...that ok for you? :P hehehehe

But DM looks better and better...I wasn't talking out of my ass when i said that Arkane know what they're doing you know :P Arx Fatalis was teh RPG shit. But they still had (have) to prove their worth making action games; so we'll see.

P.S. The shrink spell is a total Duke Nukem ripoff! :wink:

- Coach

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next