It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Game conversion - BG1 -> ToSC 
Emperor

Post Game conversion - BG1 -> ToSC
Ok. I sucked. Before few months I got ToSC and before starting it, I played whole BG slowly, a bit by bit. Today I had the happy end but couldn't see some conventional way to plug the old save in the expansion on. Tried loading the final-save (got the final batle over and over again), tried using provided map convertor but no visible results, tried to search for some other convertor but found just nothing... huh, some idas? ( except that I leave playing of BG - so we would come to Rinox' story about kneeling on the way of sharp pebbles in order to reach it ;) )

*pause*

Converted manually... :P

*pause*

Hmmm... should be there some playing after the death of Sarevok at all? If so, here is something uterelly wrong after manual conversion. :o

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

TOSC? ToSC just adds some new areas to the map. Since finishing the game ends it, you'll have to load some save prior to entering the final area, so you can still map around. Is that what you mean?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah normally speaking you should go to Ulgoth's Beard and play those maps before meeting Sarevok for the final battle.

However i never was able to get there myself, always had to manually load my characters into that final save, which sucked of course.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:54 am
Emperor

At me everything with maps works just fine but I am uterelly dissapointed. :( I belived there is a further plot between BG I and BG II after killing Sarevok. As I see, there is nothing else left than to kill him and load BG II. :P

Btw, which (BG II) romance mod do you suggest for getting the most of (battle) excitement and xp?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:13 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I never played any of the romance mods, so I don't known.

As for ToSC, it's a major disappointment compared to ToB. But it's still cool, I think. One of the best things about BG1 was the free exploration, and this seriously added to it. Durlag's tower is cool as hell, imo.

Anyway...man, I miss BG. :( I wish they'd rebuild the whole series with modern graphics. Leave the story and gameplay alone...though maybe add some more quests and loot and shiznit. :)

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I hear ya Satis...the closest you can get is playing the old BG2 with the pretty awesome and challenging mod fights. Well, some are, others are insane. :P

Gfree...by far the greatest BG2 romance mod is the Solaufein mod

http://weidu.org/main.html

It makes it so that you can take Solaufein ('good' drow from the undercity) along and romance him. It features some awesome (and hard) new fights; amazing dialogue (lots of old literature and poetry incorporated in his speech) and a great NPC for your party (drow fighter/mage). There's even a German version of it for you if you want Gfree! :)

Ah, btw: Sola is male and will romance you regardless of your gender...but to avoid gayness, get a female main character. ;)

- Coach

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:37 pm
Emperor

Erm, I am not about changing the gender :? ... nope. What about one fem mod? :roll:

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol you can still turn gay...Sola won't mind. ;) And really, it's an awesome mod...but it's your call. :)

You can go for the Chloe or Tashia mod then...Chloe is gay, but she'll romance Imoen if you don't want to change gender. Tashia is straight and romances male characters. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:21 am
Emperor

lol you can still turn gay...Sola won't mind. ;) And really, it's an awesome mod...but it's your call. :)

You can go for the Chloe or Tashia mod then...Chloe is gay, but she'll romance Imoen if you don't want to change gender. Tashia is straight and romances male characters. :)

Shit... Tashia bugged me badly the last time so I guess I have to install extra Jonnie and take Aerie ;)

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]