It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 
Stranger

Heh, looks like steam is taking home the world record of pissing off the largest number of gamers in the history of video games.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:23 am
Minor Diety

Yo bitches, tell me if the game is good! I've been hearing complaints about long loading times, but also raves about how cool the combat is. What's the beef?

- Coach

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:05 am
Felix Rex

It's pretty cool. I finished my first go-through with a guy who basically was a basher...shield and sword. Chopping off bishes heads and all that. I'm on a second run through as a back-stabber. I'll probably do a third run as a mage. Overall it's pretty linear, but not bad. It looks pretty good (the HDR looks really good) and the combat can be pretty visceral. There's something freakish about being picked up by a cyclops, thrown across the room, then stepped on. :evil:

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Sounds like fun alright...think I'm gonna try and get my hands on a copy soon. A friend of mine is expecting NWN2 to be delivered at his house today so might borrow that from him too. :)

- Coach

Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:25 am
Minor Diety

There's a patch out for DM which (supposedly) does a lot for the game's overall worth, fixing many of the annoying bugs.

- Coach

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:39 pm
Minor Diety

ooh i'll go check it out. Thanks for no link ox :P *pokes* ;) hehe

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hmmm..for anyone that didn't notice, Gamespot gave this game a REALLY bad rating. a 6.7!

Quote:
The Good: Good death animations.

The Bad: Numerous crashes and glitches get in the way; minimal character building and progression; most of the game's combat is unsatisfying; storyline is almost completely transparent right off the bat.

I think that's a bit harsh.

Bugs: I ran into a few bugs. My indestructible shield disappeared. :( I had various issues with loading into the game... at times the video card just wouldn't switch modes or something and I'd be stuck at a black screen and have to hard-boot my box. That was annoying. But otherwise, I didn't run itno anything major.

Character-building: The protagonist is kinda lame, but I like how you can make his ass evil. :P The story was linear, but your builds are not.. there are major differences between playing a warrior type and a mage or assassin.

Combat: the combat can be pretty visceral. The kicking is pretty over-used. The poison is freakin' annoying. But I love impaling people on spikes, or knocking them down and stabbing them....

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Pssh, the indestructible shield thing is fixed in the patch...well, according to the patch readme anyway. :)

- Coach

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:12 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, I know. Until I read the patch notes I had no idea what happened to my shield. It was cool as hell...people hit me and die, basically. (or at least get tore up pretty good). Then I walk into this room, and next thing I know I suddenly don't have a shield. :?

Anyway...there are definetely problems with the game. Some parts of it are hard. There was one part where I needed a crystal, but I couldn't find it. After googling it (it got that bad) I finally learned it was on a wall...you had to shoot your rope arrow into the ceiling near it, climb up and pluck it out. While zombies endlessly spawn around you.

Other areas are equally frustrating. The "boss battles" can be annoying too... the worm was irritating as hell...lots of reloads. But honestly, the game isnt' bad. The graphics look really nice and it's fun.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, k...I finally got some cash! A huge 100€ :( But I'm thinking of buying a game now, not sure which though! Gah, choices...might not buy anything just to be able to go longer with the cash. We'll see.

- Coach

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:55 am
Felix Rex

well, if it's down to buying one game, I wouldn't spend it on Dark Messiah. Not with other really good games competing for your cash. But since I haven't played any other games, who knows. :P

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, it'll prolly be a tossup between Medieval II and NWN2. On the one hand Medieval seems to be the better game (according to many media sources), on the other I'm an RPG dude and it's been so long since I played a good RPG. :/ I'll decide when i'm at the store I suppose.

- Coach

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4