It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
BG2 fifth anniversary 
Minor Diety

Post BG2 fifth anniversary
Yes, it's been 5 years already since we went to the store and, hands trembling, picked up our copy of BG2 from the store shelves....they said it would be even better than BG1, they said it'd feature 100+ hours of gameplay, they said it'd be the best CRPG ever....and they were right. :)

Say what you like, but BG2 's impact on the gaming market was immense. Suddenly there was this game that had a little bit for everyone, and a LOT of those little bits too. Great storyline, vivid NPC's (for that time), few bugs (in a game that huge), beautiful artwork, extreme amount of gameplay hours, and low sys reqs.

All the stuff that came after BG2 was good, sometimes even great, but it wasn't BG2. NWN was a nice try, but not quite BG2.

Erh, anyway, just wanted to create this thread as a some sort of lame-assed tribute thing. :P I'm sure most (all?) of us can relate to what i'm saying here, and that when you think of BG2 you smile. Like a retard. But a smile nonetheless. :D

Btw, Gamebanshee's anniversary interview is what inspired me to write this crap (yeah, I'm not THAT fanatic that I keep track of its anniversaries myself :P ), so read the thing:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/b ... y.php#null

And to conclude: Firkraag! W00t!

- Coach

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:40 am
Minor Diety

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:02 am
Minor Diety

I first saw (and came to know of it) when i went round my neighbors house and saw him playing it on his laptop. He was telling me about how much better and smarter it was that BG1. But all he seemed to be doing while we were talking was trying to defeat a big-off giant dragon.

Weeks later, he passed the game onto me. It was a Special Edition box, so i gave the t-shirt to my brother, which has now been passed on to my cousin.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:43 am
Minor Diety

On a related note, I can't wait for Dragon Age, BGII's "spiritual" sequel.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:12 pm
Minor Diety

Definitely Arathorn...for everyone not in the know:

http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/

And I forgot how I exactly came to know off BG2...I do remember the moment I bought it tho. :)

- Coach

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:41 am
Minor Diety

I was playing Diablo II, and someone commented that if I liked that, I would definately like BGII and never look back on DII once I played that. He was right. ;)

Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:20 am
Minor Diety

On a related note, I can't wait for Dragon Age, BGII's "spiritual" sequel.

Mm good to hear that.

Ah Baldur's Gate, sweet sweet Baldur's Gate.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:12 pm
Emperor

I just wonder… what would be… … … if someone give a shot and release it in the form of a real 3D game. :shock: Yes, I am BG fan and love playing it whole over and over again :)

Do you recognize btw, what the second attachment shows? ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Dragon Age...

If its D&D, ill pass.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:14 am
Minor Diety

It's not, it's Bioware's own IP. In fact, I'll be quite surprised if Bioware will ever make titles form other IPs.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:46 am
Minor Diety

I hope its not based for board-games.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:36 am
Minor Diety

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:53 am
Minor Diety

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:08 am
Minor Diety

Bioware developing under their won IP means the create the game world and it's mechanics. So no more restrictions from the D&D or Star Wars universes for example.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:11 pm
Minor Diety

Yes i know. I was referring 'vague' to the generic name theyve given it, not for your answer. :oops: sorry.

Some random BG related memory just popped up:

For years, i thought the BG currency (GP = Gold Pieces), actually stood for (Guinea Pigs). I heard that unit of currency somewhere, and just assumed it was what GP meant.

lol, what a n00b!

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next