It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
BG2 fifth anniversary 
Minor Diety

I know there was some mod that turns that battle into... "Huh... am I dead yet?". Unfortunately, Irenicus is no match for a ToB party. I will remind you there is even XP cap in SoA alone, which makes that battle difficult without ToB installed.

I believe that's the "Ascencion" mod, improved Irenicus fight. It adds some (5) powerfull foes to the Irenicus battle and yeah that's hard as hell. I've still got a savegame i have to finish from that fight. But i kept getting smoked, especially the dragon and the strength-drawing sword (if i recall correctly) are a pain in my butt.

Some other frustrating fights in it as well. I remember that getting out of Irenicus dungeon was über-difficult.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:20 am
Emperor

Anyway, if you're playing just SoA without ToB installed, I think XP cap puts most of things on their places. I can't really say the final battle wasn't difficult one that way.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Without ToB, I'd say the final battle in SoA was pretty tough. In fact, without some "cheating", there were quite a few difficult parts in SoA. Like the stupid liches. Man those bastards were annoying.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

An curiosity was my first meeting with Firkraag. I took that beast with few loads. On the other side, Thaxll'ssillyia (yeah, a beautiful name - it's that dragon in Umar Hills), who is rather easy (people say) was big pain in my ass, since I hadn't anything to protect from poison.

Eh, what to say, now I remembered also of my very first battle with Jon in the Asylum. Imoen disintegrated him there. :P Since I've seen him aftermath too, I just thought he re-created himself. But the truth should've been far different.

And for mods... I would like to have an item that sums how many of which kind protagonist killed from the Candlekeep to the Throne of Bhaal.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Bloodthirsty greetings from Baldur's Gate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXQMwZUD0eA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvUuEtiQtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW_2aYUH1yg

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I just finished the Watcher's Keep (again), carefully reading what the characters say (now I am playing it in German, reading every word). It seems the place remains UNLOCKED when you kill the Demigorgon. I didn't know that. Before I unerstood it gets sealed and haven't even tried to enter again. Heh... idiocy on my side. Now I have it free of Demigorgon and free to make empty, by selling all the stuff out. Double win yay. :D

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Just be careful, coz i went twice over 250k and the money got reset to some 70-100k

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 am
Emperor

Just be careful, coz i went twice over 250k and the money got reset to some 70-100k

You know what... they should've built some bank there, or at least gave you possibility to lay your gold somewhere. It's kinda retarded to have to walk around with about 300k GP on a place that has no shop.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Im playing Jade Empire at the moment which is also a very good game. Some minor annoyances with the camera being slow to follow but otherwise really good stuff.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7