It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
BG2 fifth anniversary 
Stranger

Lemme know when you start a MP game, i will try to join.

BG1: I finished it but i cheated.
ToSC: nope.
Bg2: Finished, and no cheating :D
ToB: Mm cant remember finishing it, but i will let you know if i did finish once i complete it again.
IWD and HoW: Finished both, no cheating.
Iwd2: Finished it not long ago.
NWN: I have all the expansions, havent finished the original and any of the expansions.
NWN2 and MOTB: Finished both.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:21 am
Emperor

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

TotSC: finished
BG2: finished
ToB: finished
IWD: finished
HoW: don't have it ... don't know how that happened
IWD2: finished
NWN + first expansion: finished
don't have NWN2

If you haven't touched ToB i think you're missing a lot, there you really get the feeling of being überpowerfull, a demi-god or something.
I'll never forget i turned one of the badass liches in ToB (he casts imprisonement, don't remember his name) with Viconia, so he just became one of my minions.
Or when my assassin got hold of the most powerfull backstabbing weapon in the game (can't remember the name either) and i would do insane (or even more insane) damage. If i got lucky i could kill a fire giant with 1 blow. Really made my solocampaign slightly easier :P

Btw i hope your party will work out Pev, but i think when facing thougher opponents (bunch of golems or like ... dragons) you'll have a hard time, and not much melee and tanking power (don't know how Cernd does there though). Just make sure you get enough lower magic resistance casters. Against humans etc i think you'll do great. Might want to experiment with spell triggers and the like, greater malison is also awesome when you have some casters. A combo of greater malison, confusion, horror, web, entangle ... will work out great. Throw in a couple of druid spells and you'll have no enemy left capable or willing to fight you :P

Oh and I'm always up for a MP game as well.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 am
Stranger

There are only a handful iron and adamantine golems that i have found that require direct confrontation. Mostly they are stuck between doors and stuff, so you can just send in one party member with a long stick and they cant even touch you. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IMMUNE TO POISON. Coz the cast poison cloud around themself.

Get the katana of stunning from Temple district Guarded Compound and the game becomes a whole lot easier. It stuns most of the monsters you encounter.

Edit: Id maybe switch Jaheira for Valygar. Coz he can use the katana, giving him boots of speed is also a good idea.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:31 pm
Emperor

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IMMUNE TO POISON. Coz the cast poison cloud around themself.

It doesn't last long and the golem don't cast it so often. Moreover, you see him casting the spell, before it happens.
I just run away for a mom and then get back to continue crushing and smashing.

But my, why do you post what you've finished? Hm.. lemme see:

BG1: Basic + ToSC: finished (BG1 without ToSC over 50 times), no cheating
BG2: SoA, ToB: finished, no cheating
NWN1: finished, no cheating
Planescape: Torment: started, abandoned for lack of free time

Did you know...
[spoiler]From what I've noticed, dices you throw during a fight are dependent on the point you are staying at. If you notice that the damage you do is way too bad for yourself in three or more tries in a row, just move your character a bit.[/spoiler]

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

haha. I'm not surprised. "Random" is a misnomer with computers. Though there are ways to mitigate that. Anyway..

I've done:
BG1 - ToSC
BG2 - ToB

That's about it. Completed most of NWN2 before it bugged and became unplayable. That about did it for me.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I really suggest you try IWD2. Its a linear game, but the story is very powerful and the game keeps changing difficulty so well that you are always on your toes.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:29 pm
Minor Diety

Bah I'm not removing Jaheira, I love Jaheira! I need to see how her story plays out :P Though I'm reconsidering my party somewhat anyway.

Right now I'm in Chapter 2, collecting the fee for Gaelan. Though I had about 10k of it just from doing the circus quest before I even went to the Slums. So I'm currently wandering around Amn and finding all sorts of stuff I've never found before (like a rather interesting room under the Bridge District while trying to solve the murders... that room gets me killed so guess I'll come back!). Last thing I've done is go kill Mehrak, the guy holding Haer'Dalis captive, so I need to get into the altar now to get the gem back.

I currently have me (Sorc), Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie and Jan. Minsc is in his usual set up as a tank for me, having only 5 less hp than Anomen, and I'm thinking I may keep Anomen rather than take Cernd on as a second Druid (though I quite liked Cernd when I finally took him last time). I'm also considering only having Jan until I get Imoen back; much as I like him I tend to use him for his Flashers/spells, and I want a thief that will backstab. Sure, I could use him to, but I think I'd rather keep him out of danger, whereas Imoen... well who cares if she backstabs, gets exposed then dies horribly? ;) Plus it'd be nice to see her story and why Irenicus is so interested in her.

Set up seems to be working well at the moment anyway; obviously not done much outdoor fighting yet, being in the city (other than the odd thug you can just arrow/stab to death) but indoors its all going well. Groups of weak enemies, or weak ones on their own I just send in Minsc (with Wyvern's Tail +2) and Anomen to take the beatings, then pelt them with bullets/magic missile/acid arrow/flame arrow. Against the tougher ones, my root'n'nuke is going well. 'Tis how I killed Mehrak (after a few reloads, damn that Death spell!); basically send web AND entangle into his room (fine for melee guys) but since hes a caster I sent in Stinking Cloud as well to stop him casting. While he's held and/or unconcious unleash a couple of ice storms on him. It worked on the little band of guys in the sewers as well that wanted to stop me getting into his house, but because there's about 5 or 6 of them there, I basically had to run back out of sight and attempt to draw a couple of them at a time... otherwise you end up with a ton of Finger of Death aimed at you, plus who knows how many other spells, a few skeletons, and a rather angry little gnome trying to chop your knees off.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

If you are fighting a mage of considerable strength, have your clerics create 4 or 5 skellies then send them in to take the first spells but send your mage in as well and while he is busy killing the skellies you cast breach, secret word, etc on him. then before the last skellie goes down run away with the mage, haste your warriors and send em in. Whack, spell interrupt, whack whack whack, mage dead.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:10 am
Emperor

Or simply have human mage lvl 2, dualclassed fighter lvl 7+, cast stop time, go in, and ... I guess you know the rest. :wink:

Joke (about time stop), I always just kill him. The first hit is most important.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Some of them have stoneskin already cast on them though. Like the mage who holds Haer Dalis captive. Then you have to disable stoneskin first.

Edit: I'm currently in Watchers keep, level 3. Just dealt with the Demonic Wraith. Damn how i hated that fight. My protagonist kept failing save vs death all the time. And the mad damage traps weren't exactly helping either.

In the end i prevailed, after some 10 loads (It took me 3 tries to kill the black dragon in temple ruins and 5 tries with Firkraag)

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:51 pm
Emperor

Some of them have stoneskin already cast on them though. Like the mage who holds Haer Dalis captive. Then you have to disable stoneskin first.

Can't remember, but I really didn't have any problems with him. (that's probably why I don't remember :) )

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm kinda enjoying the mainly casting set up I have atm; before now I've always had a lot of melee/bow characters so using mainly spells with 2 guys to (attempt) to keep the casters alive, its a much different experience, and a lot of fun

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I must've hit some money bug in watchers keep. I had over 100k and suddenly i was down to 50k

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:22 pm
Emperor

Maybe you just paid "dirty hands" Monk-ey'n'Donk-ey's fee for trespassing their pixel in the game. :D

(Joke of course, I've hit several bugs which include item disappearing but not money, no sir)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next