It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
wow, anyone? 
Knight

Post wow, anyone?
I know some of you, well Satis do not like WoW. But do any of u play it. Since NGE hit Star Wars I was kinda pressured into trying out WoW and I really liked it. I've been playing on Shadow Council. Its an RP server but everyone is super nice if u stay IC and not OOC.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:03 pm
Profile YIM
Minor Diety

Never played WoW. Ive only heard good things.

Is it one of those rent-a-month type MMO's?

Couldnt understand half your post with all those acronyms.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:24 pm
Minor Diety

RP: Roleplaying (there are RP and PvP servers in WoW)
IC: In Character
OOC: Out Of Character

And I played the WoW Beta, really liked it, but I can't afford the monthly fee. Also, the graphics are kinda suck compared to GW, even if I will admit that the design is top-notch.

A mate or two of mine play it religiously (one is unemployed and doesn't do much else), so I do stay up to date. But play it, alas, no. :)

- Coach

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:29 pm
Minor Diety

I think the cool IC environment is enforced because the people who play it, are genuinely enjoying the game. The monthly rent thing keeps the dicks out.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:35 pm
King

My guild is on Mannroth(Horde,PVP). I love it just dont get enough time to play it.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

was considering it the other day, but we got eq2 instead. From the people who i know play WoW, we made the right choice. Apparently everything bad i heard is true and worse! heh. Reckon it'd be a good (great) game if things like the honour system were worked out, and most current players were nuked and replaced with friendly ones, though sounds like you're on a decent server :)

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:46 am
Profile WWW
King

EQ2 was a big disappointment. I remember I got it when it first came out. Its obvious they used a beefed up verison of the SWG engine. And the clay looking character is horrible. Whats funny is everyone bitched ad bitch about their not being any pvp. And the devs kept saying "their not going to be any pvp". Well after almost all their constomers leave they are like "O look we got PVP now! Come back!"

Sorry, no SOE games for me.

Wow is a far superior game to eq2. The only other mmo that comes close to wow is gw. Obivously Wow is doing something right. Look at how many servers they have.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/realmstatus/

And they have so many people trying to play that had to stop new players from joining about half those servers.

I count 132 WOW servers. EQ2 has 29? Its 6:00 AM CST and the majority of the servers are at medium load. Thats alot of people playing.

Anyway, like I said. Wow is a extremely well made game.

2 cents.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Stranger

IC and OOC also mean In combat and Out of Combat :D OOC ressers are common things in Molten core for instance :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:37 am
Minor Diety

I don't have enough time per month for playing to justify buying a game that needs additional fees every month.

Moved the topic to the RPG forum btw.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:58 am
King

From the people who i know play WoW, we made the right choice. Apparently everything bad i heard is true and worse!

An addition to my previous post, before I had ever played WOW thats what I had heard to. I heard had bad the honor system was, how bad this and that was, so I never played it and niether did my friends cause they all heard the same thing. One day I got a whild hair and thought I would try it out, hell first month free isnt bad. Id give it a try and see what happens. I fell in love with it. Every class is fun, none of them or boring. If the honor system is so bad, and the game is so bad then why do they have 132 full servers everynight?

I like playing wow better than guild wars.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:31 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

I dislike wow. I played on a free trial (7 day trial or something) and got up to the mid teens in level. I just don't like it. I hate the graphics. I don't like the quests (very repetitive). Meh...I could keep going, but it'd be pointless.

Anyway, I'll agree there appears to be a decent amount of depth in the game, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm glad other people like it. I don't consider WoW and GW to be competitors, though...they're different types of games.

Just my opinion.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I agree with satis last comment there. A lot of people compare WoW and GW, when it's just not possible to compare them. GW is not an MMO, the only 2 characteristics it has with MMO's are the towns and the fact that it's on a server.

Outside of towns, I have a sneaking suspision you aren't on their servers at all - which would be a nice way to keep it free.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:40 am
Profile WWW
King

Outside of towns, I have a sneaking suspision you aren't on their servers at all - which would be a nice way to keep it free.

Where are you then? On your own computer? If thats true then what happens when you go out of town with a group?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:59 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Same as any other game, one computer becomes the host.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

But that would mean that if the host drops, the game ends for the other users in the instance...and that isn't the case. :)

- Coach

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next