It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
BG2 fifth anniversary 
Felix Rex

The Druid will consistently suck the entire time. Good, steady characters, those Druids are. You can always count on them to be incapable of being of any help.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yep, they are like 10 time stronger in NWN 2. Although, Poison and insect plague are awesome against casters.

I wonder why my warriors receive 3hp per level up.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:15 pm
Minor Diety

woo BG stuff, yay I'm in Ox's game. hehe.

I need to start again. I really do, I miss this game. That said I need to finish IWD2 as well... And actually finish Bg1/IWD1 - both games I had save games at the end bosses, then lost the saves. *cry*

Dammit I need to remember my old party that I was using; worked really well in IWD... *thinks* I believe it was a Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Thief, Druid and Cleric? Something similar to that, and it worked pretty nicely. Have always wanted to play around with the wild mage though... Never really properly concentrated on a caster. I tend to start RPGs with paladin or ranger types, then decide to do the harder caster in a second play through, and never get round to playing a second time.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

The first time I played through BG1 with Shiny I was a mage. It was horrible too. Shiny's first real hard core gaming experience and she's trying to protect my fragile caster from death. Needless to say there was a lot of reloading.

I wish someone would rebuild the whole BG Saga on a new graphics engine. I just can't play with those graphics. I'm too big of a snob. It doesn't even need to be a 3d engine (though it would help with the characters and effects). I'm cool with isometric view, just a higher resolution. Oh, and maybe fix some of the annoyances. :)

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Count

You know you loved it when I would disturb an entire village for one gold piece. I was such a fun little noobie. You love it - admit it! Submit to me or die.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:39 pm
Minor Diety

starting from a certain level (lvl 9 or lvl 10), your character (if a fighterlike type) only gets 3hp per level. So no longer a d10 or so added to your hp. Other classes will only get 1 or 2 hp btw.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:17 am
Stranger

Actually i found the druid quite capable of holding its own as long he is not swarmed. Insect plague deals damage even if the target is immune to poison. Well atleast it did on my poison immunity character. Iron skin is good, summon in coupla fire elementals, etc.

This ofcourse is later in the game, beginning sucks coz the call lightning spell only works outside, but all the difficult fights occur indoors.

Be well or Get Help!!

Last edited by Peltz on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:54 pm
Emperor

I just can't play with those graphics. I'm too big of a snob. It doesn't even need to be a 3d engine (though it would help with the characters and effects). I'm cool with isometric view, just a higher resolution. Oh, and maybe fix some of the annoyances. :)

Maybe you're looking for a mod.. I think "Fields of dead" was the name, but don't take it for a 100% right information cause I never tried a mod for BG1. Anyway there WAS some mod that makes the resolution in BG1 higher.

And I already wrote somewhere how good player I was when I got BG for the first time. My disadvantage wasn't just not being aware of DND, but not knowing the language as well. :P :twisted:

More here.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You can play BG1 with BG2 graphics with BG TuTu, but i think Satis isn't happy with that either.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:13 pm
Emperor

YES, that was the name. BG Tutu. Not enough? I think I haven't misunderstood Sat:
Satis wrote:
I'm cool with isometric view

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

the problem is the graphics were designed for 800x600 or whatever. Sure, I can blow it up to 1680x1050 but the graphics will still be 800x600 so they'll be all pixelated

J is right, I just want the whole thing rebuilt. Isometric is ok but I want dx10 spell effects and graphics built for high res.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I just want the whole thing rebuilt

The thing I wanted to start five years ago... not only for rendering but as well for modding reasons. I wanted to make it all more moddable, programmable and fancy. It would be an relatively easy work but I needed people who know how-to extract/use the resources from BG files. They (mod devs) laughtered at me as if they met Lum the Mad personally. :P :P :P

I'm still on for that project and result of it may be another games like it happened with Half-Life and all its mods.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Since you're all talking about it, I reinstalled *yet again*. I did install #1 but decided I couldn't be bothered playing through that right now, so started a new #2 game with a sorcerer. Don't usually play the magic-type myself so it's a different tack for me. My party will have Jan or Imoen as the thief (not sure which, Imoen annoys me but it'd be cool to see her full story), Cernd, Jaheira, Aerie and Minsc (you just can't do without Minsc). I'm gonna let the other casters take care of buffs and direct damage spells; my plans with my sorc are to basically root everyone with Web (Jaheira can help with Entangle and Aerie also has Web), then knock 'em out with AoE spells (currently got Ice Storm, Stinking Cloud and Melfs Minute Meteors)

Oh and personally I quite like Druids, though admittedly thats because of IWD, where most of the fights (at least to start with) are outside, so she's not restricted and is in fact fairly powerful as long as not hit. Plus I've always liked Jaheira and nearly always take her along, though being a Fighter/Druid helps.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Druids rock in NWN2. Mad AE dam + Earth elemental shape and summmons.

Pity the Negative plane protection in BG2 is so short. I was fighting the vampiric wraiths in watchers keep and thet kicked my a$$ until i started casting hold undead on em.

My custom part is around L16 or L17 with the exception of the thief who is 1 or 2 levels higher.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 am
Minor Diety

I'm all in a DnD mood atm. I need to complete them all, my current status is shoddy.

BG1: Got to the end fight, then lost the save file (fingers crossed I *may* still have it backed up somewhere)
BG1:TotSC: Due to not finishing #1, I haven't even touched it yet
BG2: Got to the start of Chapter 4, then game bugged (wouldn't let me talk to the npc i had to in order to escape) and I'm pretty sure I don't have that file anywhere anymore, hence...
BG2 ToB: never touched

IWD: Again, got to end fight then lost the file
IWD:HoW Once again never finished first one, so not touched
IWD2: Barely even started it due to wanting to finish the first one

NWN + all expansions: Got to the red dragon, game bugged again, stopped playing, save is long gone
NWN2: Will buy after I finish all the rest

Bad record huh? Though I've gotten much further than I usually do with games, so that's a good thing! Moley boy is also interested in BG again thanks to you lot, so if his pc stops being gay I might do a MP game with him and make my Wild Mage char; if not I'll make the WM and finally do an evil party. Have to say that I'm loving my sorc right now; inside restricted rooms in Amn the AoE root'n'nuke is working quite nicely

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next