Post Greatest Games of All Time: BGII: SOA
A Gamespot family special:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6146695/index.html

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:42 pm
Minor Diety

If there's one game that deserves in the hall of fame it's BG 2. I just shudder at the thought that a game like Halo will end up next to it tho. :cry: Best console shooter ever < above-par pc shooter.

Btw, Bioware has started work on a MMORPG and now the biz is full of rumors...will they take over the Star Wars license from SOE? Will they make a BG2 MMORPG? No one knows, but interesting for sure.

cfr penny arcade

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:12 am
Minor Diety

Bioware has said that they want to work on their own IP's from now on. So no more AD&D or Star Wars. Off course they said that before they started a new studio, so maybe it only counts for their Edmonton studio, but I still think (and hope) that it counts for the whole company.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:20 am
Minor Diety

If you manage to bring a romance with Aerie into the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack, she can eventually get pregnant and give birth to a child, which you carry around in your backpack for the rest of the game. Awwww.

What? I never knew that?

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:26 am
Minor Diety

Hahaha...it's true though!! Arathorn is a BG2 n00b!! :P :wink:

- Coach

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:39 am
Minor Diety

As long as I'm beter then derf I'm happy. ;)

I did romance Aerie once, but at that time I didn't have ToB yet.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:02 am
Minor Diety

What? I never knew that?

Hahah! Y0u iz d@ n00bz0rZ!...

Which one is Aerie again? :lol:

I know who it is!

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:11 am
Felix Rex

Aerie's the twit with the stubs on her back. :p

Err...read a story lately that said SOE was not losing the Star Wars license.

link

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

bioware probably = sucky nwn mmo. lol. who knows.

anyway yep, gotta agree, bg2 is the best, and it really does suck that halo or far cry, or even gta will probably end up ranked with it :(

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea...when it comes to greatest games of all time, I think it should be pretty goddamned selective.

Like, for FPS: DOOM. Genre defining. Arena for introducing RPG elements and a massive environment. And that's about it.

RPGs: BG II for characters, depth, immersion, etc. Maybe Arena, Daggerfall or Morrowind (one, not all 3) for bringing the genre to 3d and same reasons it's under FPS

err...etc. Shit like Halo shouldn't even be considered...it did nothing new. Just a surprisingly successful implementation of the same old shit...and only successful on the xbox. The PC version sucked.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yup totally agree. pc halo sucked seriously, and as much as i loved the original on xbox, it was still just another fps... just had a better storyline than most (well... in a way). Whereas rpgs can do things so totally different to any other rpg, and still be in the same category, so its worth checking out the different styles and seeing which work best etc. Let's face it, fps only ever have different guns, different enemys and slightly better graphics than other fps'.

seems rpgs are far more popular than i realised too; on Oblivions release, Godfather was also released. We sold way more Oblivions than Godfathers, which none of us were expecting.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Not exactly the right thread but meh: bought me the IWD collection pack, for the heck of it. My IWD cd's were pretty much fucked so I needed a replacement set. And I've started playing IWD 2 again. :)

My old BG2 cd's are starting to act up as well, so there's good chance i'll buy the BG generation collection too. We'll see. :P

- Coach

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]