It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
BG2 fifth anniversary 
Stranger

Dual class guide : http://www.clankiller.com/games/bg/dualclass/

Quote:
My favorite choice is a fighter

Fighter is cool, My Kensai is my main xp bringer, very fast and very accurate, very deadly. What i would like the best would be fighter duald to thief but i would have to use some program to alter the levels coz BG2 starts from 7 or 8.

Quote:
The thing most of you will dislike is that I like playing good

Why would we dislike this? I'm absolutly incapable of playing an evil character in any game. Between a praise, a strong slap and a kick in the nuts, a strong slap is as bad as i can get.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:23 pm
Emperor

Meh, tuts are why I shouldn't make riddles that can be answered by reading them. Although it is possible to make riddles about BG2, it's not as easy as with BG1, because there are considerably less independent digressions (from the storyline) in BG2 in comparison with BG1. Yet, you play BG2, not BG1.

As for disliking goodness, I said "most of" and "probably" :P For the time being here I got feeling the most ppl here like being evil :D at least in the game.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

My favorite character is an assassin and i rather see an assassin as someone 'evil'. Not necessarily in a disturbed, darkdarkevil kinda way (let's call it Ox-style :wink: ) but in general assassins won't be nice guys that find themselves on the side of 'good'.

But i've played and finished SoA with good characters as well.

Evil has Edwin, Korgan, Viconia ... how can you resist that?

~King of Thieves~

Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 am
Stranger

Well i dont see professional Assassins as pure evil though, they are loyal to their cause, which is money and thrill of the kill, although killing people for money is bad but the evil resides in the person setting the bounty.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:05 am
Emperor

They could be used to assassinate evil people, like Isaea and his father, which is doing good, measured by the absolute scale. To the class itself I'd give a chaotic neutral connotation. Assassins can be in service of the law officially or for their own sake, especially there where other sectors of law fail to achieve satisfactory results. However, causing unnatural death managed behind the scene (assassin's way) is what a lawful good character just cannot accept as a part of herself or himself and that's why assassins cannot have LG alignment.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I usually play good. Chaotic good but still good. I feel like an asshole when I slaughter people for no reason. Not that I haven't done that but it's not normally my style.

My fav char I think is a cleric. Tanking abilities plus heals. I play that class in almost every game I play, whatever it may be called. Cleric, Medic, Healer, Doctor, etc.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Yay, I know whom to call if I needed a dude to play medic in tfc.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

team fortress? Haven't played it yet. I used to play WFA which was a mod for Quake3 very similar to TF. I played alot of classes in that, but my favorites were probably engineer and sniper. I played medic too.. hell, I played most classes. It was a great game.

Once I finish with the Supreme Commander expansion I'll be cracking open the Orange Box. TF2 right after HL Ep 2.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Let me (us) know if you do, i play TF2 occasionally, hardly ever play medic though. Demo, soldier, scout, those are more my kind of classes.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 am
Stranger

I finished SoA and played a little into ToB. I have to say that Irenicus fight was wtf? dead already? I summoned elemental prince and Deva and that was it. heh. I guess i should blame myself for doing WKeep in SoA.

On a good note, i have now 3 pairs of boots of speed. So my main and two fighters are constant hasted. Serious nightmare for any opponent.

Ill keep you posted how im doing in ToB

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:20 pm
Emperor

I know there was some mod that turns that battle into... "Huh... am I dead yet?". Unfortunately, Irenicus is no match for a ToB party. I will remind you there is even XP cap in SoA alone, which makes that battle difficult without ToB installed.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Finished the Throne of Bhaal. I used traps to defeat Melissan. The most difficult fight was with the Fallen Solar, damn those mariliths were pain the butt. In the end i used the Staff of the Ram to take them out.

ToB was a bit boring compared to SoA but i guess it was the final chapter of the saga..

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:52 am
Emperor

ToB was a bit boring compared to SoA but i guess it was the final chapter of the saga..

If you haven't played BG1 + ToSC yet, give it a try. There you might be bored by graphics and lack of items, but freedom of move and satellite quests are much more numerous.

And yeah, ToB is mostly linear kill-kill-kill and watch/listen while the story that was following you through the whole game is unfurling.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I think im burned out on the BG saga at the moment. But i will at some time in the future go through BG1 again.

Besides i think i couldnt cope with going from Megapowerful to ultranoob :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:43 pm
Emperor

Besides i think i couldnt cope with going from Megapowerful to ultranoob :D

It's always pleasure to start anew with new knowledges. What do you think, how much of us would like to start like a baby again, but keeping knowledges they have now? No knowledges and proficiencies that could be an equivalent of XP, but only the knowledge on how to live the life.

From your first gibberling to Mellisan. How that sounds? :wink:

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next