It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Huxley (MMO) 
Felix Rex

Post Huxley (MMO)
Just happened to chance onto this.

http://www.huxleygame.com/index.htm

Based on Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, supposedly...though...there weren't any mutants or power sources or anything in Brave New World, but hey. I wouldn't mind some Soma and some nice group sex.

It looks really nice, though

looks like a game to watch.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I dont understand what youre talking about (group sex was all i understood).

Damn those are sexy screens!

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:11 pm
Minor Diety

Been on to this for quite a while - It's coming for the Xbox 360. I might, repeat, MIGHT, concider paying for this one as well as EQ, if my money is ok.

If not, I'll try get a free trial, and see how it goes.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, it's being built for PC and Xbox360.

I agree, the screens are HAUGHT!

As for my references, they're from Brave New World (the book). I highly recommend you read it if you haven't. It's one of Dystopian literature's defining works.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

HAH sorry satis, getting mole to read a book would be funny enough, but he's not likely to read Brave New World... hehe. Actually i never read it yet

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

you guys are incorrigible. That's one of those books that people should be forced to read in high school...and, actually, many people are. I read it on my own, but I like reading. Unlike some people. :roll:

Anyway, back on topic, if the graphics are that good, I'd be tempted to try the thing out just for that. An MMO with next-gen graphics? Hell yea! Right now I think GW has the best graphics of any MMO, and it's very...well...average. The backgrounds look pretty damned good, but there're enough limitations that it doesn't seem very advanced...just good.

Everything else sucks. Maybe EQ2 makes you guys drool, but not me. WoW is freakin' ugly...I thought it was ugly when it first came out...now it's positively ancient. The rest are no better, imo.

Of course, everyone knows I'm a graphics snob.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Off course I read Brave New World, I used to love reading too, now I don't have time for that anymore. But I'm no fan of MMORPGs. And I'm no fan of games or movies made from books with odd stuff added either. ;)

Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:33 pm
Minor Diety

heh i woulda but we had many things we were reading at a-level, then we had to do a book report and we all had to choose from a list; someone else got Brave New World.

I gotta agree GW has the best graphics. WoW, well I dont like cartoony graphics. UO on the 2d client is cool (in the sense of D2 is cool, you see a lot of detail but its still not a patch on a proper 3d game). EQ2 is ok, the actual models are relatively detailed but the landscape texture is horrible (ok so I don't have it on max graphics but I still have it on fairly high). FFXI aint too bad but then its also slightly cartoony, being japanese style.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, books don't hold my attention. My imagination does a better job, because I can't dirrectly control the book. (Unless I throw it out a window or such)

Yeah, said it before and i'll say it again, GW IS NOT AN MMO... *pants*

Haha, that aside, I want huxley and I want it now. I've seen the video on the preorder xbox 360 demo DVD about... 5 months ago? I was creaming my self there an then.

Is it me, or are the graphics in the first screenshot better than the last two?

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Quote:
Regarding the game's title, you're urged to get over it. Dystopian as its setting may be, the game known as Huxley has next to nothing to do with Brave New World, however tempting such comparisons may be.

Then why use the goddamn name? They've disappointed me already, and I don't know anything about it yet.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:37 pm
Felix Rex

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/huxle ... id=6147499

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Gamespot article on Huxley. Apparently it'll be PC and Xbox 360...that may be mentioned above, I don't remember.

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox-360/huxley/708307p1.html

Fri May 12, 2006 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I also have ownership of www.huxleymmo.com if any of you are interested. (Just the URL)

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol, domain squatter. :roll: Hope you come up with some good content for that. I'd recommend at least setting up a pointer to it with some basic huxley mmo info...otherwise you run the risk of running afoul of anti-squatter rules and getting the domain repossessed. That is if the huxley peeps care to actually file a grievance.

Fri May 12, 2006 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Apparently i spoke to soon or someone from Gamespot visited our site :D

Here is the latest article on Gamespot

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next