It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
BG2 fifth anniversary 
Stranger

By now the money doesnt matter much, luckily. Ive bought all the items i need from shops, and im already back at 100k from watchers keep.

I just had a fight with Saladrex, the dragon in WK. Well it only took me about 50 loads to figure out how to defeat him. (Pevil, my advice is to pick the pierce magic and breach spells for your sorc, they are a must in the fight against Saladrex for instance) He just kept recasting his stonesking and my mage kept dying. But in the end i prevailed.

Now after that darn demi lich who imprisons.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 am
Minor Diety

Isn't there a level in Watcher's Keep where all magic is "wild magic"? You probably got a bad effect there (wild surge, what's it called), causing your money to be cut in half. Happened to me once, luckily (kinda) i didn't survive that fight so had to reload. :P

And yeah: you really want your sorcerer to pick some protection removing spells, you're in a world of pain if you run out of breach, pierce magic spells etc. and must try to beat a powerful sorcerer or dragon.
I'd advice lvl 5 breach and lvl 6 pierce magic, which also lowers magic resistance and is invaluable against dragons. At higher lvls you get some better ones, but you'll be relying on those for a long time.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:54 am
Stranger

Damn that lich just bends 1 too many rules, he even imprison 100% magic resistant creatures which is like impossible in theory.

Edit: I killed him and lost 2hp :D

I had my mage protected from Abjuration enter the room, then quickly my hasted warrior followed, the entire fight the lich tried to imprison the mage who was still standing at the door while my fighter whacked it into oblivion

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 am
Minor Diety

hehe don't worry I have a few defensive spells, and Aerie is pretty much only defensive/curative spells, with the odd magic missile thrown in. Mages have always been my bane in BG so I'm gonna sort 'em out good this time!

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

You guys will make me drop down working and start playing.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehe don't worry I have a few defensive spells, and Aerie is pretty much only defensive/curative spells, with the odd magic missile thrown in. Mages have always been my bane in BG so I'm gonna sort 'em out good this time!

If you're having trouble with mages, go with a monk. Actually, if you have problems with anyone in the game, take a monk, they're way overpowered on higher levels.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:35 am
Emperor

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... I've just met the mage that holds Haer'Dalis and it was just two-three-trash'n'dead job. phew... much more trouble I have with spore colonies. Maybe it's laziness but I still don't have a sophisticated way of exterminating that armies of... confusing things.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Haste your party, then all out melee makes short work of the colony, if more than one colony, use ranged attack.

I finished Watchers keep, i decided not to fight the demogorgon, I just sealed everyone inside. :D. punishment for failing Helm.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:07 pm
Stranger

Ive made it past l20 with my party. I think everyone except the cleric have already picked a special skill/spell ie dragon breath for my mage and etc.

I made it to Brynnlaw or in other words the city before Spellhold.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:47 am
Stranger

Aye mate, bend yer ear fer a secon'!... Whaddya call a fish wit' no eyes?

Fssshhh! Har Har Har, yer a landlubber i e'er i saw one, mate!

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:13 pm
Emperor

It must be a piece of cake at lvl20. I was there usually at 12,13,14,15 or so.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Doing Watchers Keep in SoA is a huge xp boost.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:22 pm
Emperor

I didn't have ToB before 2004 I think, so I played SoA many times without WK. Meh...

Now I usually do one half of WK in SoA, another in ToB. No haste, especially because of that son of a b**** in the bottom (ah yes Demigorgon was the name). And I ALWAYS have to draw the map of that third level over and over again. Aftermath I lose it in sea of other papers before the next visit to WK. I may consider posting it here so that I can just download it when needed.

I'm sure I said I love Watcher's Keep. My favorite place in SoA / ToB. It's pity it gets sealed in the end.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Cant say my favorite location is Umar Hills and the Ranger Cabin but everytime i walk in there and the text appears when you enter the bedroom, it sends chills down my spine.

Im currently wreaking havoc in Spellhold. I just ran the gauntlet or in other words i cleared the dungeons and passed the insanity test.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 pm
Emperor

the text appears when you enter the bedroom, it sends chills down my spine.

I like Watcher's Keep because it feels like home.

Now, lets reveal that in the moment you two started I had a for a long forgotten save on the end of SoA. Today I finished Yaha-Shura. A 'must' part of the party is Jan Jansen. That guy... you know, you oppose him in a conversation, and he bores you to death. When you sit down and think a bit about it, a clear message appears above your head: "you asked for it".

My favorite choice is a fighter, but lately I experiment with a human BG1 mage who dualclassed fighter as soon as he could have. (may this be my next riddle: when can you dualclass first? What are the conditions for that?)

The thing most of you will dislike is that I like playing good, and could hardly do otherwise. I'm good, at least in the game, what can I do. :D

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next